Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 40,101 to 40,120 of 96,524

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature It's been exhausting. My fingers cramp, I hardly move, and my breathing slows. It's definitely a fun one.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision I actually meant the original Forza, on the first Xbox. If you look at that now, it doesn't even look all that much worse than the second game, all things considered. Sure, the environments look less detailed, but the cars themselves look pretty good, and they also already had the handling down pretty well.

I know that Forza 2 is basically just a minor upgrade, or actually just Forza 1 on the Xbox 360 with added content and upgraded textures, but still.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

Apparently there's a French YouTuber who thought it would super cool to fill his bathtub with thousands of those orbeez thingies.

It was a cool easy video, and when he was done he could just let them go down the drain, simple.

Well, no, soon they started popping up in his toilet and sink. Eventually his toilet was all orbeez, and his bathtub wasn't even done draining them.

Turns out they still had a lot of room for more water in them, way more than what the bathtub could provide. Eventually his entire neighborhood, maybe the whole city, was going through orbeez apocalypse.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX Ohh I see. You were referring to games that were made on the cusp of the SD to HD transition. That does look really good for a game from 2005. I’m impressed.

You also mentioned Rogue Squadron, which still looks brilliant. I think they still are the most accurate representation of the look of the original films in a video game. Look great in SD or HD even now I think.

Despite those sections in Rogue Squadron III when you are out the cockpit running around mashing the shoot button, those games have held up really well. Gameplay and graphics wise.

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision Yeah, the running sections weren't all that great, so completely agreed there.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer scared the crud outta me a few times. You walk into a sector with no one behind you. All of sudden there's like 5 demons surrounding you and shooting fireballs at you. Definitely not one for nervous folk lol

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - You’re so right about all those crappy ports in the bathroom. Avoid. You’ve taught me a valuable lesson though. A kitchen doesn’t really compete with a porch. You don’t go to the porch to look for a snack, and you don’t go to the kitchen when you wanna sit in a rocking chair and whittle. Each space fulfills it’s own purpose, but only it’s own purpose.

@Eel - I read the Secret Garden to my daughter all the time. We both wish we had one. Probably for the best that you don’t put a face to the cloven hooves and horns haunting the secret rooms at your uncle’s house in your dreams. I never saw the faces of the old people who lived in the room behind the steps in the basement. I had multiple dreams of finding a window into their living room down there. They had nice, plush carpet and fancy brass lamps. Both of them were in recliner chairs, backs towards me watching the news. I could only see their feet in white socks, propped up on the footrests of their reclining chairs.

@ThanosReXXX - Oh no, now I need mid day scotch to get past that thought. I actually heard a couple people discussing the theoretical possibility of Kanye running for President once in a podcast, and whether he simply had enough Twitter followers to pull it off, and also whether it would be any crazier than an orange reality show host being president.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature @HobbitGamer Bunch of scaredy cats...
A well-placed head or gut shot with the shot gun will easily take care of nearly all enemies. Also watch the corners of your eyes for ghostly floating skulls, which are often a precursor to an insane inhabitant coming to attack you. And of course the musical cues and the light suddenly being switched off. Whenever that happens, simply do a 90 or 180 degree turn (depending on wherever you are and what directional options you have) and shoot first, then switch on the flashlight and shoot again...

And perhaps needless to say, but be sure to crouch down and search every nook and cranny for armor, weapons, ammo and health packs.

@bimmy-lee Yeah, sorry about that. Far as I'm concerned, people can theorize all they want, as long as it doesn't become a reality. If you think things are crazy now, just wait until a nutcase like that occupies the Oval Office...

Well, I'm not really one for alcohol consumption on week days, so I suppose I had better play a violent game or two, so I can alleviate my stress in that way.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX lol. It was intense!! I played thru it last summer when it launched. Hell was another level of wow in that game. Really creepy. Almost makes me want to play some Hannah Montana instead 😉. Jk there anti!!

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Haha, no amount of horror or gore ever warrants needing to play a Hannah Montana game to mitigate those effects. Big boys don't cry (out)...

But I'll share a little secret with you all: in all fairness, I actually also used to have a kind of a weakness concerning these types of games: decades ago, I once had an accident in which all the air was slammed right out of my body, and it took an almost unnatural amount of time before I got it back, so the effort of it really freaked me out, and the experience was more or less seared right into my brain.

I'm over it now, but it took me a long time to recover from it, in that whenever I heard or saw people gasping for breath, it all came back to me. Nowadays, that's just a distant memory, but back then, sections like in Doom 3, where you go in and out of airlocks and such, with the heavy breathing, weren't exactly my favorites, and not just in games, but also in movies and such. And because it tied into a real life experience, that was far more unnerving to me than any alien or demonic jump scares.

As for using other types of games to remedy that: anything adult-oriented, such as a cheeky visual novel or something like that always works just fine for me...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Anti-Matter

Oh, i forgot if i have bought Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival Wii U last 9 February 2020.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

And i play the game by SOLO. 😁
Well, apparently i have unlock all mini games, but i still need more Amiibo cards to play some mini games with at least 6 Amiibo cards to play.
Whoever win in Amiibo Festival doesn't matter for me since it will accumulate the amount of Happy ticket to unlock the board game additional items.

Who need useless violence games if i can enjoy this relaxing kiddie game ? 😌

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX ....the accident involved a bus, didn’t it?

I enjoy the tenseness and spooking myself, as long as the game is good and paced well. But some are so good I can’t play too much at a time. I’m not the same with books or movies.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

I retired from survival horror and super violent/bloody games a while ago. I warped my brain long ago with horror movies and can watch about anything without getting too jumpy or squeamish; but vidya games trick my brain into a whole other level of immersion, and it’s just too real. I think I actually became aware of this while playing Manhunt 2, hiding in the slaughterhouse from the awful pig mask chainsaw guy. I had a moment of clarity and realized that I wasn’t even having fun because I was hiding in a locker, nervous and scared, with no idea what to do, and no real power against him one on one.

@ThanosReXXX - Careful there, I’ve heard those types of games can make you psychotic. If you play them long enough, you could turn back into a monkey.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Eel

My brother had a moment like that playing Alien Isolation.

The poor main character has been in that closet for about a year now.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX I can relate to that. I'm claustrophobic, pretty badly too. Anytime in a movie or game where people are crawling in a cave, only on their elbows and something is chasing them, gives me horrible anxiety.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Haha, yeah those are my break moments. And I don’t always fault the game. Heck, often I consider it to be a kudos to the crew making something that can put me in such a terrorized state that I have to walk away. I don’t think I ever made it past nightfall in a Dead Rising game, or halfway through Alien Isolation. Once I had to repeatedly go into thick building and hallways with friends online in Dead Island, I said nope. I beat Eternal Darkness, screaming and cry-laughing all the way. Alan Wake was a stressful journey to the end of an awesome experience. Left 4 Dead.... my friends told me the lady crying in a corner was a survivor I had to slowly approach. They lied. They’re filthy liars. I made it past the tutorial in ZombieU.

All this talk makes me think I’ll go play some Labo VR now. Happy thoughts. 😛😂

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

I’d dip back in survival horror if the right kind of game came along and caught my eye, but most of the time I’m steering clear. I don’t like even getting a gun or a healing item in those games because I’m then completely obsessed with not using them, haha. I’m a beat em up fan, but I’ve continually passed on Mother Russia Bleeds at ridiculously low sale prices because the trailer is revolting. If the ridiculous violence was comical, I could do it, but since it takes itself seriously; it becomes a joke.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Well, it's like that troll who was all over the site yesterday with the borderline racist username. Saying how dumb it was to use the Switch as a portable gaming device when we could use a gaming laptop... like, yes a 2000 dollar gaming laptop is both as portable as Switch and a fair comparison to a 300 dollar device. Totally.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

I like survival horror, but I also like to have enough ammunition/weapons and healing items to make it thru. So I'm not a purist by any means. I usually play re games on easy If there's any option. Doom3 was the perfect amount of ammo and scary for me. Always had just enough to get by as long as you weren't trigger happy at walls and floors for no reason.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic