Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,741 to 39,760 of 40,254

Zuljaras

@Eel I have a cheap Windows tablet Lenovo Miix 2 8` with Windows 8.1 and it is wonderful for playing Heroes of Might and Magic games and Point and Click adventures.

It can even Run Heroes of Might and Magic 6 with low settings.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yeah, there's always trade-offs, I suppose. I live pretty close to a fire brigade, so whenever something's up, they race past my house, sirens screaming and lights flashing. And that can be at any time of day or night, obviously. And of course the less than fresh air.

I especially notice that difference in the summertime, when I regularly go to see my dad in his summer house at the community garden, which is just outside the city, in the so-called green ring, and if you sit in the garden in front of the summer house, it's quiet as a mouse, everything around you is green, and the air definitely smells different.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

Aw, snap !
Sonic movie 2020 hasn't released yet here in Indonesia.
It said In Cinemas Soon from the promotional standee i saw just now.
Untitled
I guess i have to wait a little bit longer during February 2020.

Oh, the Sonic standee was look great.
Untitled

Btw, this morning i got Chocolate gift from my male student grade 6 during Valentine's Day. All teachers got that chocolate gift.
Untitled

Oh, Mr David was my name. 😁

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NEStalgia

At least it's just a single pack.

NEStalgia

gcunit

@Zuljaras In today's lgbqt-woke world, the phrase 'every hole's a goal' has never been truer

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

bimmy-lee

Our rocks turned out great after about five weeks of tumbling. The tumbler was a tad bit loud even though it was in the basement. It’s kinda nice that it’s over for a little while. My kids made made the jewelry for my wife, but I didn’t even need to use the precision tip glue gun. I’m hoping something comes up soon that requires precise hot glue placement.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee There's always uses for precise placement of hot glue everywhere. Always.

NEStalgia

Eel

Zuljaras wrote:

@Eel I have a cheap Windows tablet Lenovo Miix 2 8` with Windows 8.1 and it is wonderful for playing Heroes of Might and Magic games and Point and Click adventures.

It can even Run Heroes of Might and Magic 6 with low settings.

Mine is a bit more generic, a Vulcan Challenger 2 EX or something like that. It was something like 60 US dollars. (Which is extremely cheap for a windows 10 tablet here in Mexico).

I tried Farming Simulator 13 and 17 via steam, and while they do run, it’s not optimal. Since the Microsoft store is useless I also tried to install blue stacks to try tinier games, but it was just that slight amount of lag that is enough to be annoying, so I uninstalled it in the end.

I right now I have stardew valley, plants vs zombies, puzzle quest, and a few other small casual games I found for cheap (puzzlers, sudoku, etc). They all run perfectly (though SV needs a controller, of course).

Machinarium seems to run just fine, but for whatever reason it seems to disable the touch screen whenever I open it, so I can’t play without a controller, even though it should be possible.

@bimmy-lee if you need an excuse to use a fancy hot glue gun, I’d recommend watching YouTube. Lots of useless hot glue ideas there!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Oh, well. What did you expect?
He'll always try to sneak in some boy or six pack reference, after all...
On a side note: I noticed there's also some Engrish on the chocolate packaging...

@gcunit So much for square pegs, then. Or are those still the exception?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX You don't want to let love & blooms be happy? Why don't you want blooms to be happy? That's racist against blooms. I'm offended.

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

Guysss I just got Metro Redux for the Switch!!! The official release date is 28th!

Damn what a surprise!

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I read it like: "Let love blooms & be happy", but you already knew that, didn't you? Snowboard-reject...

@Zuljaras Wait, what? How is that possible? Pirate! Put him in the brig! Nintendo's ninjas will be coming for you...

NEStalgia

@NotTelevision "Yeah the great irony"

Huh, for the first time ever, an NL message got sent to my spam filter...just got the notification from this post from my spam monitoring!

Anyway, yep, I absolutely agree with that. It feels like the late 19th century all over again. Much of the same structure. That ended with the WWII tyrants when the masses finally decided to "take it back by any means available." Through that lens, the tyrants and public support of them make a lot of sense. I'd argue they were even necessary, or at least inevitable.

Currently most of the problem is the gains are not coming through employment, at all, but through investment. Sure the rich have 6 figure careerist jobs and most people don't. But that's still not most of their spending money by half. Their spending money is coming from investments. The masses aren't close to being part of that and never will be. All the GDP is, really, through capital gains. Automation, consolidation, and efficiency mean there's really not many people needed to do many jobs, at least of the variety that pay well. And telling everyone to violently compete for the handful of ever more demanding jobs isn't going to work either. Politicians like to talk about "jobs of the future" but never seem to know what those might actually be. They just hope it works itself out, sometime after their tenure.

@ThanosReXXX I think that's how it's intended, but if you look at the actual spacing, it's Let love & blooms be happy, you bloomophobic bigot.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I look at intent, not accidental spacing and/or misplacement of text, 'ya hermit.
No excuses for the poorly English language equipped...

Anti-Matter

Aw, snap!
I have fallen asleep again after felt quite disappointed for delayed Sonic movie 2020 and listening to Whitney Houston songs (covered by Alyona Yarushina) on my bed. 😅
It's already 1.33 am here.
I haven't played any video games on Friday.
Should i play some 3DS game secretly during bedtime ?
Maybe some quirky game Tomodachi Life just for answering the Quirky questions with funny answers.

@ThanosReXXX
I received the chocolate gift from male student (that was exactly happened at my school) and every teachers also got same chocolate gift like picture above. I mentioned the gender to avoid gender confusion. 😁
Oh, the message on that chocolate package made by Delfi Indonesia. I'm sure the branch of Delfi in Indonesia understand about proper English words. 😉

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DannyBoi

I am getting really worried about Nintendo's plans for 2020. They have none.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Nope! I am playing it tonight! I just walked in my local game store and it was displayed! So I got it instantly!

Untitled

Zuljaras

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Whatevs. At least I'm not a bloomophobe out of touch of where we are right now, culturally, regarding our inclusion of blooms.

@Anti-Matter No, that's definitely "Engrish" - it makes no sense and is grammatically inaccurate. I love it when companies don't bother to pay people that actually know a language to translate something they're going to mass produce at great expense.

@DannyBoi
1: Olympic cash in
2: Massive corporate restructuring to benefit short term gains at investor demand.
3: ????
4: PROFIT!

Seriously though I'm sure they do have more game announcements they're readying to counter the PS5/XSEX launch. Though they won't announce them immediately.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic