Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,981 to 40,000 of 96,503

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Thanks. Glad you liked it. At least something good comes from it now, so my lemonade mission has at the very least succeeded in that regard. Now if only I could apply making crap situations into something creative in real life...

Oh, well. You win some...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Yeah, I've read all the Chit-Chat pages, as previously mentioned. And I saw someone mentioning poor Brie Larsson here (I actually happen to like her), so I'll promptly steer clear of any article that involves her and angry mobs with torches and pitchforks...

Idiots will be idiots, after all. No need to fan those kinds of flames....

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX there's been quite a few articles like that recently. I won't mention them to avoid more arguments, but man, it doesn't seem to be slowing down on the hate these days. The lack of direct has got people in full rage mode lol.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Yeah, I don't see it slowing down either. I was actually relatively up to speed with the site, after having worked my way through most of the added pages on the Chit-Chat thread yesterday, I also browsed through and/or read all the articles up to and including those of yesterday, so I've only got today's articles to still go through. Good thing I did catch up on most of it yesterday, otherwise I might have missed out on the Doom trilogy eShop deal. Glad I was able to catch those in time...

bimmy-lee

I stopped and started my last post several times, and I definitely should have refreshed before I posted (I’m always doing this on my phone).

@NintendoByNature - Man, that’s horrible. Kid heads are so hard, and they’re always jumping. It’s like an uppercut out of nowhere. My daughter got me square on the chin in the exact same situation a year ago, and my knees buckled. A busted lip is not only painful, but it sticks with you a while. Definitely get some ice on it if you have to use your lips tomorrow. Dad life man, this stuff ain’t easy.

@ThanosReXXX - Man, while I really enjoyed the epic two page spread you gave us, I’m also sorry to hear about the exam. While I have no doubt you can work your way through the aftermath both personally and professionally, I understand the absolute gut punch it must have been, and I appreciate your honesty and sharing your vulnerability. Whatever happens, ole Bimmy likes you more as a person now because we all succeed and fail all the time.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Aw, shucks, man...

But all kidding aside, thanks for the compliment, and as a highly empathic person, I'd say it's almost necessary for me to share feelings, whenever applicable or wherever I feel okay to do so. Otherwise, I'd be bottling it all up, and that wouldn't be good for my inner Thanos/demon, because it might cause my decades old rage issues to bubble up to the surface again, so better get rid of the poison while I can, and pouring it into something creative is part of that process. It helps every time, even if sometimes only very little, such as in this case...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer Will do. I will indeed engage my master plan to turn the Mini Tyranexxes to my cause!...When their existence is proven.

@bimmy-lee I think your way and mine makes more sense than going all-out, only to find that the child absolutely dislikes the theme of their room by age four. Seems like a lot of wasted effort if you ask me. Wait for the little 'uns to express their likes and dislikes first! XD Though I do understand how some first-time parents might go a bit overboard in their excitement.

@Heavyarms55 The speed increase alone was worth rejoicing over. Many today would scoff at it (3 MB, way less than that when overloaded), but back then it was a big deal! Waves obsolete technological cane

@Anti-Matter I like your drawing! Chibi Anti-Matter is awesome! Happy birthday to the Switch!

@ThanosReXXX Thanks for the update! I love how you expressed everything you wished to disclose in a really creative way. I was starting to get a little concerned but decided not to @ you as I figured, one way or another, that you needed some time off from the site. I fully understand what it's like to need some time off.

Man, only a half point? That surely would be frustrating as heck, even knowing that you did give it your all. While I can't say I 100% know what's going on in your shoes right now, I do know what it's like to over-analyze everything about a past situation or event that didn't go well (and even ones that, in retrospect, did) to the point of exhaustion. Creative outlets are a good step, as is talking, whether the deep stuff or just well-meant small topics.

I'm not sure what your next step will be, but I wish you luck with your endeavors. That last panel indicates that Epicus ThanosReXXXis still has some fight left! ^.^

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Thanks, much appreciated. And to be honest, I really don't know what my next step is going to be either, or at least not yet anyway. I'm hoping to come to some kind of conclusion by the end of the week, or perhaps I'll stumble upon some kind of epiphany, but either way, it would definitely be in my best interest to get whatever may come up and running, even though it's largely out of my own hands.

Now, apologies in advance if by now I sound more than the Riddler than like Thanos, but as mentioned in the comic and the comments thereafter, that's all I'm willing and able to share now. It's both a lot to digest AND to share, and unfortunately, little of it is good. But I am a survivor, always have been, so besides death and taxes, that's the only thing I can always be sure of in regards to myself.

Annoyingly, I never have any visions about any kind of time scale or stamp, so WHEN the uphill climb will start again, is anyone's guess, really...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX You can always pour that poison here. Us chitchatters have adapted so well that all the water requires a bit of mercury. Otherwise we revert to firstposters and the dreaded threadlockers

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer For a second there, I read those last two words as "threaded dreadlockers".
Guess I need to stay off the booze for now...

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Oh yeah, I remember being astounded when I could look at websites displaying more than one picture at a time without having to wait minutes for each to load! And video that I could watch that was more than a couple seconds long without pausing to load again!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Disclose what you wish and what you're comfortable with in your own time, if anything at all. My intent in the last reply wasn't to prod for more info; I apologize if I gave you that impression.

Some way forward will turn up, I'm sure. Maybe not right away, but in my experience one always does appear.

@Heavyarms55 Oh gosh, video buffering. That used to be HORRIBLE. Watching most videos where they had to buffer every two seconds, and heaven forbid if the connection went foul for even a moment....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Yup I remember waiting a half hour to watch a 5 minute video at 240p.

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX Sorry to hear about your exam, man. It’s one of those things about living in a meritocracy. You know you’re more than capable of performing well at the job, it’s just that damn measly paper stood in your way. But hey, I’m sure you gave it all and that’s all you can do. I’m sure there will be many more successes for you in time.

Love the comic strip. The panels match up perfectly with text boxes. It’s great to get those feelings out by getting yourself involved in something creative.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

Just noticed how much of a toxic waste dump that article about Brie Larson liking Animal Crossing became. Holy crap that was nasty! I left a small comment without really looking at the others earlier but... I know that some people have issues with her but... goodness! If not for NintendoLife's rules on vulgarity and direct insults, it was almost (and I shudder to think about it!) Twitter levels of nasty!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

NotTelevision

@Heavyarms55 As soon as I saw Brie Larson, I knew it would be people dogpiling on her. Don’t plan on reading that article.

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Dang, now you almost made me feel sorry for mentioning it, because I fully understood your exact meaning, so no need for worries there, ma'am.
If you don't mind me saying so, in my humble opinion, you could do with feeling a bit more sure about your own clarity in comments or discussions. I never saw any possible ambiguity or whatever in them.

@NotTelevision Funny you should mention that, because without knowing, you definitely hit the nail on the head where that part is concerned, because I'm damn sure that I could have done the job just fine. Technically speaking, or rather: speaking experience-wise, it's even (considerably) below my abilities, compared to what I've previously done in sales & marketing, so I'd be able to do it with ease, but seeing as it required an official certificate to allow people to do that particular job, it put a hurdle in my path that I unfortunately wasn't able to pass.

Glad you liked the comic. It was actually quite a search to find the correct pictures to suit the idea that I had for the comic, and ultimately, I simply made some minor changes to the script that I had in mind, because changing the text was easier in the end, and I didn't want to put much more time into it than I did already. I'm used to and to some extent, kind of like working under pressure, whether it's self-imposed or not. It instills focus, which is something I could definitely use a bit more of, currently...

@Heavyarms55 Oh, man. What you and @Tyranexx are talking about makes me think back on being oh so happy and excited about having to wait for pictures to appear on websites, when I had my first ever (dial-up) internet subscription. I vividly remember having read about a new Star Wars game being released and me going to the official website to check it out, spending a big chunk of my evening to watch maybe four or five pictures, which appeared/loaded line for line, and a postage stamp-sized video, which did indeed seem to buffer for ages, before starting and stopping withing the blink of an eye, especially compared to the amount of data we're pushing nowadays...

Suffice to say that when they were finally all loaded, I saved the pictures to my PC, so that I could watch them a bit more often without having to wait for them to be loaded again. Or maybe they would have been in cache, but if I remember correctly, those early browsers didn't really do all that good of a job with that, so better safe than sorry and just store stuff locally.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, I don’t understand that level of rudeness. By some folks’ accounts, everyone that enjoys NBA basketball is aligned with Kim Jong.
But if the only thing buggin their life is an article about a person that isn’t them, then right on. Life is silly enough, I say.

@NintendoByNature I grabbed Unravel 2 on that last sale. You weren’t kidding, it’s wonderful and better than the first. The addition of the challenge levels is nice. My only wish is that the camera weren’t so zoomed out in handheld, but I can’t imagine it working otherwise. Solid game, and an absolute steal for $5.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@NotTelevision @HobbitGamer Good plan. I really don't know much about Larson as a person. I don't follow the personal lives of celebrities - in large part because the reason I watch movies (or play games/read books/watch anime, etc) is because fiction for me is a distraction or an escape from the real world. When I watch Star Wars: A New Hope, I don't see Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, I see Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Leia Organa.

I know some people see that as silly, or one of my good friends point out that, in a way, it's a kind of privilege to be able to do that, that's just how I am. I don't want to know the politics and personal lives of these people, I care about the fictional story they are giving me, not what they do outside of that.

Unless a celebrity is actively harming people or causing serious real world problems, I don't care or want to know what they think. And even then, I, perhaps selfishly, am resentful because they've done something that forces me to forget the fiction I care about to deal with real world problems that I can't affect or fix anyway.

@ThanosReXXX Do you remember what game that was? I'm really curious. Classic Star Wars always catches my interest.

And yeah, compared to the amount of data we consumer regularly today, the things we did because then were microscopic. Yet took a long long time. At the same time, that was the best of the best at the time. I remember thinking early chat rooms were the coolest thing. My friends and I all shared AIM usernames and we'd chat on there, the early text speak, LMAO LMFAO G2G BRB LAWLS etc etc. I find it interesting how basically only "lol" has remained among anyone I know. And very rarely I still see "lmao".

Edited on by Heavyarms55

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 I’m the same. I watch a film for the story and characters portrayed in it. I don’t think that’s a type of privilege or anything to want to do that. The whole point of storytelling, especially involving fiction, is the suspension of disbelief. I also don’t think it would be fair minded of me to, for instance, condemn Alien Resurrection solely based on the fact that an actress in it committed theft. I just think the whole concept is very shortsighted and minimalistic, mostly because many folks can’t or won’t think larger.

But what do I know, I’m all jacked up on steroids. 😛

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic