Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,361 to 43,380 of 96,490

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Thank you. 😀
Back to 3DS eshop topic.
What country did you set for your 3DS?
UK or other Europe country?
I have been taught from my local game shop owner to set Georgia for making USA account since it will not added with tax when purchase something from eshop.
I set Tokyo for my Japan eshop account but still i haven't add any fund on it.

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter I think mine must be UK. When I first bought my 3DS I already had a UK NNID for my Wii U and I just used the same account I think.

Now that Nintendo have changed things and you need to add credit via the website rather than paying for things directly through the eshop I think I'm likely to spend even less in the eshop, just too much hassle. I've got most of the games I want anyway, although I might previously have been tempted to get some virtual console games. But since Nintendo have made that stupid inconvenient change to payments, I'm more likely to think " You know what, I already own a copy of that VC game on one of my other systems, so I'm not going to feel any guilt about installing a ROM of that game on to my 3DS instead of buying it if Nintendo is going to make it harder for me to use their shop".

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
I have made a new account for my Europe eshop just now. 😀
I chose UK, England, Region not set since i dunno which region that doesn't include tax for eshop purchase.
Right now i am downloading Nintendo Badge Arcade app for my Europe 3DS.
Also, i saw some never before seen 3DS theme that Exclusively for PAL region.
Later i will try to link my new account to my Switch so i will have two accounts (USA and Europe).

About eshop voucher, here in Indonesia there were a lot of seller on Tokopedia offered eshop voucher for sale. And the eshop voucher also came in different regions. There were USA, Japan, PAL eshop voucher. Same thing also for PSN, added with Asia region since i live in Indonesia.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 Don't worry, ogo. Most, if not all of us on here like you, so although @OptometristLime's effort was a nice gesture, it's not like you needed defending from us.

It's just that sometimes, comments can be misinterpreted, which is always the case when you put a bunch of real world strangers together in an online forum, and you miss important faculties such as facial expressions and tone of voice, that would make the intent of a comment FAR easier to interpret.

On a side note: that pixelated pizza slice is definitely missing a key ingredient...

@Tyranexx Well, it looks like there's yet another common interest that we share. It looks like we're of the same mind there, but just to make sure: my interest in world history does stop where it enters the "modern" world. I'm not interested much in anything happening after the 18th century. I know plenty of it, and most if not all of it is about war, famine and sketchy politics. All I'm interested in from those days until now, is the innovations and inventions, but the history of man and the world... not so much.

Concerning that BBC documentary that I mentioned, the first part of it (two parts in total) can be found here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b3g1nm
I'm going to boldly assume that you know how to set up a VPN, or re-route your internet, because sadly enough, it isn't available to viewers outside of the UK. Back when I watched it over here, it was simply broadcasted on local TV, so I didn't have to look it up on the internet. But even if you don't know how to do any of those things, then at least you'll know what the title of the documentary is, and who presented/hosted it, which might make it possible or easier to find it on other media.

As for Animal Crossing online: the 7 day trial is nice to dip in your toes, but you might as well take one month. It's only $3.95 and unless you want to play it for hours on end and 7 days straight, you'll probably need that time to be able to plan visits to other people's islands, and let them visit yours. And of course, there's some building and exploring and learning to do, before it even comes to that, so 7 days will be over in the blink of an eye.

And it's Nintendo Online, so it's perfectly safe. If you don't use the smart phone app, then there's no voice chat, and you can only play with people you're connected to or want to connect to, so you'd never encounter any annoying or unwanted individuals.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

Yup, time for some much needed violence!

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
No offence, but...
Please, DO NOT insulting me by putting some inappropriate contents here !
I have observed your behavior too and it was like backstabbing me.
Am i not allowed to share some funny thing to watch ?
It was insulting my efforts.
Are you happy to see me get kicked out once again ?

Edit: I was laughing hard after watching some funny video of ACNH recreation. I just wanted to share my joy to peoples here, perhaps will get some happy booster. And then you suddenly came and ruining my effort ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I'm really sorry for get upset again. 😥
I didn't mean to create this unnecessary drama. 😖

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter You're taking it FAR too personally. I wasn't insulting you, I was just kidding, and it isn't some kind of evil effort on my part to get you banned either, so don't be such a drama queen. The smiley in the comment with the video should have already told you that I wasn't really serious with it.

You REALLY need to learn to be able to take a joke, even if you yourself don't think it's funny. It also wasn't about "ruining your effort", it's just about differing tastes, and there's nothing wrong with differing opinions and different people can post different things that they like, so you shouldn't tell people what not to post. We're all free to post what we like, within the confines of the site rules, and I wasn't breaking any of them.

@Eel I only ever do that when he posts a video, and not even all the time, only sometimes. And it is just a bit of tongue in cheek fun in the form of a running gag (I always use the exact same line when I post such videos), nothing else, so nothing for anyone to get their feelings hurt over.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Ah... that popcorn is sweet. Just the way I like it...

Heavyarms55

"No, I'll be fine" I thought. "I already had my usual morning coffee!" I thought!

I hate mornings... I need an energy drink or more coffee...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Vinny

Don't know if you guys already know this, but last month a translation group released an english patch for the surreal PS1 cult classic LSD: Dream Emulator.
Not a lot of text on that game, but still, pretty nice.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter pullblox is 5:99 euro vat is @23% of that so that is 1:12 euro. the bill I get here is from Frankfort in Germany ( where Nintendo Europe is ) the British pound to the euro can be ( exchange rate ) £1 = from 1:10 to 1:20 euro

Ninfan

Tyranexx

Busy with Xenoblade. I'm not dead, just VERY involved. It's one of those games that easily sucks you in. "Okay, I'll stop after this thing...no, after THIS..." Next thing I knew, it was WAY past lunchtime lol.

NEStalgia wrote:

Untitled

I need to steal this for political discussions here that become...interesting. XD

Also, obligatory "CATS!!! comment.

@Heavyarms55 Seems like someone else doesn't like mornings. Though I've found that if I get up on my own time vs. using an alarm, I can usually skip the caffeine. I'll probably switch back to my morning cup of Joe when I'm finally in at the office again.

Probably best that you don't recall the name of the substance. Don't want any casual readers getting any ideas....

@ThanosReXXX I have a general picture of some world history from the late 19th/early 20th century onwards. While I don't mind digging into some of that stuff as well (though again, a lot of that was a really generalized breakdown in some of the history classes I was in), it's the recorded history before that that I'm more interested in. I found myself looking up how some of Europe functioned before Medieval times not too long ago as I didn't know much about it past the confines of the Roman Empire. What did X group of people do? How did they get where they were? What did they eat? Did they celebrate birthdays? Etc.

I'll try setting up a VPN for that link, though I don't know how successful I'll be. No rerouting experience, unfortunately.

I definitely couldn't fit in too much Animal Crossing in only 7 days unless I played it nonstop and skipped doing just about everything else lol. I like gaming but do try to balance it with other things in my life. Honestly I'll probably cave for NSO long before I pick up that particular game, so activating a trial period just for that would be a bit of a moot point.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

appropriate gif is appropriate
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ninfan

@Tyranexx programmer by day, what are you making at the moment of can you talk about it?

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic