Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,801 to 39,820 of 96,503

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 I don't know because of my AMNESIA. I see flashes of a past I don't recognize at untimely moments right before people with poorly balanced swords attack me unprovoked, though.

A random bartender 3 cities ago told me about AMNESIA. It started near the town I came from precisely on the day of my coming of age ceremony. It causes people to forget all their memories and sometimes turn into monsters. It has nothing at all to do with the common noun "amnesia". That's completely unrelated.

This is why I joined up with EMO. I need to find the truth, even if it means 40-70 hours of unraveling the mystery only to be told it was really all due to ancient space gods all along. And most of all, I have to look stylish while doing it!

NEStalgia

NotTelevision

@HobbitGamer Haha. I don’t think I’m sick. At least not in the physical sense 😄.

I woke up and researched to make sure I wasn’t just imagining those kids mysteriously died, as ridiculous as that sounds. As it turns out there isn’t a code that turns Animal Crossing into Videodrome either 😛.

NotTelevision

NEStalgia

@NotTelevision Ok, if you're going to leak the entire plot of Persona 6, at least put it in spoiler tags, will you?!

NEStalgia

NotTelevision

@NEStalgia Sorry didn’t mean to. At least we know in the Mementos you’ll be battling deformed characters from Animal Crossing. That should spice it up those sections up a little.

NotTelevision

alpacatears

@Anti-Matter The Nook/ Katy Perry comparison is so funny. Nook is gonna be the next top model 😂

alpacatears

Anti-Matter

I have watched Sonic movie 2020 just now. 🙂
Well...
The movie was pretty mediocre in my opinion.

Spoiler alert !!
It was like i was watching SEGA version of Glee drama with satire jokes + very cringey and insulting dialogues from Robotnik. Oh, i was thinking Robotnik by Jim Carey was like Male version of gym teacher Sue (i didn't even like that b###h). To be honest i might be felt insulted too by his cringey speech even in fiction.
I didn't even moved by emotion while watching the movie. No tears of happiness, no giggles, no awesome reaction, just... Flat face. There were some dry jokes, like typical SEGA wanted to be edgy but at the same time their edginess also their stumble stones

Well.... I guess i might watch the movie again, just only the second time while waiting for Mulan 2020 by Disney.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

@Eel So, how do you know english & spanish so well? Bilingual family? I'm just curious. Porque no conzoco

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NEStalgia

@Eel Take THAT, all you parents that say if you just sit there playing video games and hanging out on social media all day you'll never amount to anything!

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@NotTelevision That...is...epic! Dream logic/happenings definitely throw some wrenches into what is normal. Sometimes there are no rules. The human brain is weird.

In other news, I now want to play an Animal Crossing Creepypasta hack.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Haha thanks. I'm sure me starting the learning process at a young age helped a lot.

I don't think I would be able to learn a new language just like that again.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DannyBoi

If Nintendo started charging for the Eshop(requiring you to have an Switch online subscription to access it), how many would stop using it(the Eshop)?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

NotTelevision

@Tyranexx You really got it on the head there. It’s totally a Creepypasta type dream.

As a middle school students, we’d believe all kinds of crazy things about games. So the premise of there being a code that opens you up some danger or reveals forbidden knowledge is pretty intriguing.

But to respond to your earlier comment about bed bugs, I think it’s good you check. I can’t speak about cleanliness of a Motel 6 or the Days Inn, but I’d bet they don’t change the bedsheets or check the room for pests 😆.

The worst part about bed bugs is they attack you when you are most vulnerable and comfortable. I remember just giving up on the bed for a while and just putting a clean pillow on my hardwood floor to sleep.

NotTelevision

Tyranexx

@NotTelevision Ah yes, middle schooler superstition. I'm not sure if it's better or worse with wider internet access these days. XD One of the most prevalent rumors in my Pokemon days was that pressing A when capturing a Pokemon would increase your chances of catching it on that try. I tried this a few times and didn't notice any difference. It was definitely bogus lol.

On the bed bugs: they aren't something I've thankfully ever dealt with, but I know they're easily picked up and can be hard to get rid of. Most hotels that I've found with reports have supposedly cleared the things out when they're reported, but that depends on how the hotel is maintained to begin with. I don't trust really low-budget chains lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

DannyBoi

@NotTelevision It is nintendo. Their online subscriptionis lacking and(in their eyes) be boosted by making acces to the shop restricted by online subscription. But the Eshopwould be rebooted with more benefits.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

HobbitGamer

Since a few of us discussed Aldi’s the other day, I thought I’d share my overall impression after my first experience.
I’m not a fan. The lack of variety and general price parity with other local stores doesn’t really scream value to me. I had to grab some ingredients for my (long overdue) chili batch, and I thought to try out Aldi’s since I was nearer to it. All I could get was; bag of 5 red onions (instead of a single vidalia onion), bag of 12 vine tomatoes (instead of two steak tomatoes), bag of 10 questionable jalapeños (instead of picking 3 out), and 2.5 lbs beef. I still had to visit BiLo for cilantro, parsley, habanero, serrano, poblano, beans, and powder.
I basically paid the same and had less choice and service. No wonder it’s a European thing 😜. It’d probably be okay if I weren’t picky about ingredients for cooking recipes.

Also, @DannyBoi : No. just no.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer yeah that was my impression as well. Thought it was just my location because it's so small. Then again, I can't see europeans shopping for food like that..... ESPECIALLY not the French which is where Aldi is based iirc. Maybe they just phone it in half way in the states. Americans have no taste and would eat dog food of it was cheap enough, right? : P
Then again my normal store has a lot of produce only in bags, too. Drives me crazy. I need 6 lbs Yukon potatoes. My options are to buy 10lbs (2 bags) and throw 4lbs out, or buy 1lb "baking potatoes" and mix them in with the yukon hoping they cook at the same time. Same with celery. I need 2 stalks. So every week I have to buy a whole bag and throw 3/4 of it out. But if they were to sell individually they'd price it so we'd only get 20% off the price to get 80% less product and then declare it "sustainable".

I'll always remember Aldi as the store that docked employees pay in France during one of the terror attacks when everyone was on lockdown and therefore not working. Ol Marie would be proud!

They had to backpeddle that a week later when the whole planet was mocking them.

@dannyboi K, imma count to three.......

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi wrote:

If Nintendo started charging for the Eshop(requiring you to have an Switch online subscription to access it), how many would stop using it(the Eshop)?

Your unnecessary anxious will keep you into wrong assumptions.
It will not happen so we can buy eshop games without being tied by Online Service. Only some titles tied by NSO due to Online play feature from those games.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic