Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,661 to 41,680 of 96,481

Tyranexx

@Sunsy My local run tends to run about 6-8 at a time. It was a bit less a couple of years back as they were renovating some of the movie houses at the time. It paid off; those have recliner-like seating now. I try to get in one of those if I can. XD

There's still a single house theater that was renovated and is still operating not too far from where I grew up. The prices are pretty reasonable too.

@bimmy-lee I'd like to see a couple of paint cans in there. Just as long as the blowtorch to the head also makes it in.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

gcunit

@Anti-Matter It's been 2 years, I wanna see what happened to the little egg that's about to get dropped on šŸ˜‰

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

reporterdavid

@Sunsy Yeah, I was willing to start one , but none of them said "Nintendo in general".... it was all based on systems..

I love it when I have some kids. Its really fun, specially during these corona times.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee Carnevil was a good one too. Tough as heck though. Even more than House of the Dead.

Problem with the arcade cabinet, is that it will always seem like a ridiculous purchase for anyone you live with (unless you still room with your college roommates). To you itā€™s a fun toy and conversation piece, but anyone else will think youā€™re going through the gamer version of a mid-life crisis. But it would be a fun investment.

@NintendoByNature Thatā€™s great. Sounds like youā€™re in a good place. Have you decided on any particular vibe to your island? Like tropical resort, National Park, etc...

NotTelevision

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX Thatā€™s cool you have the Genesis Mini. Iā€™ve been coming around to the idea of getting one.

I was also looking into purchasing a Turbografx-16/PC Engine mini as long as the emulation is solid, since Iā€™m unfamiliar with pretty much every game on the system. Do you have any experience with that system?

NotTelevision

Eel

Aw yeah I can finally make roads in animal crossing.

Annoyingly enough, I should have unlocked this on Saturday, but the fishing tournament and bunny day both got in the way.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision ehh not teally. Im just loading up on housing and furniture(play items all over the island. I checked with Isabelle yesterday and she said I have 1 star lol. I haven't had the kk concert yet so maybe that'll help. I just assumed I have to load up on housing and all sorts of attractions. I have pools, play grounds, soon so be soccer fields. All sorts of play items on one side. Everything else will be trees, flowers and housing

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, I think thatā€™s a safe bet. Even if itā€™s not, it probably will be for SOR fans. I had my dates mixed up this morning. Itā€™s out 4/23, a week from this Thursday.

@ThanosReXXX - Those videos were funny. I think Iā€™ve seen most of the creepy bunnies, but the toy that makes a mean face is great. I would love to terrorize my kids with that. Scaring the crap out of your kids is one of the small rewards for all the hard work.

@Tyranexx - The blowtorch is in, as is the tarantula. So is walking barefoot on lightbulbs. The troll earned the deluxe revenge package.

@NotTelevision - Haha, itā€™s so true. Even before kids, it sounded insane every time I tried to talk to my wife about buying arcade cabinets. She was never really against the idea, but thereā€™s a tipping point somewhere in those conversations where I start to feel like a six year old asking mom for toys. CarnEvil was tough, but also weird and funny. We had to spam quarters to get to the end, but it was worth it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee ok cool , I heard i was going crazy. I thought it was next week but thought maybe something changed. I should at least beat SoR3 before I dive in. I beat 2 countless times but never 3.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision Well, if you have the means, and if they're still available, then I can highly recommend getting the Sega Genesis Mini. It's a wonderful little mini console, and the controllers are great too, as is the pack-in assortment of games, so you can hardly go wrong with it. Plus it's apparently just as easy to hack as the NES and SNES Mini, so you could always add more games if there are some others that you'd like to see on there.

As for the PC Engine/TurboGrafx console: no, I never owned one, but I have played quite a few of its games, mostly through emulation on my modded Wii, and I must say that it's sadly a highly overlooked console. I'd even go so far as to say that it's the Dreamcast of the 16 bit era. It's a 16 bit arcade gamer's machine, with many great conversions of arcade shooters, and a lot of cool exclusive games such as adventure games, platformers and RPG's.

And the mini version of it, like the Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini, has quite a lot of games on it straight out of the box, something that Nintendo didn't really nail with either of their Minis, but seeing as I hacked those anyway,
I don't mind all that much.

Anyway, I'd say it's definitely worth a purchase, and I myself am also getting one, so I'm going to expand upon my collection of minis. All I need now is to get my hands on a Neo Geo Mini. Besides currently not having the funds, I also wasn't able to secure one over here, so I have to find other ways of acquiring one.

To give you an idea of what's on offer on the console, here's a video, including the official commercial for the console's release, back in the day:
(DISCLAIMER: there are some duds in there, but most of the games are more than entertaining enough)

One game not shown is Dracula X, aka Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, which according to many, is THE best Castlevania game of the time, if not of all times. It isn't included in this video, because the video is only about cartridge games, and Dracula X is a CD game. It is included on the Turbografx-16 Mini, though, along with several other Turbografx CD based games, so for those titles alone, it's already worth it, in my opinion.

@bimmy-lee The evil unicorn is part of a collection, and they're called "Feisty Pets". Here's the official video from the creators. It's pretty funny, in my opinion:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

Edit: Page 2112, eh? I now dub this the Rush page.

@bimmy-lee And we haven't even made it to the antics in Home Alone 2 yet....I can still hear that tool chest....

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

Link-Hero wrote:

@ogo79
That is one ugly bunny costume.

whos to say its a costume

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - The scared kid pics slay me too. I just stared at that kidā€™s red, screaming face for five straight minutes. I think the thing that gets me the most is that you know thereā€™s an angry dad involved in those situations, just on the other side of the camera, saying things like, ā€œI paid good money for this picture, and heā€™s GONNA sit on the bunny lap come hell or high water.ā€ Itā€™s also funny to think about just how much that kid must believe the bunny is a demon to be able to make that kind of face.

lmao hell yeah

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 Haha, brilliant picture. I just love seeing stuff like that. Here's a couple more:

I also like these. Not Easter-related, obviously, but still...

im glad to see im not the only un normal person who enjoys these pics

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

HobbitGamer

I really like the ā€œterrified children on santaā€™s Lapā€ pictures, they crack me up.

My non-work time seemed to be consumed by almost-work tasks today;
My google mesh router and additional mesh point came in. It was surprisingly easy to set up and switch everything to. Cut the cable and finished setting up my Roku devices, too. I still have an old yet active Knology email account so I get a lot of channels live or demand on Roku. Started setting up motherā€™s google routines to help her out on her lower mood days, showed her how to use it all. Voice stuff works a lot better then menus with her memory. Iā€™m tuckered out.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX The 16-bit Dreamcast comparison is spot- on. Itā€™s cool they included those Japan only releases on there as well. Dracula X, those Zelda-like games, and the smumps look really colorful and fun. Playing Gradius, Lifeforce, and Ninja Gaiden without NES screenflicker will be great as well.

I guess the biggest disappointment is that the English version of Snacher isnā€™t on the console. But you can always mod it and add it that way, like you said.

NotTelevision

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee Haha. Thatā€™s a hilarious image. In some ways by saying that you acknowledge a similar thought I have, in whether or not I embody that stereotype of the ā€œoverly nostalgicā€ millennial. Is playing the NES the equivalent of my father getting out his set of lincoln logs? I donā€™t really think itā€™s the same, but Iā€™m sure a lot of people do.

The line between what is a grown up and kids activity has certainly been blurred a bit.

NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Sorry, Iā€™m getting my emails late for some reason. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m responding in three separate posts.

@NintendoByNature Hehe. I also got a dang 1- Star rating. Maybe AC is secretly being infiltrated by mad reviewers from Yelp.

As long as itā€™s 5-star in your heart.

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 Just keep that in mind, whenever you feel alone...
Here's a couple more, to keep you going:

@NotTelevision Personally, I never cared that much about Snatcher. I have played plenty of point and click adventures, but I never got the whole enthusiasm about this particular game. It's just a manga-inspired detective point & click. I'd rather play Simon the Sorceror, or any of the Monkey Island games.

But indeed, if you'd personally want that one, then you could just add the English version to the mini console yourself.

@Zuljaras Well, you've got one more than me. Of course, I already have the PSX games I want on my modded Wii, so I don't need the PSX Mini in my house, and it would kind of go against my own rules...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

reporterdavid

@Zuljaras Awesome!

@Anti-Matter Nice. I just prefer Animal Crossing because you don't have to send them to the toilet everytime (it is not possible either, but that's ok...)

Just saw a dutch commercial on tv because one of the films that I dubbed (The Pirates, Aardman - 2012) might be coming on national tv Love to do strange voices and get paid for it hahahaha.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic