Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,701 to 41,720 of 96,530

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX I’m actually not sure the quality of Snacher since I’ve never played it. I do generally like cyberpunk stuff, adventure/ visual novels, and Kojima games so that’s why I wanted to try it out. The reputation might have been inflated for years because it’s one of those mythical rare games that goes for thousands.

But the Monkey Island games by LucasArts and other cartoony PC adventures around that time are definitely the gold standard. It’s always a pleasure revisiting those (even if the puzzle solutions are really bizarre), because they don’t really make games like that anymore.

@bimmy-lee I agree with everything you said there. Its not backward looking, it’s more like an activity that puts you in a kind of comfort zone. If not a video game, then an album or a book.

There was that really theatrical era of pro wrestling in the 80s-90s. Was watching Undertaker and Paul Bearer videos a while back. Still really entertaining.

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision You missed a T in "SnaTcher"...

All kidding aside, Monkey Island definitely set the bar. Or raised it, to be more precise, seeing as previous LucasArts point & click games were also already quite brilliant. Have you also played the Simon the Sorceror games? If not, they're still VERY much worth playing, if you love the genre. On modern PC's, the best way to play them is through a nifty little program (or rather: platform) called ScummVM, which (if you didn't know already) is basically a continuation/evolution of the game engine that most LucasArts point & click games ran on, which has been adapted to run not just the LucasArts games, but pretty much any other classic point & click game you can think of.

It's freeware, so you can download and install it without any cost, and most games that use it are now available for free as well. If you'd rather play on the go, then there's mobile versions of ScummVM as well.

ScummVM homepage - https://www.scummvm.org/

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

reporterdavid

Have a blessed evening everyone. Still thinking about getting the Lego Mario set. Im 28... but... yeah..

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX haha you're beginning to learn my spending/gaming habits 😂😉..you saw what happened with amimal crossing. 1 day i decided it looked really neat, and a few days later, i grabbed it and sunk about 40 hours into my island in 2 weeks.

That's the thing about me, if I'm really interested in a game, I have a REALLY hard time saying, I'll grab it later. As far as Sor4 goes, it's not a question of if, but when ill he buying it. And with that thought process, why not go day 1..

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Well, ultimately, I suppose that it also depends on one's current budget, whether or not it's going to be a day 1. And for me, it's usually also a consideration of value for money, even if I do have the budget, because some games are SO short, that I don't want to pay anything more than 10 - 15 bucks for them, so anything above that, will be a no go for me, and I'll wait for a discount instead.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Monkey Island games are one of the best point-and-click adventures.

However if you want some horror/creepy point-and-click adventures with amazing atmosphere and story "Sanitarium" and "I have no Mouth and I must Cream".

Sanitarium's Longplay on YouTube in the World of Longplays channel is done by me! One of the most atmospheric games ever created in my opinion. A true 1999 classic!

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX makes sense. Considering animal crossing was the 1st $60 game(really $50 when I buy it at Wal-Mart) I've purchased since Pokemon sword in November, I don't feel as bad. Well see though i do plan on sending $40 on trials of mana in a couple weeks too.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

...Even when I'm working from home, Tuesdays drag and Mondays fly by. The work matrix is weird that way. I wanna red pill my way out of work this week.

@bimmy-lee I like that idea. It gives us more categories for punishment. And why limit it to just Macaulay Culkin films?

@reporterdavid I think many adults are kids at heart (points at self). No shame in collecting some good ol' LEGO sets!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

gcunit

@Zuljaras I'm jealous of your mini foursome. I have 3 of them, but not the PSX. Nice.

@ThanosReXXX I took interest in your TurboGrafx 16 mini post, but I've never come across a TurboGrafx 16 in the wild and so have no attachment to the system at all. I checked out the Top 50 video and quite quickly skipped to the Top 10 because I wasn't getting a strong vibe from what I was seeing. What 5 games would you hail if you had to sell me on the mini?

@NintendoByNature Will there be a physical release for SoR4?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoByNature

@gcunit yea I think it was limited run only tho so i passed it up. Didn't feel like dropping $40 when I just spent on A.C. and it was for preorder only I believe. So that time has passed for now from what i understand.

Edit: it looks like you can still order on limited run. I might do that.

Edit2: grabbed it while it's still available. $40 for the physical to ship to me.
@thanosrexxx oh boy were you right 😉

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - I do remember that show, but I don’t think it had a long run here. I think it came around when everyone was trying to get in on the TMNT craze. Have you seen Silverhawks? There’s another show by the same studio that I think you would like. It’s called The Littles. It has a great 80s intro song. I think there’s only one season, and it’s free on YT. Denver the Last Dinosaur has a bunch of episodes on YT too, and it has another good 80s intro song.

@NintendoByNature - I usually get stuff on sale, I just won a major waiting duel with FnR, but I’m tempted to pay up for some SOR action. It’s pretty terrible timing this month though, but like you said; it’s not if, but when. It’s probably the game I’m most anticipating this year as far as things I know are real and happening.

@NotTelevision - I was terrified of Taker when he first showed up. Yeah man, it’s a suuuuper comfortable comfort zone for me too. Even though the games and hardware have changed, it’s the same sort of feeling as always when I sink into a game. Are you ever on in the morning your time? I think we’re exactly 12 hours apart.

@Tyranexx - Got it, on to scenes from Hostel then. We’re really accelerating our search for the best punishment for the Girl Scout troll. This is the point where it turns dark, but I’m fine with it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea, it's definitely a top pick for me this year of most wanted. With that said, I ended up going for the physical on limited run just now. It's like $10 more, so I went for it.

NintendoByNature

gcunit

@NintendoByNature Nice one. I've just checked it out, and I'd probably have gone for it were it not for the $15 shipping to the UK, which is a bit OTT for me. US eBay sellers don't charge me that much, so I'm not sure why LRG has to 😔

I've just bought the Metro double pack though to satiate my lust for a new physical Switch game, for £30 - the price I was hoping it would drop to, so I'm feeling better already.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoByNature

@gcunit yea that is high. Mine was about 5 bucks. I've been eyeing metro myself too, just have some other games ahead of it for the time being.

Let me know how you like it.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Do we want to keep with a realistic theme for the Girl Scout troll? I have a couple of concepts and films in mind in that case. Hostel is a good one though.

@HobbitGamer I recently caved and bought Batman - The Telltale Series. I'm saving Enemy Within for another time. I'll let you know when I get around to playing it....Not sure when though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@Eel I'll try to visit in a few! I don't have many gifts now though. I have weeds. Like 700...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Haha, those edits are a fun read now, I can actually feel you getting nervous about limited quantity and pulling the trigger. Do you know when you’ll have a copy?

@Tyranexx - Certainly, lets keep with a realistic theme. I’m going to have to try and remember if there were any good hijinks in Troop Beverly Hills. I’m sure there are.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ogo79

@ThanosReXXX
ahahahaha

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic