Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,021 to 39,040 of 96,526

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I'm already there, being the cool and crazy uncle. Kids in my family and circle of friends really love that I'm still so into video games and all that, and I also like to entertain people, either by doing funny voices or imitations, and just like with the adults, I always have comedy on my mind, so I'm nearly always able to get a laugh out of someone.

@bimmy-lee Yeah, I got that already. The couple hundred bucks I mentioned was what it'd cost me for the trip.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Oh, you should get it. I still have my copy of that game, and it is pretty damn good. It has a really cool story, great graphics and colorful and inventive environments, and some really great end bosses. Far as I'm concerned, it's one of the last good and micro-transaction free EA games...

I don't know if you're determined to find a physical copy or not, but if you're okay with digital, it's only 15 euros on the Xbox Marketplace.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX 100% physical copy I will find it pretty cheap I am sure. From time to time it pops in my second-hand site (something like a local ebay). But I am sure I can find a cheap copy on Ebay as well.

Although I have it on PSP physical but the graphics and some of the features are not 100% the same.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras I can imagine. I didn't even know it was on there. Must have been quite a downgrade in graphics, seeing as a PSP is basically a portable PS2 light.

EDIT:
Well, that's a pretty decent price.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Actually it is pretty decent for a PSP game. The gameplay is 1 on 1 with the PS3/Xbox 360 BUT there are less skills, no relics, no absolution mini game and NO Divine Armor.

You play it there for the action and for the story. After all they managed to get ALL of that on the little UMD disc.

However I bet that it would look damn good on the One X.

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, it's actually backwards compatible, but I "only" have a One S, so I wouldn't know how much better it would look on a One X.

And I can imagine it still looked decent enough, regardless of the downgrade, on the PSP. And the smaller screen obviously also helped. It's basically what the Switch is now also making good use of, with quite a few titles...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I'm a kid at heart! I do adult tasks of course (henceforth referred to as "adulting") and know how important many of them are, but I get little to no joy from performing them besides the feeling of relief when they're finished. While I've considered stepping back a bit from gaming to allow for other hobbies/interests, I don't think (at least at this point in my life) that I could fully give it up. It's a big part of my identity. It saddens me that some out there "grow out of" gaming. It's easily an activity for all ages.

But nope, I have no issue spoiling (to a point) and interacting with kids, particularly in my own family. Some of my cousins already have their own little ones, but the ones I see a lot of are a bit young for the controller right now.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Zuljaras

I am at it again. This time I am thinking of making some mythological creatures. My first stop is a Cyclops.

Untitled
Untitled

I am making the head. He is squinting at something. I imagine the cyclops to be the helpers of Hephaestus the Smith God since they are resistant to the heat of his furnace.

He will be a craftsman.

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, this is getting kind of old to say, but it does look good once again. I'm curious to see the fully painted version. I do hope you'll try and use a bit of that shading/highlighting and dry brushing that we discussed earlier.

So, mythological creatures, huh? I can't wait for the inevitable Medusa, which might pose a bit more of a challenge to your skills...

Zuljaras

@Eel Nah I have a pretty scary pose for the medusa. Not those poses with medusa using a Bow.

But to be fair it might not be medusa but one of her sisters Euryale or Stheno. Medusa is overused. Also she is the one with the bow.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras To be absolutely clear: just because I said I'm curious to see the finished version, doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your the "making of" photo series...

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Nah, it's a bit like getting a gift, but not having enough patience to wait and find out what's inside. But I'll try to restrain myself...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic