Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 40,201 to 40,220 of 96,490

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Yup, on the main TV, I've got them all hooked up to one HDMI switch, so they're all bundled together on one channel called "HD Gaming", except for the Wii (obviously), which has it's own component cable connection.

@Anti-Matter "Oh, look! Hannah Montana"

No, thanks. And why do you keep posting pictures of your little sister's game room?

@bimmy-lee That sounds nice. I think the whole bunking together thing also more easily cements longtime friendships, provided you're paired with a likeable person, obviously. Otherwise, college would more than likely be hell instead of a hell of a time...

As for me, I haven't got a single friend left from my school days. All my current friends are either former colleagues or people that I've met while going out in the weekends, so no school reunions or reminiscing for me. And that's exactly the thing I was talking about earlier. I'm at peace with how my life went in some respects, but on the other hand there's still that "what if" factor, so I'll probably always keep wondering about certain things and events, college being one of them. Well, on the bright side, at least I never ran the risk of getting shot...

@Tyranexx You have a GAMING chair?
Haha, I can just imagine you having to sit on a wooden chair before that. I think that an hour might probably also be my limit, so I can definitely understand wanting to remedy that.

As for the echo chambers: that's exactly the reason why I steer clear of them nowadays. A couple of months ago, I already made the mistake once to try and say something sensible in a Pokémon Sw/Sh comments section, but I think you can already vividly imagine how that went down, so no more of that for this guy...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
That was my games shelf. 😀
Mixture of Boy and Girly stuffs there.

Boy stuffs = My Chibi Boxers, my Kickboxing games, Ratchet & Clank games, Metroid Prime Federation Force, Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers, etc.
I have Real Boxing gloves next to my games shelf. 🥊

Girly stuffs = Cooking Mama games, Fashion games, Casual games with Girls characters, Pets games, Rhythm games, My Pink White 3DS XL, Pink NDS lite, my Amiibo, etc.

I will add Hannah Montana the Movie PS3 to pair with the PSP version. 😉
You will see more Girly stuffs fulfilling my games shelf.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Oh, say hi to my dolls and boxing gloves.😀
Untitled

It's quite messy, eh... 😅

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX watched the majority of the vids last night. I May check some of them out. But, i still need to get the essentials( galaxy 1 and 2, Kirby return to dreamland, prime trilogy if it's not ported to switch among some others). Still want to grab some more Wii u titles too as well as gc and n64 games. Theres a LOT I want to do but not enough money to do it all. Especially with the continual purchase of a switch game.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter Luigi looks like he’s seen the business end of those gloves.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Zuljaras

So here is my progress on the Cyclops Blacksmith Master.

I had to look at photos of muscular men. I felt like Anti-Matter at home at night

Untitled

This is his second bake. Next stop his arms and neck.

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Pfff....
I'd rather not.

#fliesoverhead

@NintendoByNature Yeah, sounds like a plan. Hidden gems aren't always essentials, but they ARE worthwhile purchases for whenever you get around to it. The first game in the first video for example, is also one of my personal recommendations. It's a really great 3D puzzle platformer, with a highly unique twist that can't be found on any other platform or console, which pretty much makes it a must buy in my book. Unless of course if the type of game doesn't appeal to someone, in which case I can understand people skipping it.

As for having the budget: well, as also mentioned in the videos, most of these games can be found for a couple of bucks per title, maybe 15 at most, so even with the regular Switch purchases, it should be relatively easy to also buy one or two Wii games a month. Just check out your local game shop(s) or that site I pointed out to you a while back. They also have hundreds of Wii games below 10 bucks, so you've got plenty of options.

Oh, and definitely get Excite Truck and Excite Bots, if you haven't got these on your list already.

If you're wondering about which Wii U titles to get, besides the ones you probably already have in mind, then there's a couple of Wii U videos by MetalJesus as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMFljK0I37w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDaYYQbUzAU
(I'm almost sorry to add even more to your watch list, but they're definitely worth a watch)

EDIT:
Aaaannndd... I've found another Wii hidden gems video, done by a friend of MetalJesus, in response to his Hidden Gems videos, in which a couple of games are mentioned that he feels that MetalJesus missed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naKDljyn8AQ

@Zuljaras Ah... you beat me to it. I was already planning to ask you how the Cyclops was coming along. Looks pretty good again. Can't wait to see the finished version, but do take your time. I think I can muster the patience to wait for it...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

WoomyNNYes

@Zuljaras Regarding muscular references for art, if you want less weird searches, you can search college, art anatomy, sculpting, comics. In case searching "i like big _______s" gets old haha I'm making a joke & actually trying to help. Forgive my joking

I've got to go back to searching, "i like big _______s" now

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX sounds good. I'll check it out too. There's a really nice resale shop for games and music by my house with tons of Wii/u gc ds genesis 64 and others. That's where im mostly doing my collecting these days. Super cheap and the sleection is the best I've seen in store

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Ha, my son chose Blanka immediately and had little interest in anyone else. I can’t blame him though, electric green man monsters are always cool. He did try Vega and Zangief. My daughter started with Chun Li, but she couldn’t time her jumpkicks to get inside of the non stop medium kick. I’m telling you, eight matches felt like two hours watching SFII played this way. I eventually got her to try a couple players with range, and now she likes Dhalsim. They both asked to play today, so it definitely left an impression.

@HobbitGamer - All my retro stuff has been boxed up and stored for over a year now. It’s all my original stuff, so I’m not getting rid of it, but I am whittling down all the ancillary stuff that goes with it, mainly CRTVs, duplicate anything, boxes of Nintendo Power mags, and other general gaming related crap I’ve been hauling and storing for way too long. It feel pretty good to be done with some of it.

@Tyranexx - It’s hard to beat a good desk chair, especially if you have to spend a good amount of time in it. Sounds like you’re home office had gotten a nice upgrade, especially if it allows for you to occasionally work from home.

I try to stand at the office as much as possible. Always been that way. I can stand in one place longer than I can sit. That’s how I played games as a kid, just standing there about two feet away from a 13” television trying not to rage curse while playing Punch Out. I do sit down to play now of course. I started out playing 90% of the time docked, but I play more in handheld now.

@ThanosReXXX - My first year there was the only year I spent in a giant dormitory full of tiny rooms and a thousand other kids. It was a really fun year though, and I met all of the friends I still see there in the dorms. We only meet up once a year now, though a few members of the group see each other a little more often. It was a mostly fun experience, but it seems like a really long time ago now. Out of the hundreds of people I met in classes and in social settings during that time, I only keep up with a very small number of them. The friends I see most often now are people I’ve met post college, just like you, with the exception of one friend who goes all the way back to grade school.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee that's good to hear. Glad they're enjoying it. It was never a fair fight on U SF II for my kids. Back when i got it thats all they played but my oldest smoked my daughter too much. Had to move them onto Mario kart and do team matches to avoid the screaming at each other lol. Street fighter II on genesis was my favorite fighting game above MK. I wasn't into the gore in my yout

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Well, one thing actual shops have as an advantage, is that you can check the boxes and the discs of games, although over the years, I've also come to rely on a number of online shops, who've already proven time and again that they too can deliver quality and a more than decent guarantee in case of a mishap.

@bimmy-lee It just dawned on me, or rather: it kind of feels like stating the obvious, that screw ball comedies and college games will more than likely offer a rather skewed and/or grotesque image of how college actually is, and even in series that were supposed to be serious, such as BH90210 and The O.C., the whole college theme was probably also over-exaggerated, so perhaps they're not such a good way for me to catch up on or imagine about what I've missed by living in Europe.

On a side note: you're selling/getting rid of game magazines and CRT screens? Are you CRAZY?
There's entire populations looking for those screens, and those magazines are pure youthful game sentiment. And how else are you supposed to remember those cheat codes? (without asking the internet)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I was closer to early edgy teen years and had a loooong run with MK 1-3 in the arcade and on the Genesis. I had my fill after three though and mostly moved on. SFII is much deeper in my opinion, and someone just a skill level above someone else can destroy the weaker fighter almost every time. I have a feeling Reader Rugfish would destroy all of us in that game. He used to just mess around and handily beat me in Smash, and he had a bunch of hours in the SF Collection before he went offline.

@Anti-Matter - Whoa, just saw your Atlantic Starr post. That’s a great song. I really like Secret Lovers. I’m not sure if we’ve ever played that song, but I may have to put it on tonight after the kids are in bed!

@ThanosReXXX - I look at the comedies as sort of like urban legends. What’s being portrayed might be over the top, but there’s a kernel of truth in there somewhere. I never knew anyone who made sweet love to a pie, but I’ve known some people who have admitted to similar offenses. Being a blue collar midwestern fella, I can’t relate to the sun soaked Cali stuff, it seemed like the distant dream of a foreign land when I was younger.

I know, I know, I feel weird moving on from some of this stuff, but there’s only so many times I can go into the crawlspace and rearrange this stuff so that I can fit more in there. I’m keeping everything with sentimental value, and the consoles and games aren’t going anywhere, but I had 10 CRTVs down there at one point; and that’s completely nuts. Some of them weren’t even that nice. I’m just whittling down to what I need while sharing some of the hoard with others who might use it instead of me having a third backup 13” TV.

I’m keeping some of the magazines, and I’m going to frame my OOT centerfold map and put it in my son’s room. I just need to put some of this stuff back into circulation.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX for sure. And this particular one im talking about, have cases in great shape, the cover art, and manuals at least 50% of the time. So thats a win win. @bimmy-lee yea he was a fighting king. Hobbit holds his own too. That reminds me, we really need to play smash again, it's been too long.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Ten CRTVs? TEN? What the heck do you need 10 TVs for? Did you even have that many rooms to put them in, or is it simply a case of never having gotten rid of any of the previous models?

Either way, now it makes much more sense to me that you'd want to get rid of them. You see now why online communication needs context and clarity? With only part of the message, people will start filling in any gaps with their own assumptions, and misunderstandings run amok... (even though in this particular case, I was obviously reacting to a part of your previous comment that wasn't actually directed at me)

As for the college thing: that's why I said over-exaggerated. There'll obviously always be some truth to it, but I'm not expecting college life to be exactly like what happened in those movies (and don't get me started on the game we discussed earlier: that one more or less amounts to pure college heaven), but I'm sure that the makers of those movies have delved into sources and urban legends of all kinds of colleges around the States, or maybe even from their own experiences, to make an enlarged version of them.

I think that the closest that I've ever gotten to the college experience is when I was serving my time in the Dutch army at 18 and 19 years of age. Except that was with 12 people in a room, instead of just 2...

But we did have a lot of fun and many a prank was played, and not all of them without serious consequences...

@NintendoByNature Yeah, it's always good to have these kinds of places to go to. I do buy some of my games online, as previously mentioned, but for consoles and such, I'd still rather go to an actual shop. Over the last years, I've bought my three mini consoles (NES, SNES & Genesis) and my Nintendo Switch at my own local game shop.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX for sure. I'm still eyeing the genesis mini myself. I have most of the games on the system from what I recall though.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic