Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,521 to 43,540 of 96,490

BabyYoda71

I am deeply disappointed with Nintendo Life’s search bar. If you search “1-2- Switch”, it doesn’t even show up. Come on, 1-2- Switch is a great game!

EDIT: 6/10? Seriously? I’m disappointed.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Tyranexx

The headphone conversation is serving as a reminder that I need to secure a new set for work. It wasn't a priority as I've been working from home and can listen to whatever I want without bothering anyone, but that'll change once I'm back at work tomorrow. The current set I have has decent battery life, but the stalk is getting really weak and feels like it's about to snap in two in there. It's actually a hand-me-down from a coworker after he upgraded; my previous set is the exact same brand (Bluedio), and the inner stalk on those DID snap. They still work, but it's kinda annoying to have one of the phones hang off one of your ears a bit.

@ThanosReXXX Haha, how can I not forgive a sorry Mad Titan?

I wouldn't say my sleep was undisturbed in my younger years. Besides the sleepwalking episodes I experienced in the ballpark of age eight, I also mentioned the "kick at a train" reflex a few pages back. Except that occurred as I was falling asleep vs. waking up.

Because we all know that kicking a train speeding towards you is VERY effective at stopping it....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

You're supposed to SUPPLEX it, @Tyranexx .....
Untitled

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Heavyarms55

@BabyYoshi12 It comes out on the 17th. People are thinking it will go live right after the Pokemon Home maintenance ends - assuming that the updates to Pokemon Home are related to allowing the returning Pokemon to return to SW/SH.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

BruceCM

Heh, that's what I usually do in the game, @Eel ..... Some people call that 'cheating'

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

Fixed my left joycon by replacing the thumb stick and now I have 1 and a half joycons

It was really easy to rear it down and put it back together but those tiny ribbon cables look so fragile ...

Anti-Matter

I wonder which game should i play now.
Something tough like FF XII TZA or something light like MySims Kingdom Wii ?

Anti-Matter

DenDen

@Anti-Matter depends on your mood?
I whould say ff like

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 We have lots of food-related discussions in store, so whatever you want to discuss, is fine by me, long as it isn't garlic bread, because that'll just bring us back to pizza...

@Tyranexx Ah, yes. The train kicking story. I actually wanted to react to that as well, in one of my previous comments, but somehow, in between editing and re-editing my multiple people-addressing comment, I forgot to do so...

I can kind of relate to that: I once had a dream in which I had a heated argument with my favorite cousin, with whom I more or less grew up as brothers, and that argument ultimately turned into a fight, which prompted me to literally try to kick the crap out of him, but instead, I kicked the wall right beside my bed, resulting in a rude awakening and a black and bruised big toe...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BabyYoda71

@ThanosRexxx Here’s some food opinions, I’m sure somebody will disagree with something. 😆

Corn Bread is great.
I love Cheddar and Sour Cream chips
I love the Zesty Doritos, but hate the Nacho Doritos.
I hate sour cream and salsa.
I like nachos, but with cheese, meat and nothing else.
Fortune cookies taste delicious.
Popcorn is only good from movie theatres and if you put M&M’s inside.
I love s’mores but I hate graham crackers.
I’ve never eaten a pie in my life, except chicken pot, which is delicious.
Cheeseburgers are better barbecued and hot dogs are better boiled.
Cheese Balls are disgusting.

ThanosReXXX wrote:

but somehow, in between editing and re-editing my multiple people-addressing comment, I forgot to do so...

About that, I’ve been meaning to thank you for putting so much effort into your posts. You make such long posts, reply to a lot of posts and clearly edit and re-edit a lot. You are one of my favourite users because of your effort. I’ve been meaning to thank you, but I’ve been waiting for a good opportunity.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

BabyYoda71

@Eel I sure hope not.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Well, thank you very much for the compliment.

And yeah, I do edit a lot, because for one, I want to be as clear as possible, because we all know that if you're not, online communication can often erupt in fountains of misunderstanding, so even though that can never be prevented entirely, I do always try my best to minimize the possibility of such an occurrence.

Secondly, I know that once I get going with some topic(s), that I tend to make rather long posts, so the editing also concerns spacing (for easier reading) and punctuation. And on top of that, the odd nuancing of parts of the text here or there, either to correct myself or to prevent myself from going overboard with any kinds of emotions or opinions. Sometimes the odd slip up still occurs, but I reckon I've done alright so far, since I've hardly ever run into trouble, especially not of late.

I'll get back to you on the food listing. Got some other stuff to take care of right now, and I'm trying to get a bit of Switch play in between all that...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

urrutiap

This past Saturay was my birthday. Im now 40. Didnt do much for my birthday except have a birthday lunch at the diner downtown.

urrutiap

ogo79

Eel wrote:

Are there people who dislike corn bread?

dont let @Eel fool you
part of the rules here are the absurd disliking of cornbread gets you banned.
its a set up to get people banned thats why hes asking.
and im all for it.
where im from its called conebread
it pretty much tastes the same but better.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

NintendoByNature

I dk... I like cornbread, but when it's dry, it's like eating packing peanuts. And yes I know what packing peanuts taste like. I mean.....its not my fault. Peanut is in the name, I was bound to try it at some point. Ban me if you must

NintendoByNature

ogo79

@NintendoByNature
no one here is judging you for snacking on packing peanuts. id be contradicting myself if i did. hell, im eating packing peanuts as i type this. yer cool with us

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic