Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,861 to 41,880 of 96,489

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Probably should have. Too late now. Anyway I have a bunch of Japanese style cloth tapestry posters. (Yes, I'm that guy with anime stuff hanging all over his apartment) and weak little scotch tape just can't handle the job. Unless I use massive amounts of it.

@Anti-Matter That's pretty cool. And you must have a nice camera because I usually find it real hard to get such good pictures of rainbows when I see them.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ogo79

Tyranexx wrote:

@ThanosReXXX I've heard that if you say "boex" five times while doing jumping jacks, @ogo79 will appear with a stack of them along with a limited edition Castlevania compilation set for the Switch. And it comes with a free authentic whip!

its changed to limited edition streets of rage action figures

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
The rainbow was very visible in the sky.
I can saw it with naked eyes.
I used Vivo Y91 smartphone to take a picture.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Huh, cool. I didn't really believe there was anything to sun sneezing, kinda like the full moon theory; I always figured it was related to some kind of allergy trigger she has. I'm dealing with occasional sneezing now that the weather is nice. The trees are in full bloom, so HERE COMES THE POLLEN! There's a lot of field dust too since spring planting has started. My symptoms aren't too bad, just some sneezing and occasional stuffiness first thing in the morning.

@Anti-Matter Cool! I really do like rainbows. They're uncommon enough to earn a photo or two.

@ogo79 I'll settle for that.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter That is beautiful, it's very rare whenever I see a rainbow here where I live.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 I don't know how heavy or large these are anime posters are, but seeing as you mentioned before having only a moderately sized apartment, I'm not thinking MASSIVE posters, so thumb tacks should work. Another option is to frame them and hang them from a single nail in the wall, or one of these fancy nylon wire and pins constructions.

On an unrelated side note: a decent smart phone camera should work just fine to make pictures of rainbows.
I do believe I have several in my archive, all made with various models Samsung Galaxy smart phones.
I'll see if I can find them. Probably going to be tomorrow, since it's getting kinda late over here.

The trick is either good lighting from natural sources, or using the professional setting of your smart phone's camera, which should be present in nearly all, if not all modern smart phones, whether they're Android or iOS. Once in the professional setting, you can set the ISO value, which is simply the light sensitivity of the camera, in case you're wondering or didn't know already, to 200, and then you'll be able to take much more colorful pictures, both in very bright daylight, but also in night time situations, where lights will wash out, and especially colored lights will simply turn into various shades of pale-colored whites.

With the ISO setting at 200, you should get most, if not all the colors back, and the picture will more closely resemble what you actually see with your own eyes. I'll probably be able to dig up some examples of that for you as well, in case you're interested, but that too will be tomorrow.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 yea they're all closed over here. It's been too long since I've had one and I'm almost willing to Buzz it lol

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I used to have allergies, but they've all but disappeared, because they weren't real ones.
Or, to be more exact: my own doctor mis-diagnosed my affliction, which later turned out to be an inflamed sinus, which had only worsened, after being "treated" with all kinds of hey fever pills and puffers, so instead of it helping, it was just toning down the symptoms, but they never left.

Ultimately, I ended up with a clot in my sinus, that had to be removed by a specialized nose & throat physician, where they drilled a little hole in my left septum, and inserted a drain, so the clot could be flushed out. Unfortunately, the damage to my sinus is irreparable, so nowadays, I'm still almost just as sensitive to pollen and/or any other kind of free floating particles, in the summer time, so I might as well have hey fever...

As for the light trick: I sometimes use it on purpose when I have one of those urges to sneeze, but it just won't come out, for whatever reason, if you know what I'm talking about, and then I just stare at the light dome in my bathroom and out comes the sneeze. Sometimes quicker than others, but it always works.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

WoomyNNYes

@NintendoByNature If you're trimming the sides, just cut the sides of your hair in vertical rows. That's how you avoid choppy results. You don't have to be exacting to get good results. It's a pretty forgiving method. Obviously, consistent length cuts are better, but it's not hard to be consistent. Just don't cut your hand or ear.

I got so tired of being disappointed with haircuts that in college I started watching what the barber did closely. And it was common that friends cut each other's hair at college because, they didn't like the barber, and didn't want to pay a salon. If you're cutting your own hair, you need two mirrors, like in the corner of bathroom - two mirrors at a 90 degree angle. That's how you see the back of your head. If the one mirror is a medicine cabinet door mirror that swings out, that's the best setup because you can change the angle of that mirror door. Also.... clear everything off your bathroom counter and floor. I remove the throw rug. Have the vaccum ready for after the cut.

For anyone here that may consider cutting their own hair or someone elses in the near future. This girl hits all the method I use. You can see how to cut around sideburns and along the neck. I just don't use clippers.

If your hair is more like 💖Zion's💖💖🥰😋 and you want to do some fading on the sides with clippers. This video seems ok.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

HobbitGamer

NintendoByNature wrote:

@Heavyarms55 yea they're all closed over here. It's been too long since I've had one and I'm almost willing to Buzz it lol

Buzzed mine down on week 1.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Sounds like your phone has a good camera then. Mine does too, but several phones I had before it, and cameras I owned before that, struggled to focus on rainbows when I tried taking pictures, the bright sky would usually drown out the color from the rainbow.

@Tyranexx I sun sneeze with almost mechanical regularity. If I step outside on a sunny day, I sneeze, once, almost 100% of the time.

@ThanosReXXX Well messing up the paint a little is much easier to fix than pounding holes in my walls. I'm not honestly worried about it, but thanks for the advice!

ogo79

@Tyranexx
how ya been?
bathing in hand sanitizer i hope not.
let me know if you need any toilet paper.
i have enough to wrap everyones mansion in beverly hills.
but first, ill smear their unnecessarily large domains in hand sanitizer then wrap them in toilet paper.
gotta make sure it sticks good.
im workin with 6 ply tp over here

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

NintendoByNature

@WoomyNNYes I dont think I'm talented enough to cut my own hair, and my wife doesn't trust herself to cut mine. If i didn't have a job where i had to visit customers I would totally do a haircut that is just wild and out there like I did as a youngin. But at this point, I may be better off. 😋

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

I'm sometimes half tempted to cut my hair REALLY short just to not have to worry about combing it for a little while. Not quite down to 2007 Britney length though. XD

@ThanosReXXX Ugh, tough break there. I can't imagine going through what must've been years of trouble taking medications for one thing when it turned out to be another. I've read a few horror stories out there about misdiagnoses. I expect one to happen to me at some point if it hasn't already when I was too young to pay attention. I just hope it isn't anything major.

I don't know what it is that I'm allergic to exactly, I've just always assumed it was some type (or several types) of tree pollen. I also sometimes wonder if I don't have mild reactions to grass itself.

@Heavyarms55 Sun sneezes normally hit my sister almost instantly, though she'll also do it at windows or from inside a vehicle. Anywhere there's a sunbeam.

@ogo79 Doing great! You? Sounds like you're well equipped! I have my own ample supply of bathroom tissue and germicide compounds with which to torment the masses. They WILL be clean!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

They are FINALLY letting us work from home. And not making me use any of my personal time this time. And I was going to. As an assistant language teacher there's like nothing for me to do while all the students are at home. I think I was finally starting to annoy them with my constant "Is there anything I can do to help you?" requests. One of my coworkers finally just said "Joseph, there's nothing for any of us to do until the 27th! We get it!" lol

So at least for now, I only have 2 days of actually work between tomorrow and May 7th. (Part of that are the Golden Week holidays) Just gotta come in to help make more homework prints on the 27th and a meeting on the 30th. And yes, I know that makes no sense during a quarantine. We also all take our masks off at lunch time to eat - that also makes no sense.

@Tyranexx I occasionally get them indoors, near windows. It's not common but if the window is real clean and/or it's really bright outside.

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Took about five years for me to finally be done with it, and DEMAND that my doctor gave me a referral, and then they came to that conclusion, after having taken an X-ray of my noggin. The drilling definitely wasn't fun either. I was locally sedated, but it still hurt, and the hand-drill going through the septum felt, for lack of a better description, like glass breaking inside my head...

On a side note: forgot to add something to the previous comment. When I saw you mentioning teasing your sister about her allergy to sunlight, I immediately wondered if you also connected the dots towards a string of garlic and make a vampire joke out of it...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Depends on how bad the duct tape damage is. It could rip entire strips of paint from your wall, which is hardly comparable to a couple of small holes of less than 2 millimeters in diameter, which is all you'd need for these posters. But obviously, it's your apartment, so you should do what seems best to you.

BruceCM

I've had my own clippers for years, @WoomyNNYes .... I just shave the hair completely every few months & let it grow back! That's easy enough to do

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

WoomyNNYes

@BruceCM Yeah, it's nice not having to go somewhere and pay someone to cut your hair. I'm a scissors guy. I literally cut my hair like the top video, the cutting with scissors tutorial.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic