Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 5,941 to 5,960 of 96,488

GuSolarFlare

@NoUsernameHere the rule is no calculators but most teachers only care about it in the tests(except on physics it's the only class calculators are usually free to use all the time)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame we weren't allowed to use calculators in elementary or middle school, but since I've been in High School we've been required to have calculators! We've been learning all the intricacies of Graphing Calculators this year! ...I actually use two calculators at the same time, lol. I've got my graphing calculator, and a scientific calculator that does some extra things like logarithms of any base (rather than just base 10), fractions, imaginary numbers, and, my favorite, it solves for X!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku wow you guys get to do math with quite the fancy tools huh?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame well, everyone is required to have a graphing calculator, but not everyone has my amazing scientific calculator! I love it like a brother. XD

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku lol I don't love my calculator, I'm more than happy with my brain as the main calculating device

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame well like I said, my brain is a piece of s*** when it comes to doing math, lol. I'm very visual, so when numbers get big or start doing weird things, I start to get lost. It also seems to slow me down a bit because my brain likes to go the long way around when doing math... my calculator bridges the gap for me and I've been able to start enjoying math!

...that's why I love graphs so much, they allow me to visualize what the math is doing. Now whenever I see a function, I don't see an equation, I see the shape that the function would make!

...I know, I'm weird.

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku lol I'm the weird one, I have ADHD but even when I'm without medicine I still can do math perfectly fine without losing focus(sadly it is limited to math...)

talking about focus

can't help but love this band!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame I have what is basically the opposite of ADHD, Asperger's Syndrome, so I have the opposite problem of getting too focused on things! (I don't have it as bad as some people, but I do display some of the symptoms (like getting too focused on one thing))

Asperger's can reach the point where it really just looks like autism, so I'm thankful I'm not nearly that bad...

sugarpixel

@Veloster I haven't ever been officially diagnosed with it, but I'm pretty sure I've got OCD, too... but they're very different disorders. Asperger's is more about social issues, like I have trouble talking to people I've never met before, or just initiating conversations in general... I don't have those problems over the internet, though, which is very liberating for me!

...I also have a pretty bad anxiety disorder...

I'm pretty messed up. ._.

GuSolarFlare

so..... don't you guys want to join the Pokémon XY Tournament? I know Veloster won't because of Yveltal(I don't blame him I used to use Rayquaza all the time when I had Emerald)

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame probably not, I'm done with Pokémon competitions for awhile and, once you've been to a live competition, nothing else compares... I need to start focusing on the Pokédex again!

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku just tell me a Pokémon you need and I can help(this week only) my cousin lent me his White 2 and I'm transferring all I can from Diamond.

ah and after the tournament I'm going to train a Dark Void Smeargle

my Backloggery

Captain_Toad

GuSilverFlame wrote:

so..... don't you guys want to join the Pokémon XY Tournament? I know Veloster won't because of Yveltal(I don't blame him I used to use Rayquaza all the time when I had Emerald)

Heh, okay I'll bite.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

sugarpixel

GuSilverFlame wrote:

ah and after the tournament I'm going to train a Dark Void Smeargle

You had better not...!

...if you do I'll never play with you ever again!

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku don't be that harsh. all I'd do is put your Pokémon to sleep and then use lock-on + Sheer cold, nothing OP

my Backloggery

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku fear the ultimate power of SMEARGLE!!!!
Untitled

my Backloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic