Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 96,243

GuSolarFlare

what's left to do before this thread becomes the thread of the year?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SheldonRandoms

It's raining whe..........thunder, Thunder, THUNDERCATS, HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Untitled

So uh...........yeah, it's raining and thundering right now.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Electricmastro

So who else is going to watch doctors and ponies on November 23rd of this year?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

sugarpixel

So, you guys remember The GAMERON project I said I was working on? Well, I've just started working on it, and here is what the first enemy you'll encounter looks like:
Untitled
Everything is going to start out extremely weird and abstract, but the art style and gameplay will slowly change as you go along...

(in case you were wondering, the enemy is just the spinning white X - the black backround's just there so you can see it.)

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

BadKitty

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

sugarpixel

@BadKitty: Thanks for the thumbs up!

Also, I've now created two different possible Al for these enemies; I'm still deciding which I like better.

• The first kind generates a path between where it is and some random point, and it tends to create sharp angles in it's movements;
  • The second moves towards a random point on the screen for a random amount of frames (between 1 and 250), and if it goes off the screen before its timer runs out it goes towards a different point.
    Both versions stop for 120 frames before choosing a new point. Which do you guys think sounds better?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

OptometristLime

Well it's hard to say much just given that description.

The sharp angles sound a bit imprecise from a player standpoint. For the other one, I like the idea of leaving the screen and returning. It maintains the random aspect, without frustrating the player (hopefully).

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Big_Boy_Chubs

heeeeee's baaaaaack...
'ello everyone, yes i'm back.
First of all, i'd like to apologize to those who i snapped at.
Now, i'd like to thank @BadKitty and @LordJumpMad for defending me when i wasn't able to.
To the rest of you, whenever my name is mentioned, i am still notified even when i'm not logged in.
Just sayin'
plus, i've also learned about the "report" button.
I guess you could say i've "learned" my lesson, and next time i'll just report someone if they say something rude, instead of saying pretty hurtful stuff.
Now...
what was this talk of me being "team pet"?

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

MAB

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by MAB

MAB

DawnOverALilly

It's 1:24 Am, I mention Touhou everyday so I am just mentioning it now just in case I don't mention it later today. Did I mention that I like Touhou?

Flandre- "I've been in the basement. For about 495 years."
Marisa- "That's sweet, I only get weekends off."
_
Marisa- It's so hot, I'm gonna die here.
Reimu- If you die, I'll feed your corpse to the birds.
Remilia- My, it'd be fine if you'd let me take care of tha...

LordJumpMad

@Big_Boy_Chubs
Good to see you're back, everyone makes mistakes and learning from them makes you a better person.
We all like to have fun here, but try not to take it too far.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Electricmastro

Let's take a moment to acknowledge that this very song right here is, officially, the last song ever heard on the NES.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Undead_terror

Codes for 2 games for the 3ds, Most should be used, but there code still be some not used
Tales to enjoy, little red riding hood.
A03RL0YT36R10U5L
A03RL0YS2JFFMCPP
A03RL0YY0SKUQ66R
A03RL0YP0FRBBR47
A03RL0YQ2MB0RXJC
A03RL0YR33CTFEA0

=========

Letter challenge.
A03RL0XR060LP6TS
A03RL0XQ1MF7WUVC
A03RL0XP0DS4437V
A03RL0XM27U61E2V
A03RL0XN138NLTQF
A03RL0XY2287NG51

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

sugarpixel

So, concerning The GAMERON... I've now planned out the beginning cutscene! It starts out completely black... then a message appears, using the old 80's arcade game font (its called "Press Start 2P", and it's my new favorite font if anyone was wondering ), that says "Wake up". It disappears; then, more forcefully, "WAKE UP!!!". Nothing happens, and this message disappears, too. The next message says "GAMERON COMMAND: FORCE_AWAKENING". A spotlight comes on, and a totally white, featureless character drawn with sketchy outlines appears. He's laying down, and slowly sits up and scratches his head. A new message appears, this time accompanied by a robotic voice, saying "Welcome to the GAMERON". Then, "The one stop for all your electronic gaming!". "Only from Electric Prune Juice". Then, and slightly more sinister, "PREPARE TO BE ASSIMILATED". A plug on a cord appears from the ceiling, and stops just above his head. He looks up at it. Then, suddenly, the cord seems to come alive and plugs itself into the back of his head. He struggles a bit, but then he starts to become "digitized", and seemingly drawn up into the plug. The screen then goes black, and the game starts.

What do you think?

Edited on by sugarpixel

Big_Boy_Chubs

So, today on the bus (school bus) i had to change. No big deal. Had an undershirt on. I was wearing the ORIGINAL Mtv logo, with a red background, red vans, a red g-shock, nike socks, and tan shorts. So happy!

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic