Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,901 to 41,920 of 96,481

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Oh, no argument there. I'm hoping you'll get this reference, but if my online name wasn't ThanosReXXX, it might as well have been Leroy Jethro Gibbs...
Not to an extent that I miss the flip-top/clam shell phone, but real buttons? Sure do miss those, and I often mis-type on touch screens, which I find annoying as all hell, but I mostly got used to it anyway.

So, did you guess right?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

WoomyNNYes

@ThanosReXXX @Heavyarms55 I only wanted a phone with a nice camera, but nice cameras only come on touchscreen phones. I loath touchscreens & typing errors. I wish physical buttons were an option. If there was a nice slider phone with keyboard AND a nice camera, I'd buy it.

Touchscreen smartphones are cool. I just don't want one.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Lucarianzx

@Heavyarms55, I'm pretty sure the blackberry did that if I'm not mistaken? It's all about the thinnest model though right now so I doubt the keyboard will ever come back.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

HobbitGamer

Long story short, mother had a small stroke in her sleep at some point. No loss of function, but they're doing a second CT tomorrow and then starting PT and treatments, think its a cluster.

So I may not be as vocal for a bit. Still reading when I can, just not too chatty.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@hobbitgamer shoot.. very sorry to hear that dude. I genuinely wish you guys the best. Hang in there, and stay positive ( I know that's a tall task right now). I've been in your shoes before with my grandfather experiencing several major and minor strokes so I know what you're going thru. Day by day, take it. Praying for you guys

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

gcunit

@ThanosReXXX So, I'm totally conflicted re. the TurboGrafx-16 Mini. On the one hand, it's got too many shmups for my tastes (R-Type would do for me), and too many Japanese-language-only games, and the controller is fugly, and according to Arstechnica there are lag issues a la the Mega Drive mini (not that I've noticed them yet)...

... But on the other hand I think I am going to get one. Plus one extra controller. I considered your list, and watched a Metal Jesus video ranking the mini consoles, and decided it's probably now or never with this particular piece of hardware, so I may as well opt for 'now' (pending the actual release). So thanks 😉

I am wondering how many extra controllers to order. Aside from Bomberman (I assume), which other games support more than 2 players?

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 @WoomyNNYes This is only a small list, but there are more smart phones with buttons/keyboards, so it actually IS possible to combine the best of both worlds:
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-smartphones-with-keyboards/
I guess that it all depends on the annoyance vs value level for you guys, so how much do touch screens REALLY annoy you vs how much you'd be willing to pay for a smart phone that DOES have physical buttons?

Food for thought, I'd say.

@HobbitGamer Hey, man. Sorry to hear about your mom. I wish you strength in these hard times. I'll be keeping you in mind.

@gcunit Erm... thanks, I... suppose... ? Conflicted but not really all that much, then? And just because there's a LOT of shooters on there, it's not JUST shooters, nor is it a majority of Japanese language games either. Look past those, and you'll still see PLENTY of interesting and highly enjoyable games.

As for the Sega Megadrive Mini: I haven't noticed any lag at all, so that must be like milliseconds or something, but not anything that will hamper my enjoyment in any even remotely significant way. And the emulation was done by M2, so considering their stellar reputation, noticeable lag also seems pretty unlikely. There could be some, seeing as it's not a full blown console, and just an emulator on a chip, but still: probably only visible for those desperate to find exactly that what they seek.

I hate those types of people...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

kkslider5552000

I miss when I made videos.

thinks for a second

I miss when I made videos, but only the 1/3 of them I liked.

I should fix that. I guess. I dunno.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit As for your multi-player games question, here's a full list. Most are just two players, but as you'll see, there's also plenty of games that support up to 4 or even 5 players:
http://www.pc-engine.co.uk/?section=multiplayer

Tyranexx

I'll be going on another grocery run tomorrow. I can stretch things out about two weeks before I absolutely need produce. Not looking forward to it, particularly since the weather is supposed to be pretty wet.

@Heavyarms55 Heck, I'd be excited to go to large cities like that and experience some of what's on offer! Sounds like school trips are an even bigger deal there than they are here, at least in my experience. It could depend on the age group too. I definitely went on more field trips in elementary/jr. high vs. high school. In HS, unless you were in one of the clubs or in sports or band, you didn't usually get to go on school sponsored trips other than the field day in early May.

@HobbitGamer Very sorry to hear about your mother. I hope that all goes well! Gonna be praying for you mate.

On Codsworth: That's AWESOME!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

Tyranexx wrote:

@ogo79 Doing great! You? Sounds like you're well equipped! I have my own ample supply of bathroom tissue and germicide compounds with which to torment the masses. They WILL be clean!

my kinda gal
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryu_Niiyama

@HobbitGamer my condolences. Positive thoughts to you and your family.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

WoomyNNYes

@ThanosReXXX every time I've looked, If there's a smartphone with buttons, it's usually awful, ugly af, or some caveat. So, i have up looking a while ago, because it seems nobody wants to make a successful one. Kinda US car makers gm, ford, chrysler, they if they make a fuel efficient or electric car, they always purposely make them look s**tty, cheap, or unappealing as a way of saying, "see, nobody wants them".

Maybe that's not a great metaphor, but that's how it looks to me. The smartphone market doesn't want to make buttons. You can also argue there's low demand for buttons.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Heavyarms55

@Lucarianzx Yeah, ThanosREXXX gave me a nice list. Lots of phones I've never seen before. I don't know why they don't advertise them more or even display them in shops in my area.

@ThanosReXXX Huh, why would they make these but not market them? I never see these on display at the stores around here. Do they have them at stores in your area?

@Tyranexx Yeah, Japanese school is rough but when they do things, they really really do the things. And that includes school trips. Major events.

And speaking of big cities, I really love Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo. All fairly different cities, but super fun to visit.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

BruceCM

So, Blackberry still going, @ThanosReXXX .... I'd never get on with the tiny buttons they used to have, so have they managed to improve those? @Heavyarms55, let us know if you get any of those or do find some other good one!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Heavyarms55

@BruceCM I'll be doing more research before I get my next phone. But I can't justify buying a new one right now when there's nothing wrong with my current phone. I don't like the touch screen only interface, but that's not nearly enough reason to spend several hundred dollars or more on a new one. Unless I get unlucky, I'll be using this one for another couple years at least.

BruceCM

Fair enough, @Heavyarms55 .... I'm happy with touch-screens but I certainly remember when Blackberrys 1st appeared! Then, I know there were others that did the same sort of thing but I haven't seen any like those for awhile Hopefully, you'll be able to find something suitable for you whenever you get around to it.

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Heavyarms55

@BruceCM That's the plan anyway.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic