Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 4,261 to 4,280 of 96,243

GuSolarFlare

yeah Handhelds are better but to play with Friends/Family home consoles get the advantage I love the chaos of sharing that one screen with everyone at the same time

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

KittenKoder

Yeah, I have no family now, and my only friends are .... really far from where I live, so I wind up online anyway. Though, when I move in with my, most likely, future boyfriend, I'll probably get into home console games. I love racing games, and nothing beats competing with human players.

Note: Before you think that I am lonely, I have the ability to converse with millions of people at once, sometimes I wish I was lonely.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@KittenKoder believe me I'm loner than you, always sorrounded by people and barely ever saying a word almost always pretending to agree just to avoid a troublesome discussion or complete isolation... I wish I could be 100% sincere or able to live isolated from common people this way I wouldn't force myself into those situations ever again...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Mickey

See, I keep hearing about people that prefer handhelds and stuff-and that's perfectly fine-but I'm the exact opposite. I cannot get "into" games on handhelds as well as I can get into games on home consoles. The last handheld game I completed was Pokémon Platinum (or Diamond... I can't remember) but even that was when I was, like, twelve.

Please, please, please, please don't ask me why. The only reason I can think up is that it's just how I am.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

GuSolarFlare

@Mickey don't worry the Chit-Chat crew isn't close minded like the "serious discussion" threads it's perfectly understandable.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

KittenKoder

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@KittenKoder believe me I'm loner than you, always sorrounded by people and barely ever saying a word almost always pretending to agree just to avoid a troublesome discussion or complete isolation... I wish I could be 100% sincere or able to live isolated from common people this way I wouldn't force myself into those situations ever again...

Fun fact, I am outgoing, too much so actually. The problem is that their ignorance annoys me to no end, so I avoid the locals. I live in Seattle, and this is what Seattle claims:

1. To be open and accepting of everyone.
2. To be a tech city.
3. To be a green city.
4. To be intelligent.

Here's what Seattle IS:

1. Not even close to the melting pot that is Tucson, people hate each other for the stupidest reasons here.
2. The vast majority still use Windows .... and most of the remainder use Apple. The Apple users are the smarter ones, sadly.
3. The government is just now starting to go paperless, as of last year they just started it, and their websites suck.
4. We have a budget crisis, so they drop millions into a "monorail" project that falls flat, then turn around and drop millions more into a tunnel project. All while the viaduct for I-5 is draining millions to maintain.

This is why all my friends live ... elsewhere.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

KittenKoder

Mickey wrote:

See, I keep hearing about people that prefer handhelds and stuff-and that's perfectly fine-but I'm the exact opposite. I cannot get "into" games on handhelds as well as I can get into games on home consoles. The last handheld game I completed was Pokémon Platinum (or Diamond... I can't remember) but even that was when I was, like, twelve.

Please, please, please, please don't ask me why. The only reason I can think up is that it's just how I am.

"just how I am" is a perfectly valid, and understandable reason. It's all a matter of opinion anyway, and everyone should have their own.

GuSolarFlare

KittenKoder wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Fun fact, I am outgoing, too much so actually. The problem is that their ignorance annoys me to no end, so I avoid the locals. I live in Seattle, and this is what Seattle claims:

1. To be open and accepting of everyone.
2. To be a tech city.
3. To be a green city.
4. To be intelligent.

Here's what Seattle IS:

1. Not even close to the melting pot that is Tucson, people hate each other for the stupidest reasons here.
2. The vast majority still use Windows .... and most of the remainder use Apple. The Apple users are the smarter ones, sadly.
3. The government is just now starting to go paperless, as of last year they just started it, and their websites suck.
4. We have a budget crisis, so they drop millions into a "monorail" project that falls flat, then turn around and drop millions more into a tunnel project. All while the viaduct for I-5 is draining millions to maintain.

This is why all my friends live ... elsewhere.

it's like pretty much like everywhere I've been(though I can't claim to know much since I never left my country) well except the fact the dumb people here use apple because it's more expensive(that old tired show off trend that should die)

my Backloggery

KittenKoder

GuSilverFlame wrote:

it's like pretty much like everywhere I've been(though I can't claim to know much since I never left my country) well except the fact the dumb people here use apple because it's more expensive (that old tired show off trend that should die)

That was kind of my joke about them being the smart ones here.

TsunamiSensei

I tend to like handhelds a little more than consoles. I think it's because do most of my gaming when the sound of a TV would wake others up, and no I don't play games late into the night. I just wake up WAY too early.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

KingDunsparce

@Gioku So you're in Algebra II/ Trig as well? I can't understand imaginary numbers at all. I'm trying to... but no. Even worse is when you try to find them to certain powers. Ughh...

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

sugarpixel

@KingDunsparce I had no issues with Imaginary numbers, for a few reasons:

• I've studied them on my own for three years now;
  • I read this awesome explanation on them (seriously, read it; it makes Imaginary numbers make so much more sense...! This is how they should be taught in school!);
  • I have a calculator with a complex mode.

And I took Trigonometry last year with Geometry; I thought it was pretty fun! (first math class I ever got an A in!)

Hope none of you were planning on sleeping tonight:

lolololol

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

@Gioku Oh boy, now I can sleep tonight, thanks alot............the muffin man, do you know about the muffin man, THE MUFFIN MAN!?!?!?!?!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

TsunamiSensei

I'm in Algebra II, and imaginary numbers just make sense to me. I can't really explain it, but they just do.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

sugarpixel

@The-Wind-Pikpik Well, I mean, they're really not "imaginary", they're just extra numbers; like how at one point negative numbers were new extra numbers, or fractions, or zero, etc.

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Jaz007

Gioku wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

Huh. I guess I'm the only one here that prefers home consoles.

@Mickey likes them too I hear.

I prefer home consoles as well.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic