Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,941 to 41,960 of 43,669

reporterdavid

Good morning. Went to church yesterday. I hope everyone is well.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Blessed. Voice: Pirates! (2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019)

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah... I'm not that sad, luckily. And playing against yourself is also a prime example of cheating, so any and all results gained by that method of playing should be regarded as false, and therefore do not count. Not in the real world, at least.

I'd rather play UNO against computer opponents, in which case I can at least genuinely feel good about myself, when I beat them.

@Tyranexx Well, don't worry. It wasn't overly geeky, as I said, it just bordered on the tech nerd side, so you were at the tipping point, so to speak.

To be honest, I mostly grabbed emulators and programs for the Wii and such from GitHub, seeing as those can always be found there. And as long as programs are supported, I also grab the updates from said programs from there.

@Heavyarms55 I guess we all dream about winning the lottery sometimes. For most if not all of us, a dream is all it'll ever be, though, so I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.
It's a nice thought though, to dream away and think of all the things we would do or could be able to do, if we somehow stumbled upon a cool million. Until then, we'll just dream away in our sleep, and some of us in Animal Crossing...

On a side note: Ah, I see Anti is at it again, drooling over virtual six packs. Yègh!

@ogo79 Why punch the screen and damage your own monitor? I got a WAY more effective anti-snowflake move for 'ya:
Untitled
@reporterdavid We'll be fine, long as everyone sticks to the rules and stays inside, instead of going out the door for anything other than the necessary things, such as getting food or medical care.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

reporterdavid

Yeah, well , in Holland its even a business in the supermarkets to get distance from eachother. We have the rule that 1.5 meter distances is allowed... we , as one of the few or last countrys in Holland, do not have a total lockdown. There are no jailsentences, just fines of 400 Euro (for costumers who don't keep the distances) or 3000-4000 (for companys like supermarkets.).

Blessed. Voice: Pirates! (2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019)

ThanosReXXX

@reporterdavid Countries in Holland?

P.S.

I also live in the Netherlands, so you're preaching to the choir.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I was getting trolled by AC last night. Every time you and Hobbit open and close the game, I get a generic message that says, “I’m Online!”, which I didn’t realize was generic last night, and I thought it was an invitation every time, so I stopped what I was doing, emptied my pockets, and ran to the airport. I even replied to the message as if your guys sent them. How was Mania part two?

@ThanosReXXX - Ha, well, at least you know the process if you ever get to the point where you’re desperate enough for solo UNO. Who knows, if people can’t disrupt their routines, stay at home, and stop gathering in groups, we could be quarantining for all of ‘20. We’ll be so tired of UNO on Zoom, at some point solo UNO could become a real option.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
I was concerning by the amount of newbie users who suddenly sent a request to me to be added as friend and mostly they played Animal Crossing New Horizons. What i concerned about from them was some of them played the game like have no manner or completely like immature bratz (stealing the fruits, destroying flowers, trolling other users, saying meaningless words or inappropriate words, blocking other players, overusing their tools, etc).
You know, like an underage kids who have never played a video games before.
If i found those bratz started to ruin my island, i will ban them forever.

Btw, i still haven't get ACNH.
The price of the game was insane in every local game shop due to weaken USD exchange rate to Rupiah. (1 US$ = Rp 16,900. Blame to Covid-19 Pandemic)
I will eventually buy it once the price is back to normal.
But right now, i pay visit with my ACNL towns (i have 3 copies of them).

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah, who knows what people will do or turn into, if this goes on for much longer. Scientists over here are now talking about 18 months to 2 years, before the virus is completely under control, meaning that all we'll ever get until there's a vaccine, is somewhat more lenient rules and regulations, which in turn means that most of the current rules (social distancing, fewer people allowed in stores at the same time and so on) will still apply, in some shape or form for that ENTIRE period.

I'm trying hard to not think about that too much, because it inspires little to no positive emotions in me.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

WoomyNNYes

Untitled

I love this. And your cat.

Sorry that pic is so big. Is there script to limit picture sizes? @god @thanosrexxx @eel I'm not looking to give anyone a homework assignment here. Just wondering if anyone knows off hand how to limit width & height of a pic.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker.
Extreme bicycle rider.
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League, BioShock

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee hahaha im going to start randomly sending you that message from now on every 15-20 min just to mess with yoh lol. I might even send you I'm offline to keep you on your toes.

Mania 2 was another 'ok' outing. I may be one of the few that's just not understanding the appeal of Brock lesnar. He's always headlining or main eventing all the big ppvs.. and when he does there's little to no wrestling involved. Its like he only knows 2 moves( f5 and German suplex) and he spams it non stop. His matches are done within 5 minutes and I feel like it could've been mid way thru the night. Same with whoever he's facing. They spam their finishers until someone gets a 3 count.

That fun house match was.....i dk...? It Wasnt a match though. More like a short skit from Nickelodeon are you afraid of the dark. It had a couple funny moments. But no wrestling. The highlight was Randy Orton and edge last man standing. Not a huge edge fan.. but I really like Randy Orton. Love watching him rko people outta nowhere.

Think this next weekend I'll watch some old ppvs from late 90s.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@WoomyNNYes Haha, no worries, a quick reply is hardly home work. As for picture resizing: the only way to do that, is to save it to your PC, resize it yourself, and then re-upload and post it here. The page template which is active on this site already scales down pictures that are larger than what would fit inside the pre-defined text frame, but other than that, there's no way to add some command or rule to scale down the picture any further.

Having said that, I don't think that the picture is too big at all. At least we can now all see and read it clearly, which is more important than making a picture smaller because it might possibly be too big, I'd say...

Eel

As far as I know the page automatically resizes pictures so they don’t make the layout explode

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Yeah, I hear you, it doesn’t make for pleasing thought or conversation. Maybe Robocop will show up to help. I had an annoying conversation with my mom over the weekend concerning how Easter will be handled. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that even people in the higher risk groups are failing at quarantine.

@NintendoByNature - You now have access to a treasure trove of material from that era. If you want an incredible blood bath between two all timers from that timeframe, check out Hitman/Austin from WM13 at the good ole Rosemont Horizon. It’s one of the great rasslin matches of our time. I realized a few years ago that I dislike 95% of the matches and the way they’re presented on current WWE, so I finally had to cut bait with the network. I liked watching all the old stuff, but I can still see a lot of it on YT.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea honeslty, I'll watch tons of the old stuff, and tune into the new ppvs.. but i won't be watching ppvs from the last few years. I'll 100% check out 13. It rings a bell.. and I love those two guys. So im sure ill enjoy it. When i was super into wrestling in the 90s and early 00s, my parents would never order ppvs so either I was lucky enough to have a friend who did order it invite me over( which was usually a no on a Sunday night), or I would be S.O.L. and hear about it the next day at school.

With all that said, I'm reliving my childhood I wanted so badly lol.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Haha, I did the same thing when I got the network. I never got the PPVs either as a kid, though I would always rent them whenever they released on VHS six or so months later. I plowed through so much of the archive that it’s kind of ridiculous. The search results page stinks, so if you’re looking for a match in particular; it’s easier to google the event where it occurred and search that way. It’s even fun just skimming through the old PPVs looking for your match.

@Anti-Matter - Sorry, I missed your post earlier. That’s too bad the market is inflating the price. Hopefully you get to play soon. I wouldn’t accept friend invites from people I don’t know, but that’s just me. I wouldn’t want a bunch of randoms in my island, especially during a pandemic. I had to wipe the entire island down after HobbitGamer and NintendoByNature visited last week.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah, they can definitely be stubborn, sometimes. I'm planning to call my old man tomorrow, to check up on him and see how he's doing, all alone in the small village that he lives in. Normally, he'd be going to his holiday cabin in the community gardens over here, and he might still be tempted to do so if the weather's good, but I hope he either thinks better of it, or at least takes enough precautions so he can stay out of the way of other people with the same idea, but I'll find out all about that tomorrow...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Eel That's exactly what I meant, when I told him the following: "The page template which is active on this site already scales down pictures that are larger than what would fit inside the pre-defined text frame"

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea for sure. It does stink. Might even check out some wcw footage too. Considering I missed out on almost all of that being a wwf fan.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Oh I've never actually assumed I'd win the lottery. It's just a fun thing to day dream about when I need something to keep myself from thinking about terrible things I can't change.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

TheUltimate017

@Anti-Matter Nope. I'd recommend staying AWAY from the Sonic Boom games. I think that they were a true disgrace to the series.

I'd recommend playing Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 if you haven't already.

Edited on by TheUltimate017

TheUltimate017

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic