Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 42,081 to 42,100 of 43,661

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee I wasn't planning on using it for anything at all. I just noticed a bunch of people talking about it online lately and didn't know what it was. It's started to feel like there's a new social media-like app that gets big and popular every few months anymore. I've mostly given up trying to stay at least vaguely aware of which is what.

Thanks for the info though!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

I just finished work. It’s been a day. And it was my office day. I think I’ll make some hash with kielbasa tomorrow. Tonight, I dunno what I’ll play.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Recipe jotted down. Once again, thanks! I titled it "Thanos Chili". I just hope nobody gets the wrong impression from that title.

Good to know the general portion sizes. I'll likely end up making a less spicy version (adding the spices in the aftermath to my own dish) and trying it on my family. After that, anytime I make it I'll likely end up freezing some of it and/or halving the recipe.

As for the XCOM 2 comments....I could see how someone speed reading or in a certain mindset might interpret some of your comment a bit aggressively, but to my eyes it didn't really seem that way. That individual might be a bit sensitive; it could be they've had some less than friendly similar encounters online before. If anything, I think you did an excellent job of explaining yourself in the follow-up comment.

I share many of your opinions on physical over digital media.

Currently playing: Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HobbitGamer

Treated myself to Sega Genesis Classics for $12 because I’m worth it.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@hobbitgamer me too!!!
@thanosrexxx I wouldn't sweat it. He didn't understand your point and he decided to take it personally, which you definitely weren't aggressive btw. Just the internet being the internet again. If you must, as lil John once said, "snap yo fingas!"

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

My Wii U machine after 4 years with Animal Crossing Amiibo. 😀
Untitled
And also my 8 Wii U games i have so far.
Untitled

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter did you use the 3D in super Mario 3D world ? Was the 3D feature any good?

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
LOL
3D effect only on Super Mario 3D Land 3DS, NOT on Super Mario 3D World Wii U.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Heavyarms55

I gotta say, I don't miss the glossy material used for the Wii and Wii U. My Wii U gamepad looks forever filthy. And the console show every spec of dust...

I absolutely love my Switch and play it every day - but my Wii U still has the best collection of legal retro titles that I can play on a vaguely modern device. But goodness I wish Nintendo had brought VC to Switch...

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Sure is the case with software, still doesn't ruin the fun as it doesn't happen often. Also, if Paladins crashes, usually starting it up takes you right back to the match you were in, which is handy.

@ThanosReXXX Honest opinion, I like physical games more. While I do play both physical and digital games, it's for the reasons of having the game on a disc or cartridge for me. Digital is convenient, on Mario day a few years back, I bought Super Mario 3D World digitally. I was snowed in and couldn't go out, wanted a new Mario game, and was able to buy it without leaving home. Plus digital only games do exist, and if I avoided digital, then I'd be missing out on games I wouldn't play if I stick with physical only.

Phyiscal is a lot nicer, getting the game on the cart, the packaging, sometimes special stuff. I have Shining Resonance Refrain, it came in a nice metal case. Tokyo Mirage Sessions had nice artwork on the inside of the case. Also, I like being able to own games in series I love.

I play both physical and digital games, but lean to physical for obvious reasons. As a PC gamer, it's pretty much all digital there. Though I prefer GOG on PC, mostly because the lack of DRM. I can buy a PC game, back it up to disc, and install and play without needing the internet (after the initial download of course). DRM-free PC games is the closest to physical digital games will ever get in my opinion.

@Anti-Matter Nice collection. I still play my Wii U, while I have a Switch, mine still gets used regularly. Have fun playing Amiibo Festival.

Sunsy

ogo79

come on reggie give us streets of rage 5!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Heavyarms55

Coworker: A Nintendo Switch is worth 10 masks right now.

XD

Tyranexx

@Sunsy If it doesn't happen often, then it would be something I could live with. It's not often that I play a very buggy game, but there's a fine line between "Oh, it crashed last Tuesday" versus reloading an area of level because your character keeps repeatedly falling through the floor into oblivion....

@Heavyarms55 How many masks is a copy of Ring Fit Adventure worth?

Currently playing: Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Presumably one Switch, so also 10 masks.

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter @Tyranexx @NintendoByNature Thanks for taking the time to read, people. And thanks for confirming that I'm not completely crazy...

@Tyranexx Thanos Chili, huh? That definitely made my face split into a big grin. You could have also named it Dutch chili, might raise less suspicions, and easier to explain...

Then again: I'm only half-Dutch, so I wouldn't even know what to call my chili recipe. I simply call it what it is: Chili con carne.

@Sunsy Thanks for the reply, and completely agreed, but what I actually meant was giving a verdict on whether or not my comment was aggressive, like the individual I was replying to claimed.

HobbitGamer wrote:

Treated myself to Sega Genesis Classics for $12 because I’m worth it.

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I gotta say, I don't miss the glossy material used for the Wii and Wii U. My Wii U gamepad looks forever filthy.

@Heavyarms55 Reallly? What the heck did you do to your Wii U, then? Both my Wii and shiny black Wii U still look almost as good as the day I bought them, Wii U GamePad included.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX I held the gamepad in my hands. And have the console on the table. The slightest bit of sweat on my hands smudges it. And everything gets dusty. There's no damage on either of them. I can clean them just fine.

They just don't stay clean. It's like nothing else I own. I can glare at it, and it gets dirty. That glossy material attracts dirt!

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Ah, okay. I misunderstood, then. I thought you meant to say it was scratched or something.
So completely agreed, in that case. Having to always wipe it off every time you lay a finger on it is annoying, so non-shiny materials are definitely better, in that regard.

BUT... as you may already know, the non-shiny material is more susceptible to retaining dirt, because of it's uneven surface, so you may not SEE any dirt or grime, but it's definitely on there, so you still need to clean your controllers and so on, every now and then.

If I remember correctly, @Tyranexx had a nice label for part of the dirt that you can find on controllers...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

Geez...
Peoples keep debating about Free speech and Anti China dictatorism from article about political issue from Animal Crossing New Horizons. 😒
I was dragged by some users just because they disagree to forbid free speech.
Free Speech, total freedom if without control will lead to chaos. Rather than make a chaos, think first before speak. Your mouth is your tiger.

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter You was one of the first posters there. When you post you are open for discussion. If you did not post there and someone tag you then that is dragging. Understand?

Also why was your post removed? It was above mine and it was not insulting or anything. Or you removed it yourself?

Or it got too many reports

Zuljaras

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic