Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,781 to 39,800 of 96,519

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Most definitely. Part of the problem here is that a lot of people don't realize how much a professional website or application can cost to develop and maintain. That's not to say I think people should have to pay out the wazoo for something decent, but the danger here is that such services, to please people, become undervalued. As much as I dislike some companies like Apple, they really know how to take advantage of brand power and thus keep their product value high.

@Heavyarms55 Same here. I mentioned Digimon earlier; I've tried watching some of the reruns subbed, but it just isn't the same. I'm sure if I hunted down other shows that I enjoyed like Cardcaptors/Cardcaptor Sakura, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon (though I know this was highly edited....Before I knew what rice balls were, I legit thought the Pokemon world had these crazy doughy donuts with a big black stripe in the middle; I really wish they had just been honest there), Medabots, Megaman NT Warrior....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 somewhere the word "jenova" is going to enter this thread and explain everything kinda.

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia I'll just use my usual scapegoat and blame everything negative on US politics.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 Oh don’t worry, I’m failing to contain myself. I’m more concerned right now with things sinus infections from massive pollen, influenza, whatever mold is lurking in my office tiles, or poisoning from the galvanized pipes in our office bathroom rusting from the inside.
It’s cynical, but as I’ve said before; once you get dysentery in the modern age in a modern country, you learn some things are worse than respiratory illness 🤣

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@HobbitGamer I once had a serious case of salmonella food poison. I could eat nothing but water and dry crackers for over a week after spending about 48 hours expelling what felt like everything I had ever eaten, from top and bottom, at the same time. I would rate that far far worse than any respiratory illness I have ever had.

Though my father once had pleurisy with pneumonia, which sounded like literal torture. He said it literally felt like sand paper grinding the inside of his chest with each breath. The hospital had to use medicine that was so strong to dull the pain that my mother had to sign for it and they wouldn't tell me what it was called - just that it was based on morphine.

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Yes, I am. Last I heard it was around 200 cases of the virus - not counting those on the cruise ship. The Prime minister "suggested" (ordered) all elementary and jr. high schools to close for the next few weeks. Which is probably a good idea. But the schools seem to have had no real plans in place for this and don't actually know what to do. It's not clear how they're gonna handle it. Only students told to stay home? Classes cancelled but what about graduation and entrance ceremonies, which would have been in March? Club activities? High school entrance tests and make up tests? What are parents who work supposed to do? What are us teachers and other staff supposed to do?

Lot's of questions and no answers. While I think it's right to take the virus seriously, and even that it is better to over react than to take risks, it really feels like those at the top didn't think this plan through.

MsJubilee

I just finished watching that WWE Super ShowDown main event, and I have to say it was awful! Bray Wyatt The Fiend, who has been hyped by the WWE company for a whole year, gets his whole career destroyed by a 53-year-old man(Goldberg). I like Goldberg, but they must let the new blood take charge! They have to let the fresh talent take the helm, and they should not keep bringing back old school stars.

Sorry for derailing the conversation, I just needed to get this off my chest.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-Lee what ya know.. beat the guy on my first try just a few minutes ago and only had to play the final boss about 10-12 times before beating him. Guess I needed rest 😋.
@MsJubilee GOLDBERG GOLDBERG GOLDBERG. Just kidding but in all seriousness, when I was watching the wwe a few years ago, I wasn't crazy about bray Wyatt. Not sure what it was. He just reminded me of a poor mans Mick Foley/ mankind. No offense if you like him though. But i do see what you're saying, Let some new talent take the helm.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

The couple of times I've had food poisoning, it thankfully wasn't severe. I've learned to not touch the potato salad at one of my favorite eateries though; I think it sometimes sits out on the salad bar for too long.

The worst I've ever felt from an illness is a toss-up between the pneumonia I've mentioned before and a very bad stomach bug I contracted in college. I don't mind discussing the latter, but it's a bit graphic for the squeamish.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I feel ya on that. I never eat potato salad or egg salad unless it's from a store that makes it daily. The worst part is now potato salad is probabaly ruined for you 😑

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 nono, I'm pretty sure the blame lies with GOVERNMENT, the top secret organization with an inexplicably common noun with caps lock on for a name that nobody has heard of and nobody believes you that it exists at all.

Its leader is actually an ancient god synthetically created by the leaders of a lost former civilization

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Not fully, but I'm definitely more cautious around both of them. XD I'm careful to not get at those types of foods past a certain point at family reunions. A local pizza place I love has potato salad on their salad bar as well, but it gets changed out routinely. I've never had any issues there.

My mom and sister caught food poisoning from a wedding reception they went to this past summer; they think the coleslaw (by process of elimination) that they had sat out a bit too long. It was changed out for a new container shortly after, and they know of other people at their table who also became ill. My sister kicked it in a couple of days; it took mom about a week to feel fully well.

Edited on by Tyranexx

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx ugh yea that stinks. Last time I got sick was when i had cauliflower. Can't even look at it now 😋. Now you got me wanting pizza though lol

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

Everyone is being safe and staying home and stuff and I'm like "Great! I'm going out for sushi tonight!"

@NEStalgia And are you and I the sole remaining decedents of that lost civilization?!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Cauliflower? That's a shame. It's good stuff! Though I definitely understand wanting to avoid a food for awhile after bad things happen. I can't stand the smell of black bean soup now.

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee For sure. It would definitely open up the opportunity for looting with so little people on the street.

After you complete 5-6 games, a dozen films, and longer novels you get bored again😂. Well... there’s always more I can find. Bloodroots might be a good way to blow off steam. We’ll see.

NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Just when I was saying “all my dreams are boring”, here comes my mind dropping a real doozy.

I’m back in elementary school (for some reason)and we are taking a field trip to a cemetery. The purpose of this trip is to memorialize the deaths of 8 students who died 10 years previous. So I’m on the bus and I ask my friend, “Hey I know these students died, but how did they die?” He looks surprised at me and says “You really don’t know? I’m not going to tell you.” So that was useless. I ask another friend the same question and he tells me to enter “Up, Down, Down, Up, Down, Down, Up Start” on the GameCube version of Animal Crossing for details about this.

Then we are out having the ceremony next to the 8 gravestones. The priest ends it by asking the students “Does anyone have any more comments or speeches they would like to give?” I raise my hand and stand up. I’m really mad that nobody is telling me what happened by this point. I ask “I’m sorry, but can you tell me how exactly they died? Nobody will tell me anything about it.” Everyone looks at me confused. “You really don’t know”, the priest ask. “No I really have no idea what happened to them”. He then says he’s not going to tell me but I should find out some other way.

By this time I’m really confused myself and everyone knows something I don’t. On the bus home I keep thinking about why nobody would want to tell me. I take my only lead so far and enter “Up, Down, Down, Up, Down, Down, Up Start” on my version of Animal Crossing at home. All of a sudden it’s bizzaro Animal Crossing. All the animals are deformed and the screen on my CRT is becoming warped and stretched. There is some white heat emanating from the screen and my television begins to melt. I quickly turn of the Gamecube in terror. 😂 So that’s the ending.

I know this isn’t a dream diary forum, just thought I’d share this one because it’s about Animal Crossing and was pretty interesting.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

HobbitGamer

@NotTelevision That is a hilarious dream. Now go check your temperature, haha

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic