Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 42,061 to 42,080 of 96,490

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM I dunno. But I'll tell you anyway: it's biscuits and gravy, and both @NintendoByNature and @Tyranexx swear by it. Don't let them pull you in, though. I'm already lost, but you can still walk away unscathed...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

Yeah, Americans call scones biscuits, @ThanosReXXX..... Hence I'm having mine with jam & cream

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM @ThanosReXXX @bimmy-Lee @Tyranexx allow me to clear everything up. It's a savory breakfast dish of a traditional American biscuit with a country or (white gravy) poured on top with breakfast sausage crumbles..

On a side note: we have scones still 😉. Most are usually sweet with berries of some kind in them or apples/chocolate chips.

Either way, bimmy is the go to guy for all things b and g. Thanos is right tho. Best to just give in and not fight it. One way or another, you'll be in the know on the b and g. And youll never look back 😉.

@hobbitgamer first and foremost I hope youre mom is doing ok. Secondly @bimmy-lee did you guys watch alex stream other people's islands. 45min in i turned it off in disgust knowing ill never have an island as beautiful as half of them lol

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Well, this might come as a shock to you, but I actually AM American, and that right there, is an assumption, because I definitely don't call scones biscuits...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Or.... you could take it as a challenge/incentive to do some more work on your own island...

Tyranexx

I took a gaming break last night and intended to watch a movie but ended up reading instead. I at least got to bed early as I intended and slept pretty well. Mowing generally does that to me. XD

Apologies for my silence on the forums throughout the day. Currently in the middle of a work project but am trying to keep to my "normal" work hours for that sort of thing.

@NintendoByNature I feel like I should know which movie that reference comes from, but I can't think of it lol. I've liked some of the Adam Sandler movies I've seen, but I haven't seen them all either.

Ah, I see, @bimmy-lee mentioned it was from Billy Madison. I unfortunately haven't seen that one. It's on my Watch list!

On FFA: I'm enjoying it more now that I feel like I'm in the swing of things. The game is a bit barebones in terms of plot, but I don't mean that negatively and am playing it when I need a game with less text. I haven't gotten too lost yet, and the tip in the other thread about the keys has already paid off. I haven't played since Sunday, and only about an hour at that. I did both Marsh Cave and Kett's Castle. I KNEW that place was suspicious....

Also, I ordered a new Switch game that came in earlier.

Thanks for clearing up the B&G vs. Scone confusion. I've also had the latter, but it's been a very long time. Besides, I prefer fruits and jams on toast or a warm, buttery roll.

@bimmy-lee Weirdly enough, in some ways it is. I do some of my best thinking and musing when doing yardwork. It's a change of pace when one typically has to engage their mind for work matters, then deals with mental exhaustion after that on some days.

...Plus, some Sunday yardwork got me out of the house for a little while. I engaged the self-clean on my oven and, trust me, even with open windows I still had to exit the house for a bit. Ugh.

@ThanosReXXX I don't go to Mickey D's often. The one closest to me is pretty meh, and like you, unless I'm desperate I prefer better burgers.

The image with a larger ditch caught my eye too. It looked really picturesque in that photo.

Glad to know that I'm cited in the B&G club.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea its a nice little bite sized game. Glad youre enjoying what youve played.

What game did you order?

And as I'm sure I've told you I'm playing trials of mana, the 3rd game in the series and it's light years better than secret of mana, imo. It has familiar characters and environments that i loved about secret, but it's much easier to understand. Granted, I'm playing the remake, but I'm going to give the original a try soon after.

I bring this all up as im sure you'll enjoy the rest of the series

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Thanks, she's doing fine. Wouldn't really know anything happened at this point, which is great. Her MRI had some stuff going on with the amygdala, but she already has a neurologist appointment tomorrow we're going to.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Lucarianzx

I have a really good idea for a sketch about spotify (and their annoying ads) involving a bunch of old cd players I have lying around that I can take around in public and destroy (after social distancing) but I don't know exactly how to formulate the script.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Ah, there's always going to be people with either more time or more imagination or skills than us, but you shouldn't let that deter you. Even if you can only spend several hours per week to chip away at your island sculpture, that should be just fine, and ultimately, you'll be more than satisfied with the result, I'm sure. Main thing is keeping the villagers happy, so if they are, then you must be doing something right...

Haven't watched that video, though. By now, I'm getting kind of over-fed with Animal Crossing media, and seeing as I haven't got the game yet, I'd rather see that toned down a bit. Probably not gonna happen, though, much to my dismay...

@Tyranexx Well, at least we've got good taste in burgers. Not that it is helping us any, under the current circumstances. Guess I've gotta grill my own, then.

@HobbitGamer Yeah, I'll second NBN's sentiment: glad all is okay. We've already got enough on our global plate as is, without our loved ones potentially suffering from any other kind of ailment...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I grabbed The World Ends With You: Final Remix online. Best Buy had it for about $35 last week, and I met free shipping requirements after also getting an eShop card that I was gonna order anyway. The game is a bit niche, and I've noticed lot of places have it on clearance. I wanted to get it before new copies became hard to find for a decent price.

Glad that you're enjoying the Trials of Mana remake! I do intend to play the other two games in the collection before too long and want to get the remake way down the line. I considered waiting for the remake and just playing SoM on the SNES Classic, but then I would've missed out on FFA.

@HobbitGamer Thanks for the update. Glad that she seems to be doing well!

@ThanosReXXX Yep, I'm thinking about grilling some for my own use before too long. I have some frozen hamburger I need to use up now that I've decided I wanna get a new fridge. The one that came with my house is older than I thought, and I've had on and off issues with the ice/water dispenser. Short version is I don't use either of those things on it lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, you better grab a new one without those amenities, then.
You can use the savings on that cheaper model fridge for that Blu-ray player purchase...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - No shame in that. Some days are half order days. You don’t always want to be walking around still thinking about breakfast at three in the afternoon. It was half an order more of B&G than I had yesterday, so you’re winning.

@ThanosReXXX - It turns out I was already a Gravy Boy, how could I have forgotten?!? I’m OG B&G. My gravy don’t stop til the casket drops.

@Tyranexx - Yep, yardwork is just about as singularly focused and relaxed as my mind can be outside of painting and gaming. I need to clean my oven so bad! It’s one of those things that’s been on the to do list for a long while, but never gets done. I just used it tonight to melt some cheese on quesadillas for my kids and it smelled like pizza.

@HobbitGamer - I didn’t know your mom was ill, but I’m glad she’s on the mend. Hope she’s back 360 no scoping real soon.

@BruceCM - That looks delicious, is it typically a breakfast, desert, or both?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Vinny

I remember when I owned a japanese copy of Mario Tennis GBC I got on a flea shop... One game where the language actually mattered because it was a tennis/RPG hybrid basically, lol.

My brother had a japanese copy of Mario Kart Advance (Super Circuit in the west).

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX yea for sure. I'd imagine people spend 4-5 hours per day minimum to get some of the items they have. Items I didn't even know existed until the video.

And yea I can hear you on the AC coverage. It's multiple times a day. But I like watching Alex's videos, and I really wanted to see how my island compared to others. After all I've only seen bimmys and hobbits. @Tyranexx good stuff. I really don't know much about that game honestly. I do recall it getting some coverage last year was It?

Regarding trials. It's a beautiful game and im sure the 16bit counterpart looks lovely as well. I know SoM looked lovely in the collection. The gameplay reminds me of a hack n slash with jrpg elements and story line. It feels like you're playing a super Nintendo game in the modern day. Not sure how to describe otherwise, but it feels great.

@bimmy-lee I honestly didn't think anyone else was going to eat so i did an 8 pack instead of the 16 I did a couple weeks back. So between the 5 of us, i slammed 2 down and wanted more, but glad I only had 2 afterwards. The good news is i hooked my wife on them. Shes had them before but it was a while for her. So now i have her on the gravy train as well. (That sounds more wierd than it should 😂)

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I don't really need a water line; I drink out of the tap and only use ice in the dog days of summer after dying outside for awhile. An old-fashioned ice tray can take care of that!

@bimmy-lee Mmm...Pizza!

The self-clean was a last resort. The oven wasn't in terrible shape, but I was having a heck of a time removing some of the baked on stuff. It had to be nuked. Part of the problem is in the five years I've owned it, I've never run the self-clean before. THAT was potent. I didn't use the oven part heavily until a couple of years ago.

@NintendoByNature TWEWY: FR released on Switch back in 2018, I think. The original game was on the DS. I've almost grabbed that version instead more than once, but new copies of both are similar in price right now.

Trials of Mana does indeed look beautiful from the screenshots I've seen! I bet I'll like the graphics of the other two games in Collection of Mana as well; I'm a sucker for 16-bit graphics.

BruceCM

Generally, you'd have them with tea in the afternoon, @bimmy-lee .... But more places have been making them available from breakfast! If you're a big eater, you could go for the full cream tea, starting with hefty sandwiches, having the scones with jam & cream as a main, followed by cake of some description for dessert

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

I have one sample of my Ice Skate Boxer in progress. Take a look. 😏
Untitled

I still haven't give him a name. 🤔
I was thinking about Kaito as his name, but i guess there will be better name for him judging by his look.
What suitable name for him ? (In Japanese names)

Edit: I still have to work with the Ice skating shoes design. I have realized there were some differences between boxing shoes and ice skating shoes / ice hockey shoes. It was easy by looking but pretty hard to draw.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic