Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,681 to 41,700 of 96,530

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras No, not really, otherwise I wouldn't have any PSX games on my modded Wii, now would I?
No, I just hate Sony as a company in general. It's a long story, but what it comes down to is that they've screwed me over with various appliances over a number of years. Three times to be exact, and in true Yankee fashion,
I stick to the "three strikes, you're out" rule, so far as I'm concerned, Sony can go die in a hole, and I'll never buy any of their appliances again.

They're still constantly reminding me of how I used to support them, though: I've got this Sony radio-alarm clock here from the late eighties/early nineties-something, that just... won't... die...

And I'm not that spiteful that I would destroy that, just because I don't support them as a consumer anymore, so I'll keep using it, in hopes that it'll die on me eventually...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

Hey, @antdickens, something weird is going on, on my end: whenever I want to reply to a person, and I click on the reply link, it takes me to https://www.nintendolife.com/# instead, so whatever's going on, for the time being,
I have to do replies manually, apparently...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras No, again: it's NOT about gaming, that's why I specifically stated that I hate them as a company in general. It's about a walkman, a VCR and about them shutting down an import site that I used to buy from. And for the former two, it's about them screwing me over with repairs.

@antdickens It's still happening, but only in the forums. I didn't test it in the articles comments sections before, so I don't know if that has changed or anything, so I only know about the forums specifically.

And it only happens with reply. When I "mouse over" on the word reply, it already shows the misdirect link.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Say...
Your hatred toward Sony was even more intense than mine when i was very salty with PS4. 😛
Now, i have embraced more Sony games from PS3 (The fastest Sony games i have collected since December 2019) and PSP (though i started to start the journey on 1 January 2020). And of course, my very strict rules still being applied on every games i bought. 😏

We got the result.
Me : Nintendo & Sony = Yay, Xbox = Nay
You : Nintendo & Xbox = Yay, Sony = Nay
I understand why we have different dislike.
I am from Indonesia, part of Asian country that grew up with Asian product including Sony.
You were from European country, familiar with Xbox brand and Western stuffs.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Sorry to hear that. I have no been screwed by them for now. I had to return my beautiful Spider-Man Limited edition PS4 Pro because it had a problem but they refunded me.

I am a little worried by their quality of hardware. Microsoft consoles are much better in build quality. And Series X look damn amazing!

Anti-Matter

I bought 4 games yesterday.
Take a look ! 😁

PS3
Untitled

PS2
Untitled

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter No, you don't understand at all, because it isn't about gaming consoles or about putting stupid restrictions on myself where games are concerned. As I clearly mentioned, it's about me hating Sony as a company IN GENERAL.

And it also has NOTHING to do with being Western or Asian, so that's a pretty dumb assumption as well.
(besides, many people over in Europe are Sony console fans, and most people I know that play games, own a PS4)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras It sure does, and it's already on my "to buy" list. I'm so glad that they're sticking to the whole backwards compatibility thing, it's just SO nice to be able to continue playing all your old games alongside the new ones.

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - SOR3 is good, but it just doesn’t compare to 2 in my opinion. That’s not really a slight though because SOR2 has become iconic within the genre. When we first saw images from SOR4 a year or two ago, I didn’t care for the art style, but it grew on me over time, and then I was completely sold when we first saw it in motion and it looked like it feels like SOR2 with modern juggling.

@ThanosReXXX - Thanks for the video, I’m definitely going to look into those things. I think my son would actually love it. It’ll go well with his angry Marshmallow Man and Stinky Cheese Man toys, and he loves to he scared. About a year ago, I was terrorizing him with an Animal (Muppets) toy. He was kiiind if scared of it, but also loved it; and I would hide it in his room all the time in out of the way places and he would scream/laugh whenever he would come across it. It eventually wore off, but we all loved it while it was a thing. He did too. I’m pretty sure.

@Tyranexx - Let’s not even limit troll punishment to just the Home Alone franchise and open it up to all McCauley Culkin movies and have the troll dropped off a rocky cliff by his own mom like in The Good Son.

@NotTelevision - Yeah, video games, music and old pro wrestling probably illicit the strongest nostalgic response for me of any type of art/media/experience. They can give me sudden, powerful memories of exact time and place in a way that other mediums don’t provide. I don’t understand the “overly nostalgic millennial” thing. People are either lying or they’re psychopaths if they claim to not feel nostalgic or sentimental at times, and there’s no measurable limit to how nostalgic someone can feel and still be functional.

I know a few people with addiction problems because they’ve become fixated on certain moments in their lives, but they’ve been traumatic moments; and I suppose any nostalgia associated with that trauma would be for a time that was “normal” and before the traumatic event. It seems like the fixation on the trauma and not the nostalgia for time before the trauma causes the need to dull the mind and try to forget or disassociate.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee You're welcome. I hope he won't use them to scare his siblings...

But erm... Stinky Cheese Man toys? Oh, man. Only in America...
I can already imagine the tune for the animation series tie-in:

Cheese Man, and the Masters of the dairy-verse...

P.S.

Unless I misunderstood your comment to NotTelevision completely, I don't think you qualify as a millennial, seeing as you're a thirty-something individual...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Haha, it’s from a whacky kid’s book from the 90s (I think), which seems to be just re tellings of old fairy tales. The Stinky Cheese man is just the story of the Gingerbread Man. It’s not a particularly great book, it’s for slightly older kids and has a bunch of 90s gross out humor, but he became obsessed with it at the book store because he liked the Stinky Cheese Man on the cover and somehow ended up with a Stinky Cheese man plush.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@antdickens Reply seems to work as normal again. I've literally got no idea what happened or what was going on. Mouse over on "reply" still displays "https://www.nintendolife.com/#" though, but if I click on it, the reply function does work as it should. However, if I right-click on reply, and open in a new tab, it does still go to the home page. Weird...

ThanosReXXX

@antdickens It used to work, though. I can also right-click any of the other links, or users, or articles.
I'm on Firefox Quantum 68.7.0 esr, by the way. I don't know if that matters any or not, but just in case.

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Speaking about 90's Cartoon, my memorable Cartoon was Biker Mice from Mars.
The six pack Anthro Mice with Harley Davidson motorbike (though i'm not fan of Harley motorbike, too wild) was something like a group of Rebel Heroes. It was cool and rebelious at the same time.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee ya for sure. I guess when you're trying to capture that 90s feel in a genre, that art style was probably better than going too realistic ya know. Something tells me as the day approaches I'll buy it day 1 anyway. Even though im trying to hold off

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature I think that by now it's pretty safe to say that you almost never manage to hold off, when it concerns games you've basically already put on your wanted list...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic