Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,861 to 39,880 of 42,060

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee The Lion King was and still is one of my favorite Disney animated features. I watched it enough as a kid to the point where I can quote many scenes. I liked the recent live adaptation as well, but it wasn't as good. Rafiki is definitely an awesome character. Especially when he goes full Bruce Lee.

Space, as a kid, made me truly realize how big our universe is. I think that's a concept I grasped before realizing Earth is a pretty decent size, too.

@ThanosReXXX Will do. I try to avoid the TRULY lame jokes unless I'm actively trying to elicit a facepalm. I get up to some crazy stuff under the articles sometimes....

Currently playing: Link's Awakening (Switch), WarioWare Gold

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter "I had no choice but kill the centipede"
Absolute nonsense, there's ALWAYS a choice. If you were already able to catch it with tongs, you could have also put it in a box or some kind of container, and thrown it outside.
And centipede poison cannot kill an adult human, unless they have some kind of condition such as an allergy or when they are of weak composure. It can harm children, but in adults, it'll only cause irritation, swelling, inflammation, and other temporary discomforts. Pretty minor compared to being killed, I'd say.

And pretty much all of us have been bitten by some insect at some point. And what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, so it's good for you. Creates experience and character, something you could definitely benefit from...

@NintendoByNature You KILL bees?
Those cute little honey providers? Tssss.... Shame on you.
A bee only harms people, or rather: beings it perceives as life-threatening (and in the case of humans, rightfully so), but otherwise, they're completely harmless. And you know what they say about what would happen if bees would go extinct...

Now, if you would have said "I kill wasps" or "I kill hornets"...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX lol i actually don't kill any of them. I just pretty much avoid them at all costs. I know bees are good for the environment and wasps/hornets are just in it for the pain ūüėČ.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Well, wasps actually do have a use, as the scavengers of the insect world, but they're starting to overpopulate, thanks to... ? Exactly, humans...

We're killing both their environment and the environment of their natural enemies and/or the things that kept them in check, so they've got little choice but to move over to areas closer to us, and as such, they've started to invade our homes, to build their nests there instead.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature P.S.
I knew you were only half serious, hence all the smileys...
Has the hot lemon already kicked in?

WoomyNNYes

Just finished the Pryamid floor of Luigi's Mansion 3. Boy... I've had to youtube the these last 3 bosses. Was any one smart enough to beat the these LM3 bosses with out cheating (looking it up online)?

I got stuck on:
Atrium garden floor boss
That pink cat that steals the elevator button
The weight "scale chamber" of the pyramid.
Pyramid boss

To Nintendo's credit, those have been some clever bosses.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Playing: Rocket League lately.
Science liker.
Extreme bicycle rider.
(Nobody says "extreme". I say it to be silly.)

Eel

@Woomy_NNYes I had to check how to beat the king one, and Helen took me way too long to figure out.

Thinking about it, with her I just needed to be more patient. I was trying to stun her too early.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX lol. Youre the man who knows a little bit of everything, I tell ya. ūüėČ. But honestly, the headache is coming back in full swing. About to make another cup in a few. I even chugged some water as well hoping that would help, but it didn't. Usually I'm rarely sick and when i do, it's only for a day. So I dont know what's going on. It's definitely not as bad as it was a couple days back so there's progression at least.

NintendoByNature

WoomyNNYes

@Eel Uh! that king boss. That was the first boss I had to look up.

Playing: Rocket League lately.
Science liker.
Extreme bicycle rider.
(Nobody says "extreme". I say it to be silly.)

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Yup, I'm not just a Mad Titan, I'm also the king of useless facts. Well, at least: depending on how you look at it. I could definitely educate children...
But in all seriousness: I've always been curious about a wide variety of things, and when there's nothing else on TV, I watch a truckload of National Geographic Channel and/or Animal Planet, so some of those pearls of wisdom coming from those sources, are bound to stick in the back of mind at some point, and then they bubble to the surface in instances like these.

And as someone who likes to travel, knowledge about various kinds of insects and (the potential effect of) their bites and/or stings might definitely come in handy...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX I can definitely tell your mind gets peeked more often than Not, which is a good thing. I'll sometimes tune into national geographic If there's something I like. But rarely do i have time to watch the tube these days. My two favorite things to watch are ( and 1 im sure you can imagine since i talk about it quite a bit), is food network or travel channel where guys like Andrew Zimmern will go to various countries and eat crazy things that are native to areas. Or Anthony bourdain. That way you get a little culture and cuisine all in one ūüėČ.

The other is fishing. Which I've also mentioned loving on here. A job where you travel the world and fish for local game, is something I would absolutely love. So I do have some culture, I suppose lol.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature I used to watch a lot of food factory and/or How It's Made, about all kinds of food items.
I was actually quite addicted to it, but at some point, it all just became more of the same, so I slowly tuned out over time. And I've always been interested in animals, nature and history, so these things keep me coming back to the aforementioned two channels.

That is, if I'm not (binge)watching some kind of series, or sports.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

Sometimes, a banana can be the belle of the ball. Just don’t tell the lettuce loyalists.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX not sure if i ever told you, but my job entails going into food plants and selling process equipment. It's pretty cool seeing how everything is made. Stop me if you've heard me say this, but laffy taffy is by far the coolest. Just imagine seeing a big slab of strawberry or grape Laffy taffy the size of a car in width and length( not so much height ) but it's still at least 10" thick

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Yeah, that's the exact kind of thing that I used to watch being made in that "Food Factory" show. From pastries to candy to microwave meals and so on. Weirdly fascinating and sometimes even almost mesmerizing, like those meditative "most relaxing" videos on YouTube.

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX I'm fine with spiders and insects, so long as they stay outside.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Edelgard profile pic credit to: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Here's the first two episodes of Food Factory. They're 22 minutes each, so watch them when you've got enough time to kill. Needless to say, only if it piques your interest enough to actually invest that amount of time in them...

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Well, sometimes the poor critters get confused, thanks to us destroying their natural habitats, and then they accidentally find themselves in our homes. No reason to kill them. Just putting them back outside is enough...

And spiders are useful against all those nasty insects, so that's one animal that I'll definitely never kill.

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX I can respect that choice. But it's not one that I'm likely to emulate.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Edelgard profile pic credit to: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic