Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,501 to 41,520 of 41,859

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter your president is dead and your talking about using a toilet......thats not very good thats what my teachers would say....

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

HobbitGamer

Ninfan wrote:

@Anti-Matter your president is dead and your talking about using a toilet......thats not very good thats what my teachers would say....

My teachers would say “read the statement again”....

@NintendoByNature Awesome! My friend in Indiana downloaded it yesterday, too. He’s gonna go at normal pace so his little girl can too.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

That's very impolite to say dead for very important peoples such as president, king, sultan, queen, etc.
Say passed away instead.
Btw, you didn't even read my whole post.
Read again to see what i have posted on previous page.

Oh, btw...
Untitled

There are many kind of toilets on Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS. 😁
Which one you like ?
Toilet or Super Toilet or Public Toilet or Portable Toilet ?
Oh... It has flushing sound effects as well. 😄

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I've heard FF 7 has some miles to it, though according to HLTB it's not the longest entry in the series. Looks like that honor may go to FF 12 if the two MMOs are ignored.

@Heavyarms55 I recall reading about the G-Max Pikachu and Eevee shortly before Sw/Sh launched. Nothing too crazy, but a perk is still a perk! Gigantamax looks pretty cool, though I'm afraid it's doomed to be another one and done gimmick.

If I recall, the control setup is just with one joy-con, correct? It seems odd yet intuitive for co-op play, but I'm surprised there aren't any other options. That's not a deal breaker for me, but it's certainly an odd design choice.

Funnily enough, Gens IV and V both rank highly for me as well. HG/SS are still my favorite set of games, and I hold all the other main series Pokemon games that graced the DS in high regard.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Link's Awakening (Switch), WarioWare Gold

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - That’s a cool Sega site, thanks. I missed it on the main page today. Yes, the Wii or really any VR are great for people watching in general, and if our alien overlords are watching that; it probably gives them a deep satisfaction that we’re still a long way off from discovering the Matrix.

@Tyranexx - Hopefully that was mold on the cucumbers and not Cucovid. Boom. I would eat an entire loaf of that homemade white bread. Find the recipe and make a couple loads, and I’ll trade you a sugar cream pie for one sometime.

@NintendoByNature @HobbitGamer - Those both earned an audible chuckle from me. Had kind of a whacky day and just starting in on the kitchen. I’ll be on later, but probably another 45 minutes to an hour. I’ll see what you two are up to if anything at that point.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I have no issue with the gimmicks being "one and done". I like the world building idea that different places have different battle styles and gimmicks. And frankly keeping them limits them from doing new things in the future. The simulator Pokemon Showdown has a custom ladder with the full national dex and all the gimmicks and it's absolute chaos. I really like this direction Pokemon is going because it feels like how card games have rotations. And there is no reason they cannot bring back any gimmick later on in a future game. Maybe in a few generations we go back to Kalos and megas come back or something. Or a new region that is closely related to Alola has its own Z-moves. Who knows?

Also yes, if I had to pick one set as my favorite Pokemon games, HGSS easily takes the win. Those games were as close to perfect as Pokemon ever got for me - but there were still a few details I'd like to change. If we ever get a second gen 2 remake, I'd like to see the new breeding and EV/IV training mechanics carried over and some level rebalancing in Kanto to make the post game more interesting.

I love gen 4 and 5 but my God, I could never go back to the old way of competitive Pokemon. I remember spending 2 days getting a Mamoswine with a perfect IV in attack alone and being proud of the accomplishment! Most people were happy just to have Pokemon with 2 perfect IVs! Something that would be laughably bad by today's standards. Sw/Sh improved that so very much! Competitive battling is almost the best it could be now. The only thing I think they really need to fix is to let people ditch that silly 20 minute time limit for single battles. It's perfect for VGC rules but way to short for 6v6 singles.

Also I really liked the Pokewalker from HGSS and I was bummed that the Pokeball+ from Let's Go was kind of a downgrade. I was very much that super nerd, walking around high school with the Pokewalker on my belt. And the walker was kind of Pokemon Go before Pokemon Go - it got me outside walking around when I almost never did before. I don't like cheesing systems like that by shaking the walker - or later the 3DS just to rack up steps.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Edelgard profile pic credit to: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Sounds like a deal! Thankfully I have plenty of great aunts and a grandmother I can consult...once we're out of pseudo-quarantine.

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 I wish some gimmicks would return. I like mega evolution and some of the alternative battle formats that have appeared over time. Others I'm fine with them being left alone. Z-moves for example didn't really do much for me. I also miss some of the non-Pokemon extras too, such as secret bases and the movie studio near Virbank City in BW2.

I do get what you're saying about keeping all of the gimmicks being a bit much. I'm fine with them experimenting with new things, I just wish they'd keep around some of the better received ones.

HG/SS are near-perfect games in my eyes, but I do agree that there were a couple of small issues. Empty Kanto was a bit of a carryover from the original games I loved, but I feel like they could have went a bit further with the adjustments there. I can't say much on the breeding perfect Pokemon situation though; I didn't really have a way to easily get anywhere to play competitively back then and didn't have the patience for competitive play and breeding. Now it's a question of time and patience. XD I have noted people in my local PoGo group and elsewhere aboslutely loving how easy it is to build a good team in Gen VIII.

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Well that's kind of what I am saying, there is nothing stopping GF from bringing back any gimmick at any point. For all we know, some of those features will be in the DLC for these games even. I loved the secret bases feature in ORAS for example and that would be a great addition to the wild area. And the Pokemon World Tournament in BW2 was super cool! They could do something like that again as well. And honestly I really do think they will. Unless @NEStalgia is right and we're on the verge of a new dark age. But that's beside the point.

And I do agree HG/SS were nearly perfect - but there were still some tweaks to be made. I played Pokemon Liquid Crystal, a fan remake of Crystal built on the GBA engine that was absolutely amazing! But it wasn't a 1:1 remake, they added additional rivals, a lot more exploring and a lot more content pre-and post E4. Though they never did - at least in the build I found a couple years ago, finish all the late game content they had planned. And it didn't feel like clutter it felt like Kanto was part 2, rather than the post game, which I liked and would love in another official revisit to those games potentially in the future.

NintendoByNature

@hobbitgamer @bimmy-lee I'm ready when you are. Just hop on and I'll join.

Arena created.

Edit: hopped off guys. I know you're both busy with a.c. maybe this weekend or next week. Its a shame too, i had a real good arena name picked out. I guess youll never know now lol. Ill probabaly play some ff7 or Owlboy later tonight.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-5367-2536-4308

Grumblevolcano

@Heavyarms55 I agree that the announcement of the expansion pass adds a lot of extra potential to Sword/Shield and I prefer that approach to 3rd versions.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea i checked hltb as well. I can manage 30-35 hours. And 5 hours in I actually love it. You can do x3 speed thru dialogue to speed things up which is nice. You should check it out. It's really good so far

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Speeding through stuff is a real game changer with FF. I remember 7 took me probably 70-80 hours on the PS. A lot of time doing your typical leveling up through battles.

The story is good in the game, so don’t skip that part.

NotTelevision

Ninfan

I did not mean something bad saying dead, I mean you can say dead if it's in the correct tone of voice. ca'nt I.

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision it's super fun and the story is entertaining. Ive only been speeding stuff thru text (but still reading it) and walking around to make it go a little faster. I'm so happy I actually gave it a shot considering I never played a ff7 game And typically don't played turn based rpgs. But with all the ff7 remake talk, i wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

I did not mean something bad saying dead, I mean you can say dead if it's in the correct tone of voice. ca'nt I.

LOL 🤣🤣🤣
Open your English book and study the other words you haven't knew yet.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Ah, that's a good point: the DLC! I'm interested to see what all fully comes from that. TBH I prefer that approach over them releasing a third or enhanced version or two. You don't even need to start a new game file to jump in. It'll be a ways off before I get it, but I'm sure I'll end up with the DLC at some point...and this is from someone who normally doesn't bother with add-on content outside of free downloads. I have mixed feelings when it comes to most DLC, but that depends on the game and the content on offer.

I've heard of Liquid Crystal; it's one of the Pokemon ROMs I'd like to play whenever my backlog becomes less robust. Along with others like Prism and Vietnamese Crystal.

@NintendoByNature That one is definitely on my radar - as is half the main FF series at this point - but I've decided I'm gonna hold off just a bit longer on VII and IX for this round. They go on discount every so often, plus I have a few FFs already weeping in the wings. XD

I still haven't decided whether I want to start with VI on the SNES Classic or X/X-2 on the Switch....

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx VI is on snes classic? I guess i never noticed. I will definitely check that out after I beat 7. Thanks for letting me know. 😊

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx @Grumblevolcano I prefer the DLC route to the 3rd version route by far. I was honestly quite annoyed with the Ultra games because even though I liked the new content overall it amounted to only a very small portion of the game and the rest was the same content again. Such a practice was understandable on Game Boy and DS because DLC wasn't possible but other games on 3DS had DLC just fine.

From the looks of it, this might be how Pokemon moves forward. Instead of yearly releases, we'll get a game one year and DLC the next year. Which sounds good to me. So long as the DLC remains content heavy like we've seen so far and like other Nintendo DLC has been in games like Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, BOTW and Splatoon 2. If they open the toxic rabbit hole of micro-transactions, that's where I draw the line. I'm not paying a dollar for a move tutor move, 2 dollars for a legendary encounter, etc etc...

Also, I've heard Prisim is more of a ground up fan game than a rom hack. But I could be wrong.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic