Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 8,141 to 8,160 of 96,243

sugarpixel

@Karakato hey thanks for the advice! He's definitely not done yet. I'll see what I can do! ...and he's definitely going to stand out! The first level is brightly colored, to contrast with his colors, but later in the game it will be him who's the brightest colored!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku Kirby's Return to Dreamland... here's a game I didn't get to finish. well if it wasn't from Kirby TD it's all right...
and like @Karakato said just shorten the legs a little when it's off the ground

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SomeBitTripFan

@Gioku: In terms of the music, it's good that you edited the music to fit the tone of your game.If that's all you can do, great. The sprite looks pretty neat and animating the arms separately is rather neat. I'm looking forward to seeing this game in completion.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

KarrotMan

@Gioku It's not just how bright you have to make your character look but also the color. If you watched Egoraptor's sequelitis on CV, Arin brings up a good point of complimentary colors and how they help make the chracter more interesting to look at. I dunno, that's something to keep in mind when designing the stages.

Also, do you think the shoes look better in another color? Seeing that he's a robot himself, I would think that his colors should be a bit more uniformed. let's say change it to the color of his head. Can't say I'm right though, he's your character anyway.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Yoshi

PSI_King wrote:

Also, terrible villagers keep overrunning my ACNL town. I kinda feel like abandoning it or taking a long break again. :/

So now I don't want to Streetpass with anyone anymore, because I got Cherry. I WANT HER OUT NOW.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Metroidlink

@gioku nice sprite and title screen and music looks like a good game (as of now). Are you planning on doing something with the eyes or is it just going to be white eyes?

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

sugarpixel

Here we are, I like this animation much better!
Untitled
Now to give him some arms and stick 'im in the game!

Also, the animation is quite a bit faster in game; this is just the fastest I could save it image as.

And @Karakato, who said he was a robot? How do you know he's a robot or not?
I guess you guys'll have to play the game to see what's going on!

Edited on by sugarpixel

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Yoshi

That picture made me realize that Superstar Saga had no extra party member. The closest one is Prince Peasley. Maybe it was better that way....?

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

sugarpixel

@Dark-Luigi yeah it's awesome!
...I should probably play the older two I haven't played; but as far as I can tell they've made a lot of improvements since then so I don't want it to feel like a downgrade...

brewsky wrote:

That picture made me realize that Superstar Saga had no extra party member. The closest one is Prince Peasley. Maybe it was better that way....?

The extra party member in Dream Team was hundreds of Luigis...

Yoshi

@Gioku The second one, Partners in Time, was my least favorite. However, Superstar Saga is my favorite.

Now playing:

SomeBitTripFan

Whoever created Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time was trying to give children nightmares. The game practically had Toad genocide (Holly Jolly Village Massacre, draining the life out of Toads to process into fuel and refreshments). Heck, it's like that with most of the games. Why are those games so full of nightmare fuel?

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

JunkosBoobies

brewsky wrote:

PSI_King wrote:

Also, terrible villagers keep overrunning my ACNL town. I kinda feel like abandoning it or taking a long break again. :/

So now I don't want to Streetpass with anyone anymore, because I got Cherry. I WANT HER OUT NOW.

The feel is widely known. The vilagers I hate though are 3 of them, and I want them out A.S.A.P. I'm afraid if T.T.ing doesn't work (As much as I don't wanna do this), resetting or ragequiting is my only option. Set up a timer on his Town Hall, with the words on the top of the timer that says "I've got serious kicking out to do. If this isn't done by 3/23/2014, life as we know it in this town is doomed."

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

sugarpixel

My experience with ACNL was that all the characters I like moved out. T_T

...I haven't played in months, who knows what's going on in my town now... o.o

Edited on by sugarpixel

sugarpixel

Now he idles!
Untitled
@Metroidlink, @GuSilverFlame, @MickeyTheGreat, @Karakato, @SomeBitTripFan, what do you guys think (and everyone else, too! )?
I think this turned out really good. I'm very happy with this!
...I always pride myself on my idle character animations. :3

Edited on by sugarpixel

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku looks pretty cool! will the eyes be added separatedly too or they're white like this?(just asking not criticizing)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Yoshi

@Gioku It's great! He looks so...natural!

Now playing:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic