Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 4,241 to 4,260 of 96,243

GuSolarFlare

@Mickey haha don't worry there's no tension here! it's needed one of those "the WiiU is doomed" threads and the "heated discussion" in them to make me angry(seriously some of those guys complain even when there's nothing wrong)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

sugarpixel

OK... Algebra II... completing the square... transforming functions...even/odd functions... various forms of quadratic equations... etc., etc....

I can't wait to take Calculus.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

KittenKoder

Link-Rova wrote:

Somebody told me you had a boyfriend, who looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year.
Can anyone elaborate on this?

WAAAAIIIIT!

You had a girlfriend? o.O

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

sugarpixel

Just finished the Algebra II final... it was pretty wimpy, actually.
...only one question from each section we covered, and some sections were skipped entirely... o.o

...but I'm not complaining!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

KittenKoder

Alright, now I am considering wasting a blog post on the least important topic ever .... region locking. Gah, I swear, people should know about this by now, but all the complaining demonstrates that people still don't understand it. >.> I hate explaining the obvious.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

GuSolarFlare

@KittenKoder well, it's sad to not be able to play Japan only games but that's all and it's not even such a big deal since nowadays more and more games are getting localised.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

KittenKoder

Gioku wrote:

@KittenKoder I have never once worried about region locking... it really bothers some people apparently, though...

The ones that complain seem to think Nintendo chooses to region lock just because they want to. The funny thing is that I discovered a lot about why some software companies have to do region locking by looking into why Netflix didn't have a Linux version. I love how you can learn so much about so many things by just looking into one inquiry. lol

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame and that doesn't bother me too much, either; very overtly "Japanese" games don't usually interest me, and I can't read Japanese anyway.
...and none of the ones that have been localized (Senran Kagura, Code of Princess, etc.) really interest me too much... so I'm totally OK.

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku I see you're not too fond of japanese things. for me it's the oposite(except I also can't read japanese)

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame there are some Japanese things I like, though. Like Nintendo, for instance.
...and I like the "super kawaii" stuff, too — like Kirby, or Pushmo, etc.

...I'm just not a big fan of anime. So that limits a lot of what I'll enjoy.

Edited on by sugarpixel

KittenKoder

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@KittenKoder well, it's sad to not be able to play Japan only games but that's all and it's not even such a big deal since nowadays more and more games are getting localised.

Ah .... but who has to do the localization? That's part of the key to why Nintendo has region locking ... for now. If they continue on the pace they are at now though, that may change once the company makes enough money to afford the extra fees for various roadblocks they face. Though, like all products, there will still be some region blockage for some products. Korea has access to less than half the games Nintendo has available, and Nintendo has no say in that at all, even if they did have as much money as other major hardware developers.

On that note: Do not ever set your 3DS to Korea, you will have a bad time if you do.

GuSolarFlare

@KittenKoder my 3DS is already set to Brazil(we get the same games as NA) but I'd never set it to Korea anyway the only "special" thing they get is that Maple Story trash and things like that.

my Backloggery

KittenKoder

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@KittenKoder my 3DS is already set to Brazil(we get the same games as NA) but I'd never set it to Korea anyway the only "special" thing they get is that Maple Story trash and things like that.

Well, it's not both Koreas, just one of them, but I forget which is which. I know, I'm being a bit racist, but it's hard to keep politics straight when you are sick of politics. I don't think Brazil even requires as much censoring as the US does, wish NA was by Brazil's standards. Seriously, how many games had to be censored just because it showed a bit of panty on one of the characters? That would be an interesting statistic to know.

GuSolarFlare

Finally got around setting my N64 in my room man it's still a blast to play(especially because it's the only working home console I still have)

my Backloggery

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku I played this thing so much back when I was a kid that my eyes are used to the graphics(plus look at Kirby 64 and Paper Mario those are prime examples of Good Graphics in the N64, in my Opinion)

my Backloggery

KittenKoder

I never much liked home consoles, always been a big fan of portables, mostly because I get really bored in waiting rooms, long lines, etc. So I like to take my games with me.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic