Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,761 to 39,780 of 96,503

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, I remember all three of them being fun and somewhat easy until they got tough around the 75% mark. They were all rentals, and I can’t remember if I completed all of them. I do remember that part in three, but I can’t remember if I got past it. I probably rage quit it, and put in NBA Street Vol 2, Viewtiful Joe, or San Andreas.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NotTelevision

@HobbitGamer That’s sounds like a party. I’ll ask my cousin about it next time. He’s a SCAD grad and I’m sure he participated.

I had an interesting experience with a group of SCAD students who crashed at my apartment in college. I gave them my sofa, some air mattresses, and my bed while I slept at my girlfriend’s place. When I came back everything seemed normal, but noticed some bite marks after I slept. I lifted up my mattress and sofa, noticed there were bed bugs everywhere. They must have migrated with them all the way from Georgia. It was an ordeal to say the least and left me paranoid about those buggers for at least 2 months.

What’s college without a bed big story though right? 😅

Nice people though. When I told them I tried not to sound too stressed out.

@bimmy-lee Unfortunately things haven’t got any better with the coronavirus. I was optimistic at first thinking it was just going to pass, but that is definitely not the case. At least everyone seems to be on alert about it. It is so easily spread though, and symptoms lie dormant for a long period of time. So yeah I’m laying low until... I don’t know... May or June. Sucks but I have a lot of books I haven’t read and some RPGs to clear in the time being. There are certainly worse predicaments.

I guess I’m a big cliche when it comes to being a NO guy. I used to make beignets at a place in high school and college. It was pretty crappy part time job, but it paid my way and I had a ton of weird encounters at that job. There were a lot of dudes who did prison sentences and Hondurans who were still in the process of applying for citizenship (if at all). That’s how my smoking habit first began, by working at that place and every employee doing it.

It’s a shame it went out of business though. It was was the best place to get beignets. Cafe Du Monde is good too and I’ll go there when I return home.

I’m a pie and bread guy too. The texture of cake is too soft for me. I like a crust and structure to sweet foods. Even with ice cream, I’ll go with the pistachio almond because of that crunch.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea that's my ONLY gripe with the dmc games I've played thus far. Both of them we're fairly easy, and then out of nowhere you run into these immovable forces. And it really doesn't make sense considering the rest of the game is simple enough. Just bugs me when im right on the verge of completing a game and im stuck at the very end.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out Funimation I think. I haven't ruled out subs moving forward, but at least for nostalgia purposes there are some dubs I prefer overall. Digimon just isn't the same without the voices I grew to know and love. I've also heard some dubs like My Hero Academia are pretty spot-on too. That's one that's towards the top of my list; I'm reading the manga on and off and really enjoy it.

@bimmy-lee Oh boy, we had a couple of pain in the rear website customers who were needy as heck come back to us at my old job. They learned that some of those out of state professionals and free website builders aren't always the way to go.

@NotTelevision I have thankfully never dealt with bedbugs, but they're so easily spread that I'm paranoid about picking them up when I'm traveling. I don't check hotel rooms and theater seating AS thoroughly now, but I definitely still do a few spot checks.

My worst experiences with biting insects belong to both ants and fleas.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Vinny

Trying to listen to all of Ryuichi Sakamoto's discography is quite the challenge, considering it spans more than 40 years and countlless albums, haha

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

bimmy-lee

@NotTelevision - Yeah, I’m sure that situation hasn’t improved, but gotten worse. It’s scary to think about it. I don’t think we (my wife and I) could even afford to be locked down like that for very long. Seems like there would be looting and Wild West law here in the US within a few days. Best of luck with it friend. It doesn’t sound half bad being forced to take time off and work through the media backlog, but I imagine it actually gets old quick.

I guess I’m talking to the right person about beignets then. Sounds like a cool place you worked. I liked the gang in the kitchen when I did some food service in college. They taught me some interesting things. It seems like kitchen folk are always an eclectic, interesting bunch.

@NintendoByNature - That’s really frustrating. I always hope for a gradual ascent in difficulty that coincides with powering up the character and deeper understanding of the combat. I really hate when a game is sudden, huge difficulty spike. It can ruin the whole experience for me.

@Tyranexx - Yep, they’re usually much more appreciative of your efforts after going away and dealing with someone else who just doesn’t care as much. I saw this quite a bit in printing and digital publishing. When the presses or the staff are maxed out, and sales is still bringing more clients; you can start to think about which clients mess up the process by being over the top needy, supplying junky files, impossible to please, etc. A smooth job is usually the most profitable.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Nostalgia is a strong factor. Anything I watched as a kid in English is weird to go back and watch in Japanese.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

Final Fantasy is a collective delusion caused by alien brainwashing. There are no such games.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yep, no reason for it really. Just full blown difficulty spikes outta nowhere like a Randy Orton RKO

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Final Fantasy is a collective delusion caused by alien brainwashing. There are no such games.

But i play Final Fantasy III NDS, FF VIII Switch, FF IX PS1, FF X/X-2 HD Switch, FF XII TZA Switch, FF XIII PS3. 🤨

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 That theory makes more sense than the actual narratives, anyway

As for the other conversation, it may not represent you directly, but that's still just about the most "let them eat cake" attitude possible in terms of being absolutely impractical for I'd say 85% of the population, even if "possible" via programs. In your field maybe it had more practicality, but not for most, enough to offset all involved. But more importantly it's tinged with just the wrong amount of stereotyping of americans and a myopia about underlying problems here. A very common self stereotyping, mind you. That's not to sound jingoistic. I'm the first to say that the shining city on the hill is really just a labor camp. But the idea that an inward looking population not cultured by exposure to the other utopias of earth and not embracing homogenized monoculture, cured by travel elsewhere, is in many ways the opposite of the real trouble. It's the tone of the elite. I'm not suggesting economically you're among the elite, but that your mindset in that regard is one of emulating theirs.

Then again I was supposed to be continuing conversations with you on those lines and haven't had the chance still, so I'll blame myself partly

@Woomy_NNYes That's really cool! It's amazing how much consolidation went on with the railroads in the 60s and 70s. The only one still operating more or less as themselves in original form are union pacific. Everyone else is a merge, or defunct. A lot of companies could never navigate the transition from steam to diesel.... And none of them could navigate the interstate highway project that actively taxed them to federally fund their direct competition. Funny thing is a lot of that rail real estate would be much needed today. As online kills retail, freight rail is doing better than it was in the 20s! Most of that "free ground shipping" is going by rail for the major hops.

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Nope. You think you do, but that's just an illusion created by the aliens. Every time you think you are playing them it's actually the aliens using you in some experiment.

@NEStalgia I'm not gonna lie. It took me a minute to realize which narratives you were talking about. XD It depends on the game, but I kinda agree.

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter It was a joke dude. I was being silly.

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 Just heard Japan is canceling schools for the month of March and wondered how that impacts you?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@HobbitGamer Currently staff is scrambling like chickens with their heads cut off to figure it out. This month is the end and beginning of the school year here. Normally there'd be tests, graduation from JHS (a big deal here) entrance ceremonies etc etc...

Far as I can tell, there's no plan. I don't even know if I am supposed to come to work or not.

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 Oh man. Hate that you don’t have any info. Hopefully you learn something soon! Be safe.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@HobbitGamer Thanks. Personally I'm not all that worried about anything. Yes the virus is scary and dangerous, but 200 cases out of 130 million people? I've been more worried I'd not keep my sarcasm under control around the students and make another end of the world joke. Which admitted wouldn't be cool.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic