Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,961 to 39,980 of 96,530

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Haha, I knew you were destined for at least one reply. I was expecting more honestly. Maybe three different explanations, one from each hill, and one from some poor soul stuck down in the valley between dodging poop from each side. I’ll circle back to catch up, but if I could bet on it; I’d go big on it being mansplained to you.

@NEStalgia - This has been a situation here for a while. A Brie is a famous person who also likes Nintendo. I’m not sure on specifics and don’t care, but I’ve pieced together two cancelable violations: She said a thing, and didn’t do another thing good. We’re gonna throw her in a Sarlacc pit.

@Tyranexx - That’s a good plan. I pretty much followed it with my kids. Most of their walls are neutral grays, but I did put down a base coat for their accent walls, then let them pick the colors for the stencil, tape, and accent work. I gave them fancy rooms, but I want a good decade out of it since they had a say. I miiiight update the paint and carpet for them at that point, but only if I still like them.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Goodness yes! When I first got broadband instead of dial up, I knew we could NEVER go back. Strictly superior!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 I do miss the dial in noise, though. That’d make a neat ringtone.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@HobbitGamer I'm sure you can get them from somewhere. I keep my phone on silent so much I don't even remember what my ringtone is.

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Check out my fanart of Nintendo Switch above.
A little bit messy since i drew and color it in 2 hours. 😅

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter it's a great drawing anti....expect for 1 thing....NO D-PAD!!!! Im just kidding. Nice job and happy 3rd birthday to switch!

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

I can't deny I am very surprised Nintendo didn't do anything for the 3rd anniversary of the Switch's release. I assumed that some kind of mini-event was a given. Even if it was just a big sale in the eshop for 24 hours or something.

@Anti-Matter Nice picture!

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter I liked it too, very colorful.

How many of you think you’ll get Animal Crossing? I think I will, New Leaf has been a rather relaxing thing to play on workday evenings. Will New Horizons have asymmetric multiplayer, or will you need to be playing for me to visit your towns?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@HobbitGamer
Thanks. 😀

I will get Animal Crossing New Horizons at Day 1 (probably will be arrived after 22 March 2020 in my country).

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 me too I was quite shocked actually. A big sale on all 1st party games released prior to 2019 or just games released in the first year of the switch. Anything really.
@hobbitgamer I dont think itll be a day 1 for me. I put about 15-20 hours into stardew valley and that was more than enough for me. It was fun but that type of game only takes me so far. I suppose after we have a direct and I'll see what the Nintendo schedule is. Ill know if ill have time to kill or not. If i Do, I'll be more inclined to grab it.

Side note: don't bend down to pick up kids toys when they're under you, or near your face. Just went to clean up my son's stuff and for god knows what reason, he jumped up and his head smashed me right in the mouth. Huge lip gash, blood pouring out. After about 5 or so minutes the blood is finally subsided. Was worried I would need stitches. But I think/hope ill be alright. I'd much rather use some more of medical glue or something. He's fine thankfully. But man my lip is huge. And i have to see customers tomorrow 😣. Where's the 7up and Neosporin @bimmy-lee?

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx @bimmy-lee @NEStalgia @HobbitGamer @NintendoByNature @Zuljaras @Eel @NotTelevision @Heavyarms55 @Woomy_NNYes and anyone that I forgot or who is curious or caring enough to want to know, here's a big update in a relatively small form, contrary to my usual habit of creating ample text walls, and this story would actually require one of stellar proportions...

In this instance however, I don't really feel like going into all the details just yet. I needed some time to think and process stuff. Nothing to do with any of the goings on here, but all to do with my own stuff, some of which was known and discussed. Also, thanks to the ones I forgot to thank earlier, for wishing me well. Other than that, I hope you will all understand that I'm not going to react to that many pages of comments, so after having worked my way through pages 2010 to 2025, I'll just treat all of you guys to the compacted version of the main story line of the past week, so that you're mostly up to speed and in the know.

I already wanted to do this yesterday, but putting all these thoughts and emotions into something more creative and thoughtful than just a big slab of text, proved to be a bit more work than I initially thought it would be. But here it is, the final result of what you'll get when you mix real life situations, avatars, emotions and thoughts into a head like mine, while trying to turn the profoundly negative into something positive and creative, which for me was also partially a restorative/healing process.

Anyway, without further ado, I present you all with my one page comic of last week's happenings:
Untitled
To see it in its full size, for easier reading, click on this link and zoom to your heart's content:
(or save the page, and look at it in your own favorite program)
https://i.postimg.cc/s3bKcQ4L/I-m-Back.jpg

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX I was going to say welcome back in Japanese but I remember that's against the community rules. So... Hi!

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Domo arigato gozaimasu! (Thank you very much)
As long as you add some English along with whatever you want to say, such as the translation right after in parentheses, it'll probably be okay.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

I had sort of ruled out AC, but now I’m starting to waffle on it. It really looks fantastic. Seems like a natural entry to jump aboard the AC train, but I’m still not sure. Seem like one to get day one or early on though.

@Anti-Matter - Looks great dude, I think I gave it a like on IG. You would be a good tattoo artist if you practiced, but I’m guessing you’re against tattoos.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX やってみましょう。(Let's try it!)

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX well first let me say, sorry you didn't get the promotion/new career. I know you joked about it, but knowing you, im sure you gave it your all. You seem like a very thorough person who would do such a thing. If it didn't work out this time, there's always another shot down the road.

I'm glad you were able to make light of the situation, afterall.. I'm also glad you're back, buddy.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX While the exam sucks, that recap comic is effin epic, dood!! I immediately want to find a deer and consume its jerky while swigging a giant stein of mead.

Glad you’re back bud.

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Thanks. And yes, I did give it my all, or at least the best I had left, after taking some time to recover from that stupid accident. But that wasn't an excuse, though. When I started, I took it too lightly, thinking two months was a lot of time, but ultimately, I had to do several cram sessions to even get to the point where I ultimately ended up, so yeah... the sentiment of that third panel in the comment still overrules everything. Going to take some time before I'll be able to come to terms with that.

And because of that, the rest of the story, aka the consequences, is something that I'm not (yet) ready to discuss. But ultimately, I decided that indulging in small talk on here, one of the few personal pleasures that I still experience, is better than continuing to sulk and wallow, as mentioned in panel 6 of my life comic...

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX well hey, at least a lesson was learned. Not so much on the ribs part but the cram session part 😉. You didn't miss much on here anyway, other than the usual articles with comment sections being blown to smithereens 😂

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic