Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 40,241 to 40,260 of 96,476

Zuljaras

@NintendoByNature Yeah I get it. But is there a difference in "Your games are terrible" and "You like terrible games".

Yes one it remark towards the games and the other is towards the person but the delivery does not change much

NintendoByNature

@Zuljaras fair enough. I guess my point is that it's the chit chat thread, and it's usually a nice relaxing place for us all to chatter. I hope to keep it that way and not like some of those recent dumpster fire articles šŸ˜‰

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Agree with you there, man.

Btw did you ever complete Skyward Sword? I went a bit crazy last year and played/ replayed 9 Zelda games and want to make a point to play that one in 2020. Iā€™ll wait to get back to the States and pick up a Wii (or an eventual Switch release šŸ˜›), but I was just curious your thoughts on it. I heard some of the dungeons are cool.

NotTelevision

Zuljaras

Anyone here care to share if they imported consoles from the USA to Europe?

I really want to get a New Nintendo 3DS USA version but I just don't know where to look. Is Ebay the only reliable place? In Play-Asia there are no console from that region anymore only Japanese

Or the NEW 2DS XL Minecraft version (USA) it looks cool and it could play the Minecraft cartridge.

NotTelevision

@Zuljaras Iā€™m not sure about that.

Just curious though, why would you want to buy a US 3DS if the games are region locked? Wouldnā€™t that make it inconvenient to buy games readily available in your part of the world?

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

I was able to get out to a small gathering last night for some much needed adult time, and one of my friendā€™s kids showed me a way to access the Switchā€™s web browser without a hack. I guess thereā€™s a secondary DNS string floating around the internet that will give you access. It was an odd looking browser. Iā€™m not even sure how legit it is, but he was definitely using his Switch to browse the Internet.

@NintendoByNature - Smash sounds fun, but Iā€™m not sure I can go tonight. If you guys set it up, let me know, and Iā€™ll join if I can. I havenā€™t Smashed since last summer, but I have a feeling my left joy con is going to make it difficult. I think Iā€™m picking up a second set tomorrow so I can send the left in for repair, and then I should be in good shape.

@ThanosReXXX - Ha, yes, 10 very small TVs. Half of them were 13ā€ or smaller. The biggest is 27ā€. I had a couple small CRTVs I drug around for years, and somehow ran into a plethora of them when we settled back in our hometown that were either free or ridiculously cheap. I started hoarding them, yet didnā€™t even use most of them. I just wrapped them loosely in plastic, and set them on a pallet in the crawlspace. This was pre kids when the basement game room/barcade was a much more realistic endeavor.

Iā€™ve heard a couple interviews with Judd Apatow, and he once said that some of the wild stories in his movies are versions of real life incidents, but told in the kind of exaggerated way that one would recount to a friend who wasnā€™t there at the time of the incident.

Thatā€™s interesting about your service time, is a length of service in the Dutch army a mandatory duty for all citizens?

@Tyranexx - Yeah, Iā€™m good for an hour sitting, and then I have to move. I hear you about wanting a break, but not wanting to break your concentration. When I was in digital publishing, I could be knee deep marking up a document and not even want to stop for a restroom break until I finished a certain string.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision dude I really need to get back into it. Only played about 10 hours in. That's the problem i face with tv only gaming. I never get a good amount of tv time to finish games. I will eventually go back and finish it along with other m

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee glad you got some free time. And no worries whenever youre free. I haven't played since fall, so we can both get stomped šŸ˜‚

NintendoByNature

Zuljaras

@NotTelevision I just want to be able to play US games. Especially Minecraft which is only Physical in USA.

Anyone here know if unlocking your 3DS works for cartridges as well? By unlocking I mean removing the region lock by hack

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Thatā€™s alright, man. I feel you on sometimes not getting enough TV time to yourself.

I imagine your kid hearing a noise at 2 in the morning and seeing you in the living room waving the Wiimote everywhere šŸ˜‚. Sneaking in a game during the Wii-hours šŸ¤«.

NotTelevision

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, i'm looking for New 3DS XL / New 2DS XL Europe or Australia version to play Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers since i already got the physical copy of Europe version. I have only one option in my country Indonesia: New 2DS XL Australia White Orange. To think about New 2DS XL, it will lack of 3D slider but at the same time i still want to use the 3D effect even just for several seconds. But if New 2DS XL Australia is the only option to play the Europe 3DS games, i will try to get it.

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Yep, Hobbit can beat us both up. Maybe we can find a fourth Chit Chatter who can join in. Four player was a lot of fun. I played RR a couple times one on one, and he crushed all of my regulars while still managing to do tons of planks and pushups as the Trainer. They were memorable displays of skill, and he was still just messing around.

@NotTelevision - Iā€™ll chime in on SS just because I think itā€™s kind of an underrated LOZ title by virtue of being widely considered a bit of bum entry. Iā€™m not a fan of motion controls in games like that, and would have much preferred to play it with the Wii pro controller; but itā€™s a Zelda game. A weird one too. There are some annoying sections, which is a LOZ staple, but the dungeons are mostly cool, and thereā€™s some interesting sub weapons and items. I enjoyed it, but itā€™s not a ground breaking entry like OOT or BOTW.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

1UP_MARIO

NotTelevision wrote:

I imagine your kid hearing a noise at 2 in the morning and seeing you in the living room waving the Wiimote everywhere šŸ˜‚. Sneaking in a game during the Wii-hours šŸ¤«.

This is me

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic