Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 6,341 to 6,360 of 96,243

ThePirateCaptain

@Artwark
Would people work and progress if everything was free? Most likely not, everyone would sit around getting lazy and complacent.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Socar

@Gioku

Nice Avatar! though I don't get why you use girly stuff instead of manly stuff(Not that I care about it but still....makes me wonder).

@CapnPancakes

I don't really know how this works. If money exists, people have problems but if money isn't there, that's a bad thing?

How would it give no progress if things were for free?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

If everything was for free, Then I'd like to "buy" one earth with everything on it please

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

CanisWolfred

Artwark wrote:

I don't get the whole reason why Money existed? couldn't everything be for free? And what could possibly happen if there wasn't currency?

My only theory in this is that to avoid shortage of resources, this money thing was made for that.

It's because the only alternative is to take what isn't yours. Trading was invented as a means of getting what you want through mutually beneficial means. Money was invented as a way of making that process simpler and easier, by placing a less arbitrary value on something, thus allowing everyone to get something so long as they have enough money that meets that minimum value. Not much more to it than that. All resources are finite, so it's the only way people can have stuff without killing eachother.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku looooooool!!!!
by the way great avatar I don't know much about melloeta but it is really cool!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

KittenKoder

Artwark wrote:

@Gioku

Nice Avatar! though I don't get why you use girly stuff instead of manly stuff(Not that I care about it but still....makes me wonder).

@CapnPancakes

I don't really know how this works. If money exists, people have problems but if money isn't there, that's a bad thing?

How would it give no progress if things were for free?

Money has nothing to do with problems, nothing at all, people make problems. But we are not the only species that does that to our own, many other animals have also been observed making the lives of their own difficult for selfish reasons. Almost all species are inherently territorial, we need resources to live and thus, by-proxy, we will defend those resources as much as we defend our life directly.

Money has become a scape-goat, because people don't understand what it is. The numerical value is nothing more than an equivalency value, instead of one car being worth 100 head of cattle, we say the car is worth 10,000 units of money, making the cow worth 100 units of money each. Of course the actual value, as even with barter and trade, changes based on many factors, one big one is supply and demand.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

KittenKoder

SheldonRandoms wrote:

If everything was for free, Then I'd like to "buy" one earth with everything on it please

As long as I get to buy Mars.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

GuSolarFlare

@Dark-Luigi of course! just give me some time

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

CanisWolfred

I call the Moon. That way I get to moon Sheldonrandoms all day lon-
This post is made in loving memory of CanisWolfred, who died from the stupidity of his own joke

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

sugarpixel

Artwark wrote:

@Gioku

Because I like girlies. :3

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Fikachu

If everything was for free, then life would be extremely boring

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/url]

GuSolarFlare

lol!!!!! just noww in one of those anti spambot checks(the one you have to type the words you see) it was written "I love Deadlines" and I to joke typed "I hate Deadlines" and got through!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and @Dark-Luigi I made the avatar! I wanted to make it Luigi themed hope you liked it(but tell me if it isn't good and I'll make another one!)
Untitled

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

KittenKoder

Fikachu wrote:

If everything was for free, then life would be extremely boring

No way! Brawls to the death for bread sounds like so much fun.

Edited on by KittenKoder

Fikachu

lmao, that "brawls to the death for bread" comment was so random

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/url]

GuSolarFlare

CanisWolfred wrote:

I don't want to speak for Dark-Luigi, but isn't that a little too busy for an 80x80 image?

yeah I thought it'd be so.....
just need some more time to see what to remove

or I'll wait for Dark Luigi's opinion just to be sure.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic