Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,581 to 43,600 of 96,492

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras I was trying to convey it being a joke by putting a winking smiley right after the ohmygod smiley...
Cats are anything but dumb, though. Dogs on the other hand...

There's a reason that the saying goes: "dogs have owners, cats have staff".

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I was referring to vanquishing trains earlier. XD

I do love cornbread; it's been ages since I've had a freshly baked piece of it. It goes great with butter, beans, and real cooked ham.

@ThanosReXXX Nah, it's moving horizontally, not vertically. Unless aliens have secretly hijacked some trains to wrangle up unsuspecting sleepers.... Which means I'm more of a bad@$$ in some dream situations than I thought.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Oh, well, next time you're fighting a train, you'll know what to do, @Tyranexx .... How's your gaming going? Don't seem to have seen what you're playing for awhile!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx That's just their search lights, which they use in lower orbit, or when they have landed.
(Man, I REALLY have to stop watching those "best of" X-Files episodes on Fox)

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX The new pizza argument- dogs vs. cats. Dogs are awesome!

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Oh, for me, there is no "vs" where pets are concerned. Most, if not all of them are cool, especially fluffy ones.

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, I like them all. I can’t have anything with whiskers or that sheds because of allergies, so I have a golden doodle (golden retriever- poodle), but I enjoy cute cat videos online.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Interestingly I watched another video from AustinJohnPlays this morning and he mentioned the video vanished too. Apparently Alex mentions something that other outlets have not mentioned, something about style cards or something? So maybe my other idea was right and they had to private the video because they mentioned something they weren't supposed to after all.

And yes, the arguments between the haters and fans of something absolutely spoils any conversation about a topic. And I guess I'll admit I kinda fall into the "defender" group because I do genuinely really like Pokemon SW/SH. My favorite Pokemon games in years and my most played game, in pure hours, on Switch. (although a lot of that is shiny breeding and raid hunting while also watching YouTube/Twitch)

But the thing I don't get is why people will follow around a game they so obviously dislike, just to repeat the same complaints for all of eternity. I don't like Fortnite for the most part. But I don't hunt down every article about the game to explain why I dislike it over and over. I don't go down the comment section to reply to everyone who does like the game to tell them why they are wrong and insult them for liking it!

There are so many games out there, so many options! There's no need to fixate on a game you dislike and to harass people who do like it! I just can't understand why people seem to enjoy doing that. Because that's the only reason I can think of, people like attacking fans of something they dislike.

Maybe I'm old fashioned or misinformed, but back when I was younger in the earlier days of the internet and beginning days of social media, "trolls" tried to be funny. There was generally a joke in the trolling. But now it seems like people just want to piss each other off. The objective of trolling isn't sarcasm or humor, but the satisfaction of angering your target group. And I can't relate to that at all. I don't like actively making people upset at all. I feel bad about it and don't want to do it.

The only time I might deliberately try to upset people is in retaliation, throw a punch at me and I might return the gesture. But beyond that, I genuinely do not want that kind of thing...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, I agree with most of that. The "funny" part of trolling 2.0 is that at the same time, people have become more easily hurt/offended, so it ended up being the worst kind of mix.

Personally, I don't really mind defenders OR haters, although I'd rather have dislikers than downright haters, but as long as either of them have valid points, then it warrants their view on things. When it's either blindly defending or hating because of whatever stupid individual reason, that's where I tune out. And even if it's warranted, it also depends on how they express themselves and/or if they try to push their views upon others.

What I myself have noticed on a regular basis, and this is something that has been occurring more frequently in the last couple of years, is people immediately jumping into the comments sections without actually reading the article, basically reacting to the title of the article alone, which apparently rubbed them the wrong way, resulting in uninformed or downright stupid/clueless comments, and another thing that has been steadily growing over time, is people that do indeed solely seem to scour the comments sections, to jump on anyone that has an opinion different than theirs, to tell them how wrong or stupid they are.

I actually had that happen to me today, while simply expressing my honest opinion in this comment section. For whatever reason, the guy began bugging me with his own views on the matter, but apparently, I've ultimately been able to escape any further useless discussions with this wonderful individual...

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I'm currently buried in the depths of Xenoblade Chronicles on the Switch. It'll be my main game for some time as it's long in the tooth, plus I'm back working normally now. I did also pick up a couple of shorter games in the sale that I'll get to before long though.

I'm also playing Yo-Kai Watch 2 on the 3DS on occasion. The series is still charming, but I wish they'd done more to the battle system between the first and second game.

@ThanosReXXX Aha, I see. They must have one of those multi-purpose vehicles that fit into those on Earth. That, or they go by the old adage of removing their tires before taking to the tracks. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Could also be that they're in cahoots with the Decepticons, which would be a good explanation for there being "trains"...

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX From what I have heard and read, social media and "traditional" media encourage this tribalism mentality. By taking a side you antagonize opponents and tell supporters what they want to hear and by encouraging arguments you generate views and/or clicks. It's not a coincidence that in an era where society almost demands you have social media, that social media is warping things.

Personally, I quit Facebook, never used Twitter, Reddit or Instagram beyond a handful of times just to see what they were and am quite happy with my choice. But at the same time, it leaves me even more cut off from "modern" social circles. That I only use messengers like Discord or (only with my mother, Facebook, I never use the site and only retain the account for that one service) to speak directly with people, it means I never really get invited out to events anymore because nearly everyone just uses that. Only my very close friends are willing to stay in touch using my "old fashioned" ways.

I can't remember when, but Facebook itself encourages this argumentative behavior with their system deliberately. Algorithms favor posts with more comments and there's no way to down-vote things. They like rude and combative posts because they encourage more responses and thus more clicks. Some people claim Mark Zuckerberg refuses any sort of moderation not mandated by law because of his politics, but really, I'd bet 1000 dollars right now that his primary reason is just the money made off of it. Social media actually profits off of the drama and arguments.

And because of this warping, it really seems like nuance has died, everything is take one side or the other and there's no room for compromise. You love something or hate it. You support something completely or oppose it no matter what. You're on the left or the right for every issue and you best fall in line or you'll be thrown out by all! A or B and those are the only choices...

What I see with Pokemon on this site reminds me very much of political trolls on news articles about politics. Setting aside details, if a news article reports something that at least seems positive about a specific person, members from the other side will flood a comment section with hate. And that's the exact kind of behavior I see on this site with Pokemon articles.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Zuljaras

@Link-Hero He is 10 years old. Our other cat passed away last year at the age of 18 which is pretty good.

We call him Murko but his full name is Murkostin. It is a play on a priesthood names because he likes to beg/pray for food with his big eyes.

BruceCM

Oh, cool, I finished it all & it is great, @Tyranexx .... Which shorter games did you get, then? I might be familiar with those, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

Who have ever played Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers 3DS ?
Untitled
Maybe i can discuss about that game with someone.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Link-Hero That is sad...

We never had to put down a pet. The other cat was a happy cat. I took her from the street one winter. She was just a little kitten. We never let our cats go outside and they live like kings/queens. One morning she just died in my arms but I am happy that we gave her the best, most relaxed live ever

Now this bugger is getting all the attention and he is annoying.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic