Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,981 to 42,000 of 96,490

roy130390

@Tyranexx I really loved that Fire Emblem despite of how the fans felt about it. Conquest was my favourite campaign though.

So... I finally managed to join the Switch party, I got a Switch Lite and I'm having a great time with Smash Bros, Hollow Knight and the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

ThanosReXXX

@roy130390 Be sure to browse the eShop for all the demos and free to play games. There's obviously some crap titles amongst them, but there's also quite a few gems to be found among them.

Oh, and another tip: add games that you'd like to have, but currently find too expensive, to your personal wish list, and you'll get notified by e-mail when they are offered for discounted prices.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

Dear lord, both my brother and I bought that extra mission pass for today's Community Day in Pokemon Go, and we absolutely forgot it was today until the event had only half and hour remaining.

Thankfully we could do all missions and get a shiny Abra in that time. But it was a rush.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

roy130390

@ThanosReXXX Thanks for the recommendation mate, any free to play games that you recommend? I have thousands of hours invested on Warframe on PS4 and I also played DC Universe and Paladins for a long time so I think I'll pass on those.

Anti-Matter

It's morning 6 am here.
Little rain outside.
I have eaten my breakfast at 5.30 am.
I think i will do my chores on every Sunday (sweeping the floor) after this.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@roy130390 I do believe you can transfer your account/share your account for Warframe, so just see it as an alternative way to play it. And of course, it's the only way you'll be able to play it portable.

As for recommendations: depends on what you like, obviously. But here's all the info I can give you, because I also downloaded all these free games myself:

First off, I'd highly recommend Asphalt 9: Legends, seeing as it's one of the best arcade racers out there, so unless you don't like that type of game, it's pretty much a no-brainer. For your online arena brawlers, check out Arena of Valor. If you like puzzlers, you could definitely do far worse than to go for Gems of War, and if you'd be interested in a cross between tower defense and RTS, then Prime World Defenders might be worth giving a go.

Currently, there's also a free mini golf game up for grabs: Pocket Mini Golf. If you like games like Monster Hunter, then you'll probably want to give Dauntless a go. Then there's Warface, kind of a Call of Duty lite, because it's only online and squad based. For Kirby fans, there's Super Kirby Clash, for Pokémon fans, there's Pokémon Quest, and if you think you might be interested in a cross-breed between gravity type games and side-scrolling shooters, give Galak-Z a try.

Honorable mentions: Fallout Shelter and Fitness Boxing, although the latter is more of a demo, seeing as it's only a trial version. Still pretty entertaining, though.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply.

Oh, and if you're into RPG's, you'll definitely want to try out the Dragon Quest XI demo. It may "only" be a demo, but it'll keep you busy for at least 10 hours, and if you happen to like it, you can move your progress in the demo over to the full game.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ogo79

Tyranexx wrote:

@ogo79 ...I guess you win in the age department. Time seems to pass pretty fast for me most of the time these days. I'm told that doesn't get any better as we get older lol.

i still feel and act young, however time indeed does fly by these days.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

Days/months/years/etc supposedly feel shorter and shorter the older you get because you’ve lived through so many of them, that each one starts feeling like such a tiny little fraction of your time.

For example, for a one year old, a year is like, a lifetime.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

And when I leave to take the trash out, i walk in and my dog jumps all over me since it feels like a decade for him 😋

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I thought 20 years ago felt like 20 months ago.
Time flies so fast.
To imagine when i was still a teenager on year 2000, now i am already 35 years old on this year.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

NintendoByNature wrote:

And when I leave to take the trash out, i walk in and my dog jumps all over me since it feels like a decade for him 😋

If he's as lovable and attention-seeking as my parents' dog, he probably feels like every second away from a person is torture. XD

@roy130390 I'm really enjoying Birthright so far, though I don't think I'm far enough along to properly rate the story yet. I played Conquest roughly two years ago. While I found the story in that half to be pretty meh, I did enjoy a lot of the characters and how creative some of the maps were. In comparison, not as many of the characters on this path are as appealing to me, but Corrin's decisions aren't as off either. There are positives and negatives to both.

I don't feel like it deserves the hate it gets though. They're both still very good games.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Yes exactly. Most people I've spoken to do the religious things they do, because they are traditional, rather than "I'm this religion and this is what people of this religion do."

@ThanosReXXX Sometimes I realize I have to reply to more than one person and I do that. Certain admins have made it very clear than spamming replies is bad manners. So if I realize I have another person to reply to right away, I do that. But now I know it doesn't give notifications.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ogo79

Eel wrote:

Days/months/years/etc supposedly feel shorter and shorter the older you get because you’ve lived through so many of them, that each one starts feeling like such a tiny little fraction of your time.

yup

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Is that the reason? Sounds plausible, but on the other hand, it's probably just the fact that kids don't have any patience, so everything longer than an hour takes ages for them, whereas for adults are far more aware of time passing, and as such, it passes faster. I remember vividly always having liked football ever since I was a kid, but a live match couldn't hold my attention for too long, because it took AGES to finish, and I just didn't have the patience or control to sit in front of a TV and be relatively quiet for so long.

Nowadays, live matches are over in a flash. Well, not really obviously, but you know what I mean.

@Heavyarms55 A trick I use is to just edit the comment, copy it, delete the original comment, and then paste the edited comment as a new one. Then everybody involved gets notified. And sometimes if I forget someone, I just place a second comment right underneath the first one. That's allowed. Long as you don't make four or more comments in a row, replying to every person individually...

But another thing you can do, is just wait until somebody else has commented, and THEN place your second comment and/or edit as a separate comment underneath that one, so you won't be spamming either.

Cotillion

Eel wrote:

I've heard that in addition to this, the routine lives of adults factors in as well for the perception of longer periods of time. Kids tend to have a lot more 'milestones' and events in their lives which creates a definite timeline in their mind that seems longer because a lot happened within it, whereas adults that get into a routine of work and daily lives with no big 'events' have a blurred timeline that seemingly passed by quickly.

Cotillion

WoomyNNYes

@Cotillion Yeah, every year of school, different teachers & classrooms.

The decades before I was born now, ironically, seems more tangible. Although, maybe pictures & video play a role there.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

roy130390

@ThanosReXXX Thanks for the detailed response mate, there's definitely a lot to check out then. I didn't know that the Dragon Quest XI demon was that long, I'll probably download it to give it a try since I was interested in the game when it was supposed to come to 3DS but it wasn't released in America in the end.

I hope there's a River City Girls discount soon, I'm dying to play that game since I'm a big River City games fan and I didn't buy it on PS4 so that I could get the portable version.

gcunit

Cotillion wrote:

Eel wrote:

I've heard that in addition to this, the routine lives of adults factors in as well for the perception of longer periods of time. Kids tend to have a lot more 'milestones' and events in their lives which creates a definite timeline in their mind that seems longer because a lot happened within it, whereas adults that get into a routine of work and daily lives with no big 'events' have a blurred timeline that seemingly passed by quickly.

A routine drive to work etc. gets scrubbed instantly from our minds; the same goes for other aspects of life. By the time you're in your 30s you've seen and done so much of routine life X hundred times that the brain treats it the same as a drive to work.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@roy130390 You're very welcome. Initially, I was only going to write down a couple of titles, but then I thought: "might as well grab my Switch and see what I've got on there for free, that's actually worth recommending".

@gcunit That is true by and large, but not for everyone. If I take myself for example, I'm highly empathic and aware of my surroundings (and I also happen to be blessed/cursed with a photographic memory), and I can remember dozens upon dozens of those "drive to work" moments, probably hundreds, and each and every one of them has something specific or different, that didn't happen the first time.

But even if you don't have all these sensitivities/conditions, then it's actually relatively easy to train awareness. I've learned a LOT of tricks in sales & marketing and management training...

Tyranexx

I've had that; you drive to familiar places on autopilot, absorbed in your own thoughts. Then, when you get to your destination, you wonder "What did I do on the way here?" I sometimes wonder if I didn't accidentally run a red light or something in weird situations like that lol.

So I'm trying out the self-clean in my oven for the first time. I've had the thing for five years and have never used that function. Hopefully it's doing its job; I've had to vent my house due to the smell. At least nothing has burned down yet, though my ill-placed kitchen fire alarm wasn't having it at first. That thing is VERY sensitive. I suppose that's a good thing, but when you have to silence it even when a bit of heat escapes from the oven....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic