Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 4,321 to 4,340 of 96,490

KittenKoder

I never liked snow. >.> It's cold and wet. Also, I get so pale in the winter up here now. <.< I hate being pale.

EDIT:
Alright people! I am really bored and suffering from insomnia, someone say something! Anyone? Someone with something to engage? I'm watching the Pirates of the Caribbean series again .... for the hundredth time. Is there nothing to discuss? Nothing to say?

Edited on by KittenKoder

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

Socar

I've been depressed lately. My bro thinks that instead of learning skills that will make me a game designer, I just keep playing games and watching TV and nothing else. I've just read books like Art of Game Design(A great book and I recommend it to anyone who wants to get into gaming) and A theory of fun and as of now, I've only made one game which some people like and I don't know exactly how to send this game to more people to play for free.....

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/221418-space-void

I don't know what wrong I'm doing here. Should I play games that I want to play and know that I will enjoy or should I stop playing games forever and start making games if I want to get into being a game designer? The thing is I can't make games all by myself because after seeing this one not doing well, I don't see how the others will when I get this and right now I'm not an experienced programmer and its something my bro and cousin keep telling me to do so which they think is plain easy to get into gaming field but after seeing game staffs and all and the fact that I find programming frustrating, I don't think C++ will work for me. Maybe scripting but I don't know I'm pretty stuck here on whether I'm doing just fine or not......

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Artwark I'm downloading your game now. don't worry about what people say if you stood on a chair in your computer 24/07 making games they would say the same stuff they say now(except the TV part ) and about programming many people say Java's good and it's high level too so it must be easy to use. also Java works on every system(Windows, MacOS, Linux etc.) without needing to redo the program, in my book that's a plus

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

HankLangley

This sentence is false FTW

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

GuSolarFlare

Doge wrote:

This sentence is false FTW

which sentence?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Socar

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@Artwark I'm downloading your game now. don't worry about what people say if you stood on a chair in your computer 24/07 making games they would say the same stuff they say now(except the TV part ) and about programming many people say Java's good and it's high level too so it must be easy to use. also Java works on every system(Windows, MacOS, Linux etc.) without needing to redo the program, in my book that's a plus

I said playing games.....not making them.....but thanks for the information about java

GuSolarFlare

@Artwark but most people see no difference they think since you're messing with games you're just fooling around(especially older people) oh and good game the one you made! takes some time to get used to the controls and I lost on the second stage but it's not bad at all. keep up the good work!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

Socar

I wonder if I can post my game on smartphones.....

I'm just bummed out that people fail to understand that if Nintendo goes third party, then it would become incredibly worse for the game industry as a whole.....Why can't people get that straight?

Edited on by Socar

Jaz007

@Artwark I don't think you should stop playing games if you want to be a game designer, that would be like someone who wants to be an author stopping reading books. I think it's counter productive.

Jaz007

KittenKoder

Artwark wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I said playing games.....not making them.....but thanks for the information about java

Java is my preferred language for multimedia and crossplatform apps, unless it's small, then I use Python script instead. I love Java, actually, it's one of the best languages because it forces the programmers to use a standard, though many coders need to be more careful about their short term objects.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

TsunamiSensei

Am I the only one one this website who can't code?

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

KittenKoder

The-Wind-Pikpik wrote:

Am I the only one one this website who can't code?

Yes, now feel shame for your lacking skill!

Kidding, of course.

sugarpixel

@The-Wind-Pikpik probably not.

Oh, and you guys remember this that I was working on?
Untitled
...It's almost in a state in which I'd be willing to let you guys play it... and I've got a three day weekend this weekend... if you guys push me a bit I might have a demo for you guys this weekend should you so want!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

KittenKoder

Sadly, my computer is dying on me, and thus .... I can't even try anything new on it. I'm scared to even open Blender right now, for fear of frying what's left of the processor.

TsunamiSensei

I volunteer shelving books at a library, and I shelved a book on pigs written by a Ronald Swanson. My life is complete.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Metroidlink

@gioku that would be cool Make me remember that I need to make a game myself for Media class, and I join the "can't code" group

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Super_Gravy

I'm not sure I am in "can't code" group or an "can code" group. I write scripts for network and OS such as adding username and password to the database but I don't code for application or games. I code with HTML, Perl, Power-Shell, and shell script. So… which group am I?

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

KittenKoder

Super_Gravy wrote:

I'm not sure I am in "can't code" group or an "can code" group. I write scripts for network and OS such as adding username and password to the database but I don't code for application or games. I code with HTML, Perl, Power-Shell, and shell script. So… which group am I?

That counts as code.

The difference between programming and coding, according to the old culture at least, a programmer writes in advanced code. "To code" in computer lingo means to write instructions in a language the computer can comprehend, acting as a translator for the computer and the user.

Metroidlink

@gioku do you know a website or something which can learn me how to code?

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic