Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 8,181 to 8,200 of 96,243

Jazzer94

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Watching The Prince of Egypt the animation still looks amazing.

I miss that movie. And yes, it looks brilliant.

That and The Road to El Dorado are probably my favorite DreamWorks films.

I really liked that movie growing up, though Chel is all I remember from it anymore.

Yeah she was a um very lively character to say the least.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

sugarpixel

Alright! I super simplified the system now, and we are fully up-and-running!
Untitled
So there's how it's looking now; still sans-arms.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku that's the golden rule, the simpler it is the less problems will happen and the better it can be.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame yep, this is now my entire draw event:

draw_sprite_ext(sprite_index,image_index,x,y,dir,1,0,image_blend,image_alpha);
if !keyboard_check(ord("A")) && !keyboard_check(ord("D")) && !place_free(x,y+1) {
sprite_index = char_01;
}

Everything is handled with sprite_index now, which makes my job a whole lot easier!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

SomeBitTripFan

@Gioku: Looks good! The only thing that bugged me was the when the jump and walk animation bled together. Maybe a jump/landing animation or get the animation to start with the other leg.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

sugarpixel

@SomeBitTripFan I think that's mainly because the GIF is not running at the same framerate as the actual game... the game is actually a lot faster than this! And stuff like that gets really complicated really fast, and mostly right now I just want to make sure I've got everything working smoothly before I get into stuff like that. I think he needs arms, and some scenery, first.

Metroidlink

@gioku the only thing that bugged me with the video was that it seems like he is floating a bit, maybe make the fall speed 1-2 more? The sprite looks like he is coming good though

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

SomeBitTripFan

@Gioku: Looking at that sprite, I suddenly realized that you should create a T. J. Eckleburg Billboard palate swap for your character (but with a body of course).

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Undead_terror

Untitled
Well I made Goony blocks of this guy!
Untitled
He has small dangling feet that is not shown in this pic but that was pretty much all I could do, couldn't make a rectangle head, make bigger eyes or add any other features like his back pack
Also made stop signs!
Untitled
This inspired me to do so

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Undead_Terror

OCTAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 fantastic sides and 8 awesome angles!!!!!!!!!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Electricmastro

What bothered me about Mario's 25th Anniversary.

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

GuSolarFlare

^looooooooool and to make it looks worse the Kirby's 20th anniversary collection was really good and had even some extra content!

my Backloggery

Electricmastro

GuSilverFlame wrote:

^looooooooool and to make it looks worse the Kirby's 20th anniversary collection was really good and had even some extra content!

In fact, the 25th anniversary disc was released one year after Metroid Prime: Trilogy which contained two GameCube games and a Wii game.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Undead_terror

Yep it's pretty disappointing, maybe world wasn't on there just because you could download it, but then again you could download the other games without the better art but then that leads to the fact that they could of released the remastered versions digitally as well, I don't know what to say about it but it could of been done better!

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

sugarpixel

Oh my. I went to Best Buy, and I played the PS4, and my little sister watched. And we played this game called Octodad. And oh. My. God. I have not enjoyed a game so much in a long, long time! It was creative, silly, fun... it was amazing. I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone talk about this game, it's pure gold! I haven't so thoroughly enjoyed a game like this since Little Inferno — and I only played Octodad for maybe 10 minutes! You play as an Octopus — or should I say "normal human being" — who's trying to blend in. You must make the best of your boneless, jointless tentacles and try to go about your every day life without raising suspicion, and it was hilarious! The first stage is his wedding day, and as soon as I started playing I knew this was something amazing!

And I've fallen in love with the PS4 now... as much as I liked the gamepad with its screen and all, the PS4 controller (and the PS4 in general) is really slick — the controller is super comfortable, and I had no issues getting used to it in a short amount of time. So sorry Wii U — once I have enough money to get a game console, the PS4's what I'm going for. I feel very confident that I'll enjoy this console.

GuSolarFlare

BOO @GIOKU take you PS stuff and go to Pushsquare, we don't need you here anymore!
octodad? is that an octagon?

(just kidding don't take it seriously, except the octagon part octagons are serious stuff)

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

@Gioku: Looking at that sprite, I suddenly realized that you should create a T. J. Eckleburg Billboard palate swap for your character (but with a body of course).

Well now that got me thinking; looking at this:
Untitled
I could probably put in a reference to this and it'd probably fit in perfectly!

Undead_terror wrote:

Untitled
Well I made Goony blocks of this guy!
Untitled
He has small dangling feet that is not shown in this pic but that was pretty much all I could do, couldn't make a rectangle head, make bigger eyes or add any other features like his back pack

Awesome, that is so cool @Undead_terror! I love it!

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku what!?!?!?!? you're already on Pushsquare!?!?!??! you betrayer ¬¬
http://www.pushsquare.com/users/Gioku
AND IN PURE XBOX TOO!
http://www.purexbox.com/users/Gioku

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

Undead_terror

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@Gioku what!?!?!?!? you're already on Pushsquare!?!?!??! you betrayer ¬¬
http://www.pushsquare.com/users/Gioku
AND IN PURE XBOX TOO!
http://www.purexbox.com/users/Gioku

Everyone that made a account here has account on there, even on the xbox site that I never went to.
@Gioku glad you like it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic