Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,841 to 43,860 of 96,507

Tyranexx

@WoomyNNYes It's a possibility. This wouldn't be the first time I've had a reaction in my eyes, though it usually manifests in a tamer manner. Weird thing is it isn't itchy so much as it's just irritating and mildly painful. Been trying to leave it alone.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

NintendoByNature wrote:

@ogo79 did you bring enough for the whole class?

you know i did

Link-Hero wrote:

@ogo79
Not only those dishes look cool, but they also look absolutely delicious.

its one of those things were yer like..."why am i looking at this?" then you say "why would i not look at this" then you feel weird for wanting to eat it lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

I drew my sketch of Jayden the Blue Jay as Avian Kickboxer. He is a High School student grade 11, classmate of Russell the Red Cardinal. Both Russell and Jayden are troublemaker in their school and like to bully Endymion the Swallow oftenly.
Untitled

I drew too left so his right wing looked cropped. 😅

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

My new 1TB SD card came in the mail today! Yay!

My 8 year old PC's SD card read is apparently dead! Wont read any card I try.

Guess I have to redownload.... everything...

How long is it gonna take to redownload 380gb? I guess I will find out.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

DenDen

@Anti-Matter awesome!
How long did it take you to draw this.
Any backstory?

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Anti-Matter

@DenDen
I drew my Jayden last Sunday.
Took 4 hours to draw but his face was the most difficult part.
When i saw Blue Jay real animal photos, it looked easy to draw but almost their photos were profile view with almost no 3/4 or straight on view. I tried to compare the mascot design from Google image and eventually i found one mascot design that facing front so i tried to design based on the mascot i found but still maintaining my drawing style.

As oppose from Blue Jay's natural spiky hair that facing backward, i drew Jayden with his spiky hair facing forward. But for Russell Red Cardinal, i will draw his hair exactly like real animal to differ between Blue Jay and Red Cardinal.

About Jayden, i was thinking the relationship between him and Endymion in the past when they were still Kindergarten student, Jayden behave not really nice with Endymion. They were separated (not study at the same school) when study in Primary school. But they met again when they were Senior High School student. Jayden got influenced by Russell about his behavior, slowly turned him into bullier. Endymion was a handsome nerd bird and was the cleverest student on his grade 10. But he was so defenseless as he was quite shy and couldn't fight back. Endymion has relationship with his old friend, Dave the Dove (my main character for Avian Kickboxer story) when they were still Primary and Junior High School (they were studying in the same school). They got separated when they were Senior High School but Dave still oftenly meet with Endymion after school hour and during part time job. Eventually, Dave have made Endymion signed in Avian Kickboxing Club in his school with the coach Mr Tsurugi the Red Crown Crane as one of Avian Kickboxer Legend 4.

Well, that was a whole story about my Avian Kickboxers. 😅

Anti-Matter

DenDen

@Anti-Matter awesome!!
Fun story much details about his drawing, I like his hair a lot.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

WoomyNNYes

@Heavyarms55 1TB micro sd, regular sd? Either way, cool. If it's not for switch, do you have usb 3.0 ports? Either way, feel free to share how long tranferring 380gb takes

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@DenDen
Oh, btw.
This is Endymion the Swallow i was talking about.
Untitled

Not bad for a wimpy nerd student after got trained by Mr Tsurugi.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

It reminds me of Kratos.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

Wow, looks like there was a relatively big earthquake in Mexico City, and there’s pictures of structural damage going around, and some rather impressive videos of sidewalks and entire buildings shaking from side to side.

I haven’t heard of anyone being hurt, but seeing the ground just visibly wobble like that is quite scary.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoda71

Important News: Where I live, today is the 100th day of quarantine! 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Heavyarms55

@Eel That's bad. I had no idea, the two news sites my work PC defaults to, BBC and Yahoo, did not mention it. Is that close to where you are?

@WoomyNNYes It's for Switch. Been downloading for about 12 hours and I want to say things are roughly 50-60% done? Because of the way Switch shows the downloads for each software title, instead of one big bar, it's hard to judge. It would probably be faster if I had a wired connection for my Switch but oh well. I'm hoping things will be nearly done when I get home from work in about 8 hours.

It's not even been a day and I feel like I'm going into withdraws! I wanna play Pokemon and Xenoblade!

On the plus side, this does make it easier for me to work on my apartment. Lot's of chores I've neglected, like cleaning the closet. Yesterday I spent like 2 hours tearing up cardboard boxes from like the last 6 months worth of online orders as well as getting rid of months of glass and plastic bottles that I had neglected disposing off. (It's too easy to just rinse, toss in the box and forget about it!)

Eel

@Heavyarms55 nope, It’s quite far. But we do have family and friends there. They’re all fine, thankfully.

Apparently it was a 7.5 earthquake, and there were several smaller aftershocks. I guess since it wasn’t a huge tragedy, other countries didn’t see it as news worthy.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Vinny

It's funny, but I've never seen a frontlight GBA SP model in person. The flea shop I used to go back in 2008-2009 only had the AGS-101 model (tons of them too).

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Heavyarms55

@Eel Dude I'm not remotely connected to Mexico in any way, no friends or family, and never been. But the fact that a 7.5 earthquake hits a major country and it doesn't even warrant a mention on the front page of self-declared major news organizations is just nasty.

Not surprising, but nasty nonetheless.

Glad you and your friends and family are alright.

Anti-Matter

@Eel
7.5 Ritcher scale?! 🤪
That was really scary earthquake.
How was your place situation aftershock ?

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

I noticed there was an earthquake in Oaxaca MX today, @Eel. I noticed💖 (at least thats what google said) I asked my friend if she felt it in CDMX, and I hadn't heard from her yet. I'm assuming she's fine, since she posted an unrelated picture after the earthquake, like nothing happened.

@heavyARMS55 Ha, I just did the same dame routine, sunday. Cleaned out the closet, cut down some amazon boxes My closet is badass again. Then today I played several Rocket League matches horribly.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@Anti-Matter as I mentioned, I don't live near Mexico City, so we got nothing here.

Here, I found a compilation with several short videos people took during the earthquake.

Edit: Yeah I heard it was also felt in Oaxaca. Though I haven't heard much about that yet.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

I did see a blurb about that 7.5 in Mexico City today via The Weather Channel app on my phone. I'm glad that it wasn't a huge tragedy and hope that any injuries and fatalities were few. The sad thing is that it only would've garnered more headlines if there had been more negativity associated with it.... @Eel 's video compilation is interesting to watch as you can easily observe the wave motion characteristic to earthquakes.

Quakes occur here, but they aren't very common and feel weird when you aren't used to experiencing them. Went through my first one in the early morning hours one spring day during my sophomore year of high school. I was awakened from sleep and legit thought my sister was lightly shaking our bunk bed for a second. XD IIRC that one was a 5.2, and there was a pretty hefty aftershock later that morning when I was at school.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic