Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,901 to 38,920 of 96,317

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer for sure. Crock pot is the way to go to soften it. Only way I can eat it.
@ThanosRexxx at the daddy daughter dance with my daughter and low and behold; baby shark comes on 😣. I Can't escape it.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Just start singing it loud and flat. Embrace it by trolling.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yeah, so it would seem. Only of late, though. Never had any issues with them in the previous 48,5 years.

But hey, at least I either crash inside a vehicle, or against an immobile object. Other people might have been flying over the hood of a car or something when they speed run across the street to catch a bus, so maybe my accidents aren't even that bad in comparison...

@NintendoByNature Ah.... it IS everywhere, isn't it? When I say I actually DO feel your pain, then it's because I had to laugh a little when I read your comment, and in my current condition, that's kind of a mixed bag of trying not to laugh too physically and bracing for the inevitable pain spike...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Sorry, I must've jinxed it! XD Besides some of the tunes though, I hope you have a great time! Or at least that your daughter has a fun time, anyway.

@ThanosReXXX Maybe you've displeased the metallic bus deities. I've heard they like extra change and some polish.

True, at least you don't seem to have the life of a (very) unfortunate stunt performer. Maybe you should take up stunt training, do some side work?

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, with so many ways to prepare ribs, I always like hearing people’s methods. I prefer pork ribs, though beef are great too, and I’ve pretty much adopted my father in law’s method of an oven bake followed by a hot grill to finish them off and char up the sauce and fat. Midwinter though, I’ll just do the crock and let them cook all day. So good. Man, now I really want ribs.

@HobbitGamer - Love some Sweet Baby Rays. Lots of sugar, so it’s perfect for ribs. Hope you enjoyed. Watch those bones, it’s one of the few items that will make my dog dig in the trash if I leave the door cracked. They make him crazy, and the pork bones are so sharp, it’s like he’s eating barbecue knives.

@ThanosReXXX - Brutal. No laughing or coughing, and definitely no sneezing. I hope it heals up quick. You might try sleeping in a chair if you can pull it off. Sometimes that helps. Otherwise there’s not much to do with the ole ribs but wait it out. I’m with you on the opioids. I hate them and the way they make me feel, and I reserve them for emergencies. An extra stiff B&C can take the edge off a bit and help with sleep.

@Tyranexx - Whelp, I’m officially in broken record mode now (if I wasn’t before), but you’re in for a treat. Both when you experience the music in game, and also when you allow yourself to listen to the OST.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I shouldn't be laughing. But I'm laughing. You with the buses. Always with the buses. You see? These things wouldn't happen if you just took a train.....

But yeah, like i mentioned last time, i know too well the bruised rib feeling.... Hit a steel bolt and the edge of a row of cinder blocks. Even years later if i sleep the wrong way I can feel it a little.

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea I get it. I had quite a few kids my age on the block so we all got along. I don't fault you for fb at all, thats why my wife is still on it too. I just got tired of alot of people posting stuff about 5 years ago so i just ended it. I get why people are on it though. And we have a wonderful time! Lots of off tune dancing but we loved it! Lol
. @HobbitGamer who says i didn't? 😜
@thanosrexxx just can't hide from it. Hope the ribs get better

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea I'm with you. If I still had my smoker I'd go that route. But until then, crock pot it is. It's so easy that way.

NintendoByNature

Ninfan

The wonderful 101, totally, 100%, tried to copy viewtiful joe , I'd just buy viewtiful Joe. Viewtiful joe has loads of replay in it and it's one of the best games ever released. You can get it for €20. It was €200 on release around 16 years ago. I never played wonderful 101 but looked at gameplay on you tube. It doesn't look any good either

Ninfan

NintendoByNature

@Ninfan wonderful 101.

On a side note. I finally fired up unravel 2 today. I think I bought it back In the black Friday sale, so im glad I finally got to dust it off. First impressions, very fun and easy gameplay, and stunning visuals.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

I need to find time at some point to make my essay long post on why Wii was actually the best Nintendo console.

I don't definitively have a favorite Nintendo console anymore, but I do think I have a strong case for the Wii. And I love going against the many flawed arguments against the system people had.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NEStalgia

@Ninfan Isn't 101 just Kamiyas spiritual sequel to Viewtuful Joe that Capcom never let him make?

NEStalgia

Ninfan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I need to find time at some point to make my essay long post on why Wii was actually the best Nintendo console.

I don't definitively have a favorite Nintendo console anymore, but I do think I have a strong case for the Wii. And I love going against the many flawed arguments against the system people had.

@kkslider5552000 I don't want shatter your dreams of disagree ( I know you don't like anyone disagreeing with you ) but I don't think there was are will ever be a better console than gamecube ( or the first PlayStation ). I had wii and gave it to Someone . I just got another one last year to play all the light gun games. The games on gamecube were brilliant I had 590 of them and I didn't need any online play with them and there is loads of replayability with 100's of them. I just thought I'd say this. Did you have gamecube. Look forward to your essay👍

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Ninfan

NEStalgia wrote:

@Ninfan Isn't 101 just Kamiyas spiritual sequel to Viewtuful Joe that Capcom never let him make?

@NEStalgia I'm not sure, but I don't think it's great. From looking at the gameplay on you tube i didn't think it looked any good.

Ninfan

NotTelevision

@kkslider5552000 Look forward to your thoughts. I think people paint a broad brush and say all games that used the motion controls were gimmicky. Madworld is probably the most straight up fun game Platinum has ever made, but it would lose almost all it’s appeal without the motion controls. That’s just one example of many.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision i recently checked out Madworld on Amazon. Never played it back in the day but I might give it a shot. I think a new copy was like 16 bucks or something.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Oh, I still totally plan to play through BotW when the time is right; I've waited this long, what's a few more months?

@NintendoByNature Nothing wrong with making memories, even if it's to an off-tune earworm song.

To be honest, I don't spend much time on Facebook these days; I check my notifications (if any) daily, but unless I have a moment or two to spare I often don't invest much time into it. The only exceptions that I go out of my way to read sometimes are posts from a couple of close friends, some family, and lately the updates on a teen I kinda know who's dealing with the aftermath of a horrible accident.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

kkslider5552000

Ninfan wrote:

I don't want shatter your dreams of disagree ( I know you don't like anyone disagreeing with you ) but I don't think there was are will ever be a better console than gamecube ( or the first PlayStation ).

I only dislike people disagreeing with me when its obviously stupid. Otherwise, its a gimmick (and one I rarely even do anymore tbh).

that being said, Wii being able to play GCN games is relevant to my point. If it didn't, there's a good chance I would choose GCN instead tbh.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic