Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,861 to 43,880 of 96,481

Heavyarms55

Japan is famous for Earthquakes but after 5 years here I've only felt a couple very minor ones. Twice though they were close enough to set off the alerts. In Japan (basically all?) smartphones have an emergency alert tone that ignores your volume setting. If one is occurring nearby or about to hit, we get warned.

I did not know this - so the first time it scared the ever living crap out of me, as I thought we were about to get annihilated. But here is was minor, over in Kumamoto it was pretty nasty. This was a few years ago. The second time was more minor, but I was in a meeting and suddenly everyone's phone starts screaming "Earthquake alert" at the same time - so you think people would be concerned right?

Most of my coworkers were just sighing and trying to find a way to turn the alert off. xD

Either way, they feel weird. For me they make me think I'm dizzy before I realize that no, things actually are shaking.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

Yeah, the usual initial reaction is thinking you're either about to faint or feeling nauseous.

Then when you realize other people feel the same, or really see the things shaking/falling, it clicks.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoda71

I’m going to bed, but I’ll watch the video in the morning.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Heavyarms55

Okay! 28 hours and 335GB later and everything is nicely redownloaded to my new "1TB" SD card on my Switch. (It's actually only 952GB for some reason but that's still 452 more than my previous card.)

And honestly, considering it wasn't even a wired download, I really can't complain. Actually was worried my route might melt or explode.

Wait, no, not done - still gotta redownload all the updates for my physical games...

Crap. Doom 2016. There's another 45 minutes on its own. "Physical release". Really should have just bought the digital for that one.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@BabyYoshi12
Look at your post number. #44,444
Congratulations for posting the Four Four Four Four Fourth post. 😆

Anti-Matter

Eel

Well that Pokémon presentation was a huge waste of 4 minutes.

(I skipped around to see when would they start talking about something worthwhile... They never did)

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoda71

@Anti-Matter OMG, that’s so cool! I’m really in to stuff like that. 11:11 AM is my favourite minute of the day and I always make a wish. Last night I noticed we were getting fairly close and thought I wouldn’t have gotten it because someone else would while I’m sleeping, but I did it!

BabyYoda71

I can predict the future with my crystal ball 🔮- for example, a Nintendo Direct will shadow drop on June 26 and include info about the Mario 3D Rumours. If you have any questions about the future of Nintendo, I can answer them.

Before you ask, know everything I tell you is random guesses and has no proof whatsoever. It may be true though. Any questions?

BruceCM

Can your crystal ball tell us when the Star Ocean Second Evolution R is coming to Switch, please, @BabyYoshi12 .... ? It's been ages since 1st Departure R did!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BabyYoda71

@BruceCM This game will be confirmed before the end of 2020....

ThanosReXXX

Hey, people. I'm back. I was gone a while, and in case any of you were wondering, I was sick. I was hit with a serious case of stomach aches and massive, debilitating migraine waves, so combined with the slowly rising (and already annoyingly sweaty) temperatures, that didn't really make for a very happy Titan, so I had to take some time to get myself sorted again. I'm still not 100% (some of you will now wonder if I've ever been in the first place, lol) but well enough to get back onto the forums, so here I am.

When I saw I was now six pages behind, I first thought "well, sorry folks, but I'm not going to backtrack all of that and react to things that may not even be relevant and/or interesting anymore", but that's just not me, so I've taken the time to read it all, and here we are, with replies (where relevant), which luckily only turned out to be a couple...

@Tyranexx Yeah... 30 seconds would be MORE than enough for two finger snaps, but I figured you'd understand that I'd like to take my time with these organizations, and cherish the moments of their demise...

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

Odyssey isn’t done when the main story line is done.

Nothing wrong with that statement, and as @Eel noted, stuff gets added after the credits, so I'll agree it's true in some ways, but regardless, it's still different to a game not being done, when that game is BotW, because it's just not comparable, and not just because it's two different game types. It's mainly because it's Nintendo's first ever open world game, and besides some graphical and/or technical niggles, they've pulled out all the stops.

But as said by me and by others: let's see how you look at it when you've actually played the game. You'll then either understand what all of us have been talking about, or you'll stubbornly stick to your point, but at least you'll have played it, which should at the very least give you more of an insight into how we came to our conclusions/points of view.

As for the "origin" of the pizza discussion: that was just here, in the Chit-Chat thread, not in some other thread.

P.S.

I saw you mentioning me in the Animal Crossing thread as one of the smiley/emoticon kings, but I'm not even remotely close to being that. The one person on here that currently holds that record, is @NEStalgia, but he's calmed down a lot, ever since getting that record...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Well...SOMEONE was not practicing his social distancing.......

As for being the emoticon king, I follow the EA model. Make it to the top, and then just do the bare minimum to stay there.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Thanks. Yeah, it was most definitely NOT a pleasant experience. It's hard to describe too, because there's not just one type of migraine. The simplest one is just "headache on one side" of your head, but of course, I'd never get that one, because I never get the simpler things in life, whether good or bad.

If I had to describe it, then it would indeed start with this headache on one side, which gradually works its way down to my shoulder blade, locking up and tightening all the muscles in between the affected temple and shoulder, which almost feels like being in a vice, or a constricting/tightening grip of a band, or snake if you will, which literally feels like it's pulling your neck down and to the side, and locks the shoulder.

Intense or full light hurts, summer heat definitely doesn't help, so a lot of darkness, cold pads/tiger balm (hot menthol ointment) and sleep is required to get through it. Oh, and heavy painkillers, obviously...

But luckily, I only get this two or three times a year at most, and not always for days on end, like my mother used to get, who was much more of a migraine patient than I've ever been, so I guess I'm relatively "lucky" in that regard.

Speaking of being lucky: glad to hear that you weren't anywhere near the earthquake effected area, because that also doesn't exactly sound like something one would want to experience...

@NEStalgia Well, that does sound about right...
I'm DEFINITELY not happy that they've managed to hold on to the Star Wars license, though.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX At least the EA presentation was a rare moment that Andrew Wilson came across as an actual human being. That's worth a watch right there. It was actually a pretty good presentation. I daresay better than Sony's presentation. Sony had more interesting games, but EA had a better presentation and felt like an actual E3 presentation from them for the first time in 8-10 years. Sony's was OK but by the numbers. And opened with a 7 year old PS3 game.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Hm... guess I actually DO have to give that a watch, then. I usually avoid that guy like the plague. His face is always so locked into some kind of sour grimace, that I can't help but wonder if he sleeps on pillows drenched in vinegar...

Sony''s presentation was laughable, save for a few titles, most of which will also come to Series X, so to beat that presentation (or last month's Inside Xbox presentation) isn't really that big of an achievement, but I'll check it out and see what's what.

I am cautiously optimistic about the Xbox event in July, though...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic