Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,801 to 41,820 of 96,507

gcunit

My kids are just playing the crap out of LEGO The Lord of the Rings through it all. They are loving it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Have your kids ever play LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER ?
They will love it.
Police theme, investigating the crime, open world, borrowing the vehicles, well... kinda obvious. Also, this LEGO is the only LEGO game i like due to Normal looking outfits from them (though there were some horrendous costumes for my taste) since i am not a fan of Western franchises such as Lord of the Rings, Marvel heroes, Harry Potter, etc.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@gcunit This reminds me of the time I've played LEGO Dimensions with my nephew a few years back, we both had a great time.

@Anti-Matter I don't own it, but my friend came over with a copy of the game last year, it was pretty fun. He moved away, when he visited we played a bunch of games together.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, now you know how I feel, having no assignments or contracts, sitting at home doing absolutely nothing. It's the new normal...

""weighing the pros and cons of heroin by day four"

Woah, that's quite a jump there, my friend. I know you are kidding, obviously, but there's a kernel of truth in every statement or thought, so at the very least you're pondering some drug. Could be alcohol, in which case, you're relatively safe, long as you don't overdo it. Then again: it's Saturday, and I'm busy finishing my snack plate and my third Bacardi & Coke, so what do I know?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Lucarianzx

@gcunit I LOVED THAT GAME AS A KID. I have it on PC and haven't played it for a few years. Really want it to be ported to Switch as it was my only memorable Lego game, but it probably won't happen due to licensing issues.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Ha! FINALLY something we can COMPLETELY agree on something. LEGO City Undercover is a FAN-TAS-TIC game. Great fun, engaging gameplay, great voice acting, very humorous, and pretty much a must have for people that like LEGO games or open world games.

But having said that, I must note that the Wii U version still beats any other version out there, though. The use of the GamePad on the Wii U version of the game is simply brilliant and any other version not having that extra feature is a big loss, far as I'm concerned.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I have three copies of LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER. 😉
Wii U version, Switch version, 3DS version and wanna add the PS4 version.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

Hey, people. In a little less than two hours, Lady Gaga and a lot of other artists along with several show hosts (Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert), are presenting a special two hour long "Together at Home" concert on various channels and streaming services. Even just watching will support the fight against Covid-19, so if you've nothing else to do, or if you're a fan of good music, then perhaps you should tune in. A lot of big names will be present, so it might just be worth the watch, regardless of the purpose of the event.

More info here: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/18/entertainment/one-world-tu...

@HobbitGamer Respond to my call to spread your wisdom in this thread, you did not, hm... ?
(and yes, this is my mediocre interpretation of Yoda)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Three copies, huh? Well, if that doesn't say "fan of the game" then I don't know what does...

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Oh yeah, I checked it out but then got busy haha. Trying to rig up a diy shade for my garden.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Now where did I leave that gem-encrusted glove?

not sure but i can tell you where you can put it

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX @HobbitGamer @bimmy-Lee it's decided. Tomorrow morning im making buiscuts and gravy. Not from scratch, but home made to an extent. Got Pillsbury biscuits, a few packets of peppered gravy mix to make, and ground breakfast sausage. I've been putting it off far too long and tomorrow is the big day. If I don't make it out of food coma by 11am central time, send help.

NintendoByNature

WoomyNNYes

Anti-Matter wrote:

@ThanosReXXX
I have three copies of LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER. 😉
Wii U version, Switch version, 3DS version and wanna add the PS4 version.

For $13 I had to by Lego City Undercover

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 Psst....
Untitled

@NintendoByNature Oh, great. So now I'm part of the biscuits & gravy society. I thought I actually unchecked the box that said "do you want to stay informed about our lovely hearty breakfast?"...

Hope you enjoy the food, buddy. Although I'm pretty sure you will.

@WoomyNNYes Of course you did. You keep telling yourself that, to justify having bought yet another game that you didn't REALLY need...

All kidding aside though, I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy it, so have fun with it. Let me know the verdict, once you've given it a good couple of hours.

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Thanks! It was a good break. I took Friday off and also managed to sneak outside for about an hour yesterday since the weather was decent. I played a little PoGo and took in some fresh air and sunshine.

...The only catch is that the air also came with a ton of pollen, so I'm a bit sneezy today.

@ThanosReXXX Some are definitely more bothered about the social aspects than I am; not that I'm not bothered at all, but I don't really need a ton of human contact to function. The Zoom meetings with coworkers are helping on the social front.

I have a friend who's also pretty empathic and is definitely affected by this more than I am. She isn't much of a crowd person either, but she likes hanging out with her small friend group. If she didn't have two pet rabbits at home, she'd probably go insane.

And thanks! I did enjoy it, though I've probably played more Fire Emblem the last couple of days than is healthy. It doesn't look like anything has blown up while I was gone.

@ogo79 Boexes are love. Boexes are life. 😘

My username is a blend of a Pokemon name and a Zelda boss. That wonderful Trinexx from A Link to the Past, to be exact.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

WoomyNNYes

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@WoomyNNYes Of course you did. You keep telling yourself that, to justify having bought yet another game that you didn't REALLY need...

All kidding aside though, I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy it, so have fun with it. Let me know the verdict, once you've given it a good couple of hours.

@ThanosRexxx Do you have & like LEGO City Undercover? Or any Lego games? I didn't really like Lego Marvel & Star Wars Force Awakens, when I played with my nieces. I know they are good games, though. The content is entertaining, but the level design rubs me the wrong way too often. I don't like the Lego Building fuction in the game. Stand on a bunch of lego parts, hit (A) for build, and something gets built so you can leave that room and onto the next part of the game.

Actually, I told my brother to get LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER for my nieces, because they like the Lego games, and I keep seeing people here saying they like it(Or maybe it's all @Anti-Matter haha), and it was $13 US. After my brother said my nieces liked it, I thought I'd get it for when my nieces visit. The single player game structure & open world GTA inspired mission seems appealing too.

So, I have played it for a couple hours. It doesn't annoy me as much Lego Marval & Force Awakens, it has charm, but I'm still in a curious phase. We'll see. I'll give you an update when I come to a more solid conclusion.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx You're welcome!
What's up with this whole boexes thing, though? I'll probably end up looking stupid having asked it, but I don't care: I just NEED to know...

@WoomyNNYes No rush, man. I'll see it whenever you manage to get to it. Did you get the Switch version, then? I'm assuming you did, but you can never be sure, obviously, and as previously mentioned, I'm heavily biased towards the Wii U version, even though loading times have improved considerably, on all the other versions.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic