Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,041 to 39,060 of 96,323

NintendoByNature

During lunch i stopped at a local used music and game shop. This particular store out does most others I've seen. I ended up getting Madden 64 for 1.99 and wcw mayhem for 2.99. So both good deals and they're in great condition ( haven't tested yet tho).

While there I saw banjo kazooie, diddy Kong racing Kirby 64 and smash 64 all Japanese imports. 3 of them we're 5.99 and smash was 9.99. All were in mint condition. I think I read you can't play them on an American console without modding it. Now im wondering if it's something i should do to grab them since they're so cheap.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature I think you'd better check out first how much English text is in these games. I can imagine that Banjo Kazooie will be all but unplayable, because a lot of clues and strategic hints are given away in the conversations with other characters, so if you miss all that because it's in a language that you don't speak, that will take away from the game to a considerable extent.

I think that it would more or less be okay for the other games, seeing as they aren't as text-heavy.

As for actually using JAP/NTSC cartridges on an American system, there's a couple of things you can do:

And here's the video of the option that this YouTuber mentioned last:

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX I thought the same thing. Maybe Kirby, smash and dkr would be ok but banjo would be the tough one. I just checked out a mod you can do that is basically clipping off that tab in your system. It looks kinda shoddy, but it might be worth it. I dk, I guess i have to think about it.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature That would be removing two tabs, actually, and I wouldn't do that, if I were you. Watch those videos, and you'll see the reason against it explained in the first one. If you don't want to exchange parts in your N64, there's also another option that you could go for, which is buying empty replacement cartridge shells, which can quite easily be bought online and come in a million colors, and then you can just remove the innards from the Japanese cartridges and put them in those replacement shells.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature If you’re going Gameshark, look for Gameshark Pro. It gave you the ability to edit stored ram variables in real time. Made my harvest moon farmer eat the rocks to clear fields faster...
Also, BK would be horrendously rough in Japanese once you got to Grunty’s game show quiz.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@HobbitGamer
"Made my harvest moon farmer eat the rocks to clear fields faster..."

Your farmer ate the rocks ??!! 🤪

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

God I hate people sometimes. People are hacking in unreleased Pokemon into Pokemon Sword/Shield and surprise trading them away in order to trick casual players and kids into using them online and getting banned. Anyone here who likes Pokemon or has friends that do, please spread the warning around! Let's fight back against human scum that would go out of their way just to ruin someone's fun!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

Eel wrote:

Depending on the game, you can cook them.

Even you can cook your dog by throw it into the big pot during Harvest Festival and we will have a Dog Stew. 🤣

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

Played a little metroid other m tonight,about an hour or so. Takes some getting used to, but it seems like itll be a fun little metroid game.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Completely forgot to reply earlier...

Yeah, got to keep the really young ones away from precious game devices and apparel. Or, in certain cases, a bit of hands on supervising will suffice, in order to be able to step in when needed...

As for still gaming: if you had told my 18 year old self that I would still be interested in video games, let alone still be playing them, at my current age, then I might have laughed or at the very least frowned at you, wondering if you've lost some of your marbles, because back then, my current age sounded REALLY old and far away...

Oh, well. I guess most of us simply grew up with games, and went along for the ride, when the technology progressed and improved, and as such, gaming also became a bit more mature. Some "fans" of certain franchises unfortunately didn't, but hey, you can't win 'em all, right?

@NintendoByNature Well, if you go for the GameShark, then I hope you can still find one for a decent price, considering they're starting to become a bit rare. Of course, if option 1 is also a good solution for you, then you could always buy some of those replacement shells, so that you don't have to swap cartridge backs all the time. Or perhaps you can find a couple of cheap US cartridges and then swap these shells with the Japanese ones.

As for Other M: there's actually quite a bit of decent gameplay in there. It's just the story and the sometimes cringe-inducing cut scenes that ruin it, so be forewarned...

@Anti-Matter That's not really funny, or actually not funny at all.
Only idiots and animal haters would cook and eat dogs. Screw them! 🐶 🐶 🐶 🤬

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Hey I forgot to ask you in regards to "it's one of the last good and micro-transaction free EA games..." have you played Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning. It reads EA on the front but I think that they are only publisher. A very good game that made another studio close its doors probably due to top management.

It is also backwards compatible on Xbox One and it is very nice last gen game.

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Have I played it? Ha! I actually own it. And completely agreed, it's a great game. Never got to finish it, though. So many games on so many systems, and so little time to play them all in.

And the back log grows and grows...

As for the cooking pets thing: I'd better not get into it any further, because it really infuriates me.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature I really enjoyed Other M! I wouldn’t mind another entry with the same play style.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX On the matter of cooking pets it is really disturbing as I saw that Chinese dog mead festival. I am a meat eater but there is something very wrong with those people. They need to torture the animals before eat them and I do not understand that. Do they believe it adds to the flavour if the poor animal dies in terror? Ugh … At least I know that they banned that festival. But probably it is still practiced in some areas away from the cameras.

We need to talk about such stuff. People need to know.

But if it is that disturbing ok.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Um...
I was talking about making "Dog Stew" during Harvest Festival from Harvest Moon Back to Nature PS1 (probably still exist on GBA and Switch version) 😜
The dog didn't harmed during the Festival.
On the next day, you can pick your dog at Rose Square.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Oh, I completely agree with you about making people aware of such disturbing issues, albeit in general.
I'd like to think that the Chit-Chat thread could be reserved for some more light-hearted topics. That's why most of us come here, after all: to get away from the storm in the various article comments sections. That, and the every day life and work-related stress inducers...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic