Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 7,981 to 8,000 of 96,243

Joeynator3000

Gioku wrote:

@Mizore nooo... RMXP...?

RPG Maker XP, usually their main menus look like that, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

sugarpixel

@Mizore I'm making this menu from scratch, thank you very much.
And this is going to be a run-'n'-gun platformer, not an RPG anyway.

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Joeynator3000

Now that I think about it, RMXP's menu's have a bordered window in their menus....haven't touched the program in a while. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

sugarpixel

OK, well, I'd love to continue the conversation, but I have to sleep now. XD

Goodnight!

Edited on by sugarpixel

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Nuuuuu! T.T lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

SheldonRandoms

@Gioku This seems appropriate with the game you're making ;3
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SomeBitTripFan

So Gioku's game making gave me the inspiration to try and make a game for myself. I was going to put this post in it's own thread, but decided against it. The idea came to be today. I was standing on the edge of my toilet hanging a clock, the porcelain was wet, I slipped, hit my head on the sink, and when I came to I had a revelation! There will be mini-projects between now and when I actually start, but this will be my first big goal. Just let me know what you think about it.

So today I downloaded Unity, and I'm thinking of making a game over my spare time, but primarily during the summer. It'll probably be difficult to learn, but I can pretty much undertake most any challenge by now. I've got one rather good idea which struck me today, which I'm calling Beloved Titan. I literally just thought of it today, so it's concepts a fairly rough, but I'd like some feedback. The idea takes inspiration from how I imagine The Last Guardian will be and the game Papo & Yo, but will unlike Papo & Yo, try to deliver genuinely difficult puzzles. The game itself is a 2D Puzzle Platformer in which you play as a young boy exiled from his community. The boy wandering through the wilderness, stumbles on a Titan, a giant, humanoid creature. I haven't quite worked out a design for him, but I plan to make him look more earthen of plantlike than human. They develop an sort of friendship, the Titan protecting the boy. However, any time the boy touches the Titan, he turns into stone and can't move. The puzzles in the game involve using the Titan to move things to help the boy continue on his journey (you control both characters). I'm not sure entirely how puzzles will work, but they will involve using the Titan as a bridge among other abilities I'll have to determine. It'll probably have around three distinct areas, a forest during sunrise, a rocky mountainous area during sunset, and a luminous cave during nigh time. The first world have no special properties to it and would only focus on the boy and the Titan. The second world would have villagers attacking the Titan, slowly causing him to lose height and eventually killing him. In the third world, there would be multiple Titans, who could have different properties. And I don't plan on killing the Titan, as games similar to this love to do that and I'd rather have it end happily.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Super_Gravy

Neat idea and I'm not sure if this site is an right place for feedback though.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

Metroidlink

@gioku the first thing our counsellor said was "hello, I am Anne-Margrethe (Hello Americans! ) I want to point out that even though I am your counsellor I can't give you any advice at all on what you should do next!"
What is then the point of a counsellor?

Edited on by Metroidlink

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

GuSolarFlare

@SomeBitTripFan great idea but Unity is super hard for 2D games...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

GuSolarFlare

so..... everyone's busy today? lol tripple posting......

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Pazzo-TheFool

Gioku wrote:

@Mizore I'm making a game:
Untitled
:3

For some odd reason, I read "The Unfortunate Tale of the ClockTower Wish".

And then I freaked out. Scissor Man and all.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

SomeBitTripFan

@GuSilverFlame: I'm glad you like the idea. If Unity is difficult, is there anything you know of that works well? I'm going to need some degree of physics and there will definitely be some more complex things in it.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Metroidlink

@gusilverflame I consider buying LM:DM digitally so I may go soon but other than that no I am not that busy

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

GuSolarFlare

@SomeBitTripFan GameMaker is easy but the limitations on the free version get in the way if you actually try make more complex stuff(especially involving coding)

@Metroidlink it's a great game the missions make it a little boring to go after colletible stuff(having to start another mission to get a gem in another room in the same mansion get tiring too fast)

AND I have screenshots of the NL Desert Island Adventure game(or at least how it is so far) to post here later!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

mystman12

@SomeBitTripFan I know the paid version for Game Maker has been going free fairly often lately, so you might want to keep an eye out on their website. I saw someone at Mojang tweet about it once a few months ago and I was able to get if for free that day.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

sugarpixel

@SomeBitTripFan the version of Game Maker I use, GM7, can be gotten for free pretty easily... but I think getting it falls into the realm of things not to be discussed on this site, so... heh.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic