Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,861 to 39,880 of 96,508

Eel

I really like how Capcom and Square Enix have been just dumping all their soundtracks to Apple Music (and probably Spotify and the other similar services).

I wish Nintendo did the same.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

This Sunday was not really happy day for me. šŸ˜”
I visited my local gamecentre TimeZone to say goodbye and will never go back after i have waited for almost 1 year, hoping DDR arcade returned on TimeZone.
But alas,TimeZone didn't seem want to support any Bemani machines anymore (DDR, Beatmania IIDX, Gitadora, etc).
So, i decided to break up and not even consider to play at TimeZone anymore.
I have donated the TimeZone card i have to the supervisor over there and i told to her that i will not play at TimeZone anymore since after renovation on April 2019, there were some good arcade machines have been removed and replaced with crappy arcade machines (ticket oriented). It broke my heart as i started to play at TimeZone since 2004, started by playing DDR Extreme for the first time. I was a loyal customer to play DDR religiously at TimeZone every weekend until April 2019, everything has changed forever. The other game Arcade still provide DDR Arcade (DDR A20, DDR X, DDR X3, DDR MAX 2) and i decided to play over there. As i leave from TimeZone, i have no regret at all.

To comfort myself after broke up, i decided to watch Sonic movie again at 12.30 pm.
But it seem the movie itself didn't really entertain me. My face was still flat to digest the jokes over there, like it was very dry jokes to make me giggle by naturally. šŸ˜
The only thing that made me giggle a little bit was when Robotnik was about to extract the electricity from Sonic quilt and it created a blackout. šŸ™‚

After watching movie, i played DDR MAX 2 at game arcade Amazone since that the only place which have DDR Arcade. I only played 2 sets (1 set = 3 songs) since i have to visit my local game shop at 3 pm to chit chat and discuss about video games. I leave from Super Mall Surabaya (the place i visited) at 16.40 and it was raining. Great..... šŸ˜’

Fortunately it just only light rain so i decided to go my nearest McD restaurant to have dinner over there and have relax time before i go back to my house.

Maybe playing ACNL 3DS at home will make my mood better.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Wii Sports, Call of Duty, Galaxy, she runs the gamut. She got a 360 back in the day to play Black Ops online with my friends and I, then played Gears and Kinect.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Zuljaras

I hope next week Animal Crossing New Leaf arrives. I only watched videos of the franchise and I must admit it looks like a very nice Super advanced/modern Tamagochi!

I hope it brings back memories.

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I heard the same. Manhunt too. And she 360 no scopes. She can also do a no damage run in Punch Out, and she took out Ganon with three hearts using only a Korok leaf. Donā€™t mess with Mama Hobbit man.

@HobbitGamer - Thatā€™s awesome dude, good for her. My mom would immediately get motion sickness and throw up if she tried a fps. Itā€™s nice that you can share gaming with her. My dad did a little SMB and Sonic back in the day, but that was about it. I played a lot of 2600 games with my grandma though. She was pretty good.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee good for her. She's probabaly made me rage quit a few times back in the day then. @HobbitGamer that's pretty cool. My mom only played Wii fit games or just dance. Never story driven games unfortunately. My dad wouldn't either though.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I canā€™t remember if I told this story here, but my dad had an epic accident on the Power Pad back in the day. My friend brought it over along with Track & Field, and he tried out a hurdle race in the basement with a low ceiling. Naturally, the thrill of competition overtook him, and he jumped too high, head first into the ceiling and then went down like a sack of bricks. It was an AFV winning moment if it had been caught on video. Classic. I still bring it up.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee hahaha that's great. My favorite AFV dad moment was when me and my dad were home alone, I was maybe 7 or 8. He was putting together my mom's new treadmill. He's normally a very bright guy, and had lot of common sense. For some reason, he didn't that day. He finally finished it, had setting on full blast, hit the power button while standing on the track(not feet to the side like you normally would) and face planted, and shot out like a rocket toward the wall. I was watching from the stairs and naturally started laughing and ran into my room to avoid getting in trouble for laughing at his misfortune. I still bring that story up, and we all laugh at it. If only my brother was there it would've been sweeter.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Amazing. Thereā€™s something about a treadmill that can make anyone briefly lose their mind. We must get hypnotized by the spinning belt or something. Treadmill mishaps were an absolute staple on AFV. Right up there with ā€œgrandpaā€™s pants fell down againā€ in frequency and popularity. I never quite understood that one. Who walks around in constant danger of their pants just falling down? Seems like they might want to do something about that. I donā€™t know, maybe Iā€™ll make it to grandpa age and I too will stop caring about whether my pants are up or down.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee lol. Grandparents are full of funny little quirks. I cant wait til I'm 70+so I can say and do as i please.

I was laughing with my dad yesterday about how his parents would medicate any ailment with neo sporin and 7up. You could have a wide open gash on your arm. " just give him some Neosporin and a 7up. He'll be fine in no time." Or you could have that flu, living on or near the toilet "just give him some 7up and apply Neosporin. " I miss them, for stuff like that. It never got old..

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Man, I wish I had gamer parents. There's some evidence that my dad had one of those portable Pac-Man machines from back in the early 80s if an old strategy book I found on a bookshelf at their place is any indication. I think it was passed around his extended family. Past that I've never known him to play video games. Mom has played some Wii games such as Wii Sports and various Just Dance titles when she was in the middle of an exercise craze, but past that I don't think she's played much either.

Neither of my grandmothers play video games. The one just isn't interested, and the other doesn't have a good impression of them and that they can be social experiences as well. I blame some cousins for that one.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NotTelevision

The only game I saw my mother play was Wii Sports as well.

My Dad used to play Mist and some of those Lucas Arts adventure games like Full Throttle and Secret of Monkey Island on PC. I donā€™t think he plays much now though.

NotTelevision

Eel

My mom got very into Brain Age and Animal Crossing New Leaf for a while, and has a few games she plays daily on her phone. Other than that I wouldn't call them gamers. Particularly my dad has no interest in video games in the slightest.

My grandparents all were dead before I was 5 years old, but I don't think any of them even got to know what video games were. Even the ones that got to experience the 80's.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

Interesting to read about parental gaming habits, especially since we vary in age. I guess the lesson is never underestimate a mom around Wii Sports or Just Dance, and Hobbitā€™s mom is super cool.

@NintendoByNature - Oh man, I had veeeery similar experiences. Sprite, 7Up, or ginger ale for all internal maladies, peroxide and neosporin for everything external. He was also big on Vicks vapo rub too. That was good for lots of stuff. He made us homemade cough syrup sometimes too, which was a warm shot of water, honey, lemon juice, and a little bit of whiskey. So a shot of hot toddy basically. I always slept great after one of those.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee My mom is pretty cool. Dad plays a lot of Flight Simulator. When I mean a lot, I mean he will sit there and fly across the US for weekend fun. To each their own, I suppose.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee haha thats great. I never got the Home made cough medicine. But I think I want to. I one of those guys who likes cough medicine. I know...strange..

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx My father wasn't really a gamer but he did have an NES and played it a lot while his health held out. My first experiences with games were watching him play Mario 3 and then playing it with him as a little kid. He showed me many of the secret areas and power ups in the game. But he was a factory worker and as he got older, it really ruined his hands and made it hard for him to play...

I've tried to get my mother to play games a good few times, and to her credit, she tried to learn. But it just didn't really click with her. She did get really into Farmville 2 at one point and heck, so did I. But she quit that too eventually for reasons I never really understood. She has this weird mismatch of computer skills where somethings she can do super well, but other things baffle me on how she doesn't understand them... I bought her Stardew Valley and set it all up for her but, no matter what I do, she says the game doesn't work when she opens it.

@NintendoByNature Home made cough medicine? You mean whiskey?

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

Oh man, there are some amazing new threads popping up today. If only Sunday Directs were even a remote possibility, the comedy would be in high gear.

@HobbitGamer - Iā€™ve heard and read a bit about the flight simulation hobby. Both the arcade cabinet enthusiasts, and the weekend warriors like your dad. Itā€™s serious stuff. Iā€™ve tried a sit in, arcade cabinet simulator a few times, and itā€™s a serious challenge.

@NintendoByNature - I enjoy a good, strong mentholated cough drop. I like when the vapors are blasting right out of my nose.

@Heavyarms55 - Thatā€™s a cool story about being taught the ropes in SMB3 by your dad. That game was such a cultural milestone. I also played it a lot with a family member who passed away.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

Arg! It's only been 2 and a half hours and I'm already bored out of my mind! They told all the kids to stay home because of coronavirus and I think that's a smart precaution to hopefully limit potential spreading... and yet the staff of the school is still expected come to work! No students means no class and this is supposed to last all month! My contract says I'm still supposed to come - but there really is no point when there are no kids for me to teach! Please! Let us leave early!

@bimmy-lee It's a game that will be fondly remembered for a long, long time.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic