Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,541 to 43,560 of 96,481

BruceCM

I like salted peanuts sometimes, @NintendoByNature.... While I tend to snack on chocolate stuff, which is hardly any better, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@ogo79 good to know I'm in the clear. @BruceCM I was merely making a joke about Styrofoam packing and comparing it to dry corn bread lol. but I actually do love snacking mixed nuts, especially during the holidays. When I feel like spending a little more I grab pistachios which are my favorite.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

I love pistachios, too, @NintendoByNature.... Dunno about dry corn bread, is that like crackerbread? Since nobody eats it on its own

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM I'm not sure. The only saving grace for dry cornbread in my experience is on top of chili with all the other fixins.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Ah, we don't really have anything quite like that over here, @NintendoByNature.... But generally, the nearest equivalents would be eaten with something, so that's probably the same

SW-4357-9287-0699

BabyYoda71

@BruceCM @NintendoByNature What do we mean by ‘dry cornbread’? Do you mean... cornbread... plain cornbread... not warmed up in any way... with butter? Because that’s exactly what I eat.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

NintendoByNature

@BabyYoshi12 sometimes corn bread is over cooked and can get dry from what I've had( and accidentally made on occassion lol)

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

No, it'd be without butter, @BabyYoshi12.... That'd be dry bread of whatever description Also seems to be a variety of cornbreads available, some of which might be nice on their own

SW-4357-9287-0699

BabyYoda71

@NintendoByNature Oh, I’ve only warmed up my cornbread when it’s homemade. Normally, I’m fine with it being buttered and normal.

ogo79

@BruceCM
but do you eat packing peanuts?
no one likes a picky eater

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

Yesterday i have to force myself to play Nintendo Wii game due to some backlogs i have.
I played MySims Kingdom Wii, just a little bit more to get 5 Stars island. But apparently, i tend to relax on sofa while playing like i felt bored to finish the storyline since i have ever played the game long time ago.
I immediately stopped playing Wii after i started to felt sleepy. I have played for 2 hours but i felt sleepy after playing. Maybe playing Wii wasn't the right time for this week.

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

I will be honest, when I made that list, I wasn’t expecting cornbread to be the conversation-starter. 😆

Tyranexx

DiD sOmEoNe SaY cOrNbReAd?!

First day back in the office after...about three months? Definitely felt weird. On one hand it's great to be back, but on the other....I like having more free time and less of a commute lol. To be fair, I had the option to still work from home, but I've learned I stay on task better at the office. I'm surrounding by too many things I want and need to do in my own home, which leads to a lot of distracted thoughts.

@BruceCM Well darn, I've been doing it all wrong!

@ThanosReXXX Ouch. I don't condone stubbing toes for any reason as it hurts like HECK when that happens, intentional or not. XD

It's really weird when the train thing happens. I'll just be drifting off to sleep, then I'm met with a light speeding at me from a tunnel, then I'll reflex kick. No noise or anything that I recall. Just that light. Then I'm irritated at myself for waking me back up. Thankfully this isn't a frequent occurrence.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

Tyranexx wrote:

First day back in the office after...about three months?

wow, my first day back is tomorrow...its been exactly 3 months for me as well
what a coincidence

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Heavyarms55

Anyone else notice that NintendoLife video about the Pokemon DLC that got taken down shortly after it got uploaded? From just the little bit I saw, the comment section was a toxic wasteland of arguments within minutes. It really makes me sad just how impossible it is to talk about that game within this community at this point. I mean, I avoid the Pokemon thread on this site for the same reasons. But it's not everywhere, there are big communities out there that enjoy the game. aDrive, AustinJohnPlays, CybertronVGC, WolfeyVGC, Pokeaim, Haydunn, Shofu, Pimpnite... just to name a handful of YouTube channels that cover Pokemon and their comment sections don't instantly devolve into warzones.

The nastiness that seems to erupt on this site whenever there is a Pokemon SW/SH article seems strangely limited to Pokemon SW/SH too. Aside from the odd political post every now and then.

@Anti-Matter Is it really worth it if you have to force yourself to play them? With so many games to choose from surely you've got games you like more. Anyway, how to you play your Wii games, on a CRT? Or do you have the elusive Wii Component cables? Or do you make do with just the old AV cables?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I rarely played my Wii games recently.
I took hiatus from Wii games quite long. Sometimes i have to force myself to finish the backlogs as my responsibility after bought the games.

I play Wii with HD TV White color Sharp Aquos 32 inch with Component and Composite input. I use Wii Component cable for my Wii.
The result was pretty good for Wii but a little bit jaggy for Gamecube.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I've heard the component cable for Wii is getting as hard to find as the Gamecube cable. Nice that you found one.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

BruceCM

Doing what all wrong, @Tyranexx .... ? Eating dry bread of some description? Only it turns out to be a proper homemade cornbread, with various things added, so it's really nothing like I'd be imagining

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

I was opening my photos and videos from my Old 3DS XL.
I saw some photos was from year 2014, when i still able to play DDR SUPERNOVA 2 and DDR X2 Arcade at TimeZone. Also, it was my beautiful time to enjoy my gaming time before everything slowly changed.
To think it was crazy on year 2014 as my first time i met with someone who changed my life forever.
I met with someone who was able to fufill my dream by ordering the games from playasia and Ebay.

I didn't have smartphone with video recording on that year (2014) so i really depend on my Old 3DS XL to take photo and record the videos.
Six years ago... How i miss them.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Yeah, it is great news. This game deserves FAR more attention than it has gotten so far, so glad to see it getting a remaster. I was already aware of it though, because it was mentioned on PureXbox over a week ago, but thanks anyway.

@NintendoByNature Well, if you eat enough packing peanuts, at least you'll get your daily portion of fiber in, albeit artificial ones. Might even make you crap a sweater...

@Tyranexx You seem to think that the light is a train, but are you sure that the light isn't aliens trying to harvest you?

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, those Pokémon threads have become something horrible. So weird how something as simple as a video game can bring the worst out of some people. Personally, I find it rather pathetic, so I don't waste my time reading anything Pokémon related, and even on the odd occasion that I do, I certainly don't dive into the comments section. I'll just read the article or watch the video, and that's that.

As for Wii component cables: unless we're talking OFFICIAL component cables, then they're not hard to find at all. I don't know if your comment meant that you were actually looking for one as well, but just in case:
https://www.amazon.com/Fosmon-C-1036-HDAV-Component-Cable-Nin...
That right there is a perfectly fine cable, even if it isn't first party. Besides the obvious low resolution and the over-obvious jaggies in certain games, the picture displayed through these cables is still pretty darn good.

Also works on the Wii U, by the way.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic