Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,481 to 41,500 of 96,481

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - I like it. So you’ll have to fight your way through the 19 virus bosses before you can have your fight with Queen Covidia, but she doesn’t realize you pick up immunities with every victory over her underlings, so by the time you fight her; you’re basically an immune super hero.

@HobbitGamer - The wrestling stuff you’ve sent me in AC makes my day. The figure is in our most prominent spot of glory, right outside the door, and I’m dying to find the recipe to make three more ring corners for a full ring! I’m gonna challenge Tom Nook to a double or nothin match.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
The Mighty Medicine must fight with 18 viruses bosses before facing the final Boss Queen Covidia as the 19th Boss.
Ah, yes... As they fight with every Virus bosses, they got upgraded power significantly. They built immunity power to match with Queen Covidia power.
The upgrade power will change their looking and color schemes, you know... like Kamen Rider. 😁

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@bimmy-lee Sounds nice, my two friends and I have been video chatting because of this situation too. I'm even watching TV shows with one of them via voice chatting. We sync up the show on Netflix by starting it the same time and watch together. Worked pretty well.

@Anti-Matter You're welcome.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Vinny

Untitled

Great starter for a "games no one knows exist" conversation, lol.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Please type with clear sentences.
Your typing still have some typos.
Btw, that's my drawing.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

So there are people who seem extremely uncomfortable with the whole "stay at home" aspect of the current events. And there are aspects I totally understand - such as the extreme difficulty of having a paying job while not leaving your home.

But I can't lie, I'm the kind of person who, if I had the money, would happily stay home and stay in-doors for weeks at a time. Leaving only to get needed food or other necessities.

I am immensely grateful and glad I have a paying job right now. But right now my job is to sit in the staff room and twiddle my thumbs because a teacher with no students has no purpose and I'm seriously about to just burn through my remaining vacation days so I can just stay home myself too, and then at least sleep when I want to sleep, and spend my time playing games, instead of going stir crazy in this office and annoying everyone on this site.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

Nasty, nasty weather right now. Until about half an hour ago, it was pretty decent outdoors. Now it's storming heavily. I had to shut my windows when it was about here as the wind gusts really picked up. The forecast models made it look like it wouldn't hit here very hard, but looking outside confirms that those predictions were false.

@ThanosReXXX I wasn't completely serious about actually sending the chili. I don't think it would make it through customs or much of anywhere at a decent speed at this time. XD

I'll take a recipe, though. I usually stick with Aldi but do rarely pick up food at Walmart if the former doesn't have something I need for a recipe.

@Sunsy Which friend did it crash for? The one with the Switch or Xbox? I'm curious of it's an issue with just the Switch version or the game being flaky in general.

@bimmy-lee I've had to temper my own impulsiveness to browse the internet on and off over time. Some of it is fine, but occasionally it becomes almost constant. It's a problem I have whenever I have something spinning around in my head and have to get info on it. It's annoying.

Anti sounds like the Goku of that particular head canon. I'm definitely all for that!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I miss playing DDR Arcade.
I didn't play DDR Arcade for 1 month due to COVID-19 pandemic.
I have DDR PS2 and PS1 to play at home but without Metal DDR pad it feels not a real experience to play DDR.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 I'm similar in some ways. I like getting out of the house on occasion for some fresh air and exercise, but I feel no need to be around people or going places constantly. I'm perfectly happy staying home for days at a time and/or avoiding human contact.

I realize everyone is different, but I'd love to be home on paid furlough right now like some of my coworkers. I'm grateful that I still have a paying job in this weird situation and am capable working from home. I can't help but scratch my head at the people who are "bored" stuck in their homes; I have enough things around my house that I both want and need to do that would keep me busy for ages.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

kkslider5552000

Vinny wrote:

Untitled

Great starter for a "games no one knows exist" conversation, lol.

PSP has got to be the most popular gaming system where so few people actually seem to care about is library. The most I ever hear about PSP games is when people discuss popular games that just happened to get a good port or remake on it. Both at the time and now.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I don't hate the outdoors or travelling - I just don't feel like I really need it. Sure I miss going to the pub, getting a pint of cider, and some fish and chips (yes, even in Japan that's a thing) but I can just as well live without it. And for fresh air, all I have to do is open my door.

I have a backlog of games a mile long, "endless" games like Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Cities Skylines, and several others that I can play indefinitely. I have backlogs for anime and TV too that I could get around to. My apartment always needs cleaning in some form. I could always study kanji - something I honestly badly need to do. So long as I have food and can pay my bills, I have more than enough to stay busy and entertained at home for months if it were needed.

@Anti-Matter Could you get something like, maybe a heavy chair or something, to use like the bar?

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I have only Plastic DDR pad.
It so slippery to play very hard DDR songs such as MAX. (period) in 300 - 600 BPM, PARANOiA Survivor MAX in 290 BPM, Fascination MAXX in 400 BPM, etc.
Even i use chair as the bar grip, the pad itself is really a big mess.
I saw from Youtube some peoples have Metal DDR pad to play DDR at home. 😣

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Perhaps you could buy one of those online? Probably expensive but for someone who loves the game as much as you seem to, it's probably worth it.

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Backlog is the main reason why I haven't hopped on the Animal Crossing train, plus I know I'll be obsessed with doing all the things once I really get hooked. That's not to say I won't ever get ACNH, but I've made the judicial decision to wait on that one for now. XD But yes, both my gaming backlog and booklog can keep me busy for ages. And that's not including all the DVDs I own but have never really watched....

But yes, I can do without a lot of those things. One benefit to the area I live in though is that I can get outside without being near other people for at least a little while here and there. Other than that and necessary food runs, I've mostly been sticking around my house.

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Switch. Usually Paladins plays fine on Switch, but once in a blue moon it will crash. I just played again for an hour or so, and had no crashes.

@Vinny Never owned a PSP, but I never did hear about this one when it came to looking up PSP games. For "games no one knows exist," I love Twinkle Star Sprites. A cute 'em up for the Neo-Geo, I played the PC version and the one on Switch. It looks cute, but it's a really fun shmup with a vs. element that's similar to a puzzle game.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I’m stuck, by powers beyond my control, setting up a printer so that it can be used for important printing of paperwork in the morning. That peach will be rotten before I get there at the rate I’m going here.

@Anti-Matter - I love it. You’re the hero we need right now.

@Sunsy - That sounds fun. I’ve been in better contact with friends and family for the last month, all while not actually being in their presence. I wouldn’t have celebrated my friends 40th bday with him if we weren’t all locked up at home and hanging out via Zoom. Apparently it syncs with YT, so we’re all going to talk over Encino Man, which the host will rent. It’s probably the first time in years that someone will pay money to see Encino Man.

@Tyranexx - I know, I’m the same way. I spent a month glued to the news fishing for some kind of angle to work, or nugget to exploit concerning all manner of my family’s current and future safety, and last weekend I realized I had to give up the obsession. I have no hand to play. No control outside of our immediate actions.We just have to hide and hope. I realized this while barely watching Red Dawn late last Saturday night when I was jealous that Patrick Swayze could just punch his way out of his Russian Cuban paramilitary crisis.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee haha no worries. I'M OFFLINE!! but for real. It's ok I have a few trees growing anyway so there's plenty more. . Do you know if I can send you fruit as a gift

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic