Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,881 to 38,900 of 96,298

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX well im excited for that. I'm anxiously awaiting bayo3 and W101 might tide me over. Some good ol netta in W101 aught to put a smile on my face 😉

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, my friend, it seems that I'm going to have to disappoint you for the time being, because my D&D figurines weren't stored where I thought they were, so right now, I've got no idea where I put them.
I'll have to do a more thorough search and hope I might still stumble upon them, but because they weren't where I expected them to be, that might be quite the chore.

And if they're not hidden away somewhere in one of the rooms of my fourth floor apartment, then they must be in my storage room, which is in the basement, and I'm not in any rush to go and clear the dust and spiderwebs from all the stuff stored in that dark dungeon, just to find a couple of figurines...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature And there's two more Bayonetta characters in there as well, so PlatinumGames fans are really getting their money's worth. Or fan service worth...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX No worries! It would be terrible to go through all of this just to show figures that are stored under (probably) mountains of other stuff.

Also it would be a nice change to NOT hear about six pack "mouth-watering" stuff for some time!

HobbitGamer

Anyway.
I can finally hear completely out of my ears again. And my dilated eyes are back to normal. Nothing like leaving the office and starting the weekend on a high note. Gonna cook some ribs tonight.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter How could I what? Make a joke? Quite easily, and with much joy, I can tell you.

You gotta learn to be able to take a bit of a pun every now and then, and have some thicker skin, otherwise you'll always end up on the bottom of the pit in life, feeling sorry for yourself, when there's absolutely no reason for you to do so. It's just a joke, so grow up, grow a backbone and move on.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Speaking of ribs: I recently busted mine, in a minor accident. I've been walking around with a rib brace around my chest for little over a week now. Sleeping is an absolute b...., especially when I wake up and find I've rolled onto the wrong side of my body again, making getting out of bed quite the painful experience.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Oof, rib pain is disgusting. Did I miss something, did you have an accident, or issues with your spine where they attach?

@NintendoByNature - I saw it through, it was a fun season, but I’m glad to get a bunch of free time back for hobbies. My Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights are taken up during the season. I’ve already started several projects. I don’t know how they selected the XFL teams, but just leaving STL to cover the entire Midwest is a little weird. It seems crazy for Chicago to not have a team. I’m not sure if I’ll watch, maybe a background sort of thing. I like how they’re doing extra points, there’s no kicking, and there are tiers for points. I watched the original season back in the day, but I was in college then and it fit my lifestyle perfectly. Dude, the first thought I had when I read Hobbit’s post was, “I wonder how he cooks ribs?”

@Tyranexx - Yeah, OSTs are perfect for the exact reason you mentioned, they’re made to fill in as background noise to the point that the best of them feel barely there. It’s part of the reason I love the music in BOTW. It feels almost like it’s not present in the game, but if you listen to the OST; it’s actually full of killer music, it’s just very judicious about how it’s used in the game.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

alpacatears

@NEStalgia the eye dilation can be a real pain but for my orthoptic tests it's completely necessary. I have a lazy eye so the dilation was needed to help the brain to stop defaulting to my strong eye and it helps them to more accurately observe how the eye wanders minus the effects of specific focusing.
Overall, it's usually not needed for routine tests so I fully agree with you there but in some cases it's a necessary evil 😊

alpacatears

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea for sure. Ill prob tune in. They got Some big time-ish names (Landry Jones, Marc trestman-head coach) In the league. And yea the extra pt thing is sweet. I remember watching the original back in the day too. "He Hate Me".. And all the other good stuff. I'd love to know how he does his ribs. Especially being from the south

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter Sometimes I think you just misunderstand intent. All of us here poke fun and jab each other.... It's a fun place and that's what friends do, so long as it's all in jest and fun. Thanos knew you meant Bayonetta and was poking you a bit. You could say he was giving you a rib....................

@ThanosReXXX ok seriously wtf is it with you and ribs? . Is this an annual thing by tradition, is is it a rite of passage or what?

@alpacatears Oh, definitely something that's being done for a specific purpose to resolve a specific defined problem makes sense! It's just when they go causing problems to find new problems you weren't even looking for that i object.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Dood, that sucks! What did you do??

@NintendobyNature @bimmy-lee normally I’d slow cook them on the grill, but I’m out of propane. So they’re wrapped in the oven for a good 2 1/2 hours on 220*. Slathered some Lowry’s seasoning and Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce on ‘em first. Can’t wait.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer nice, as good a cook as i am, and even a decent grill master, I've never been good at cooking ribs. Then again I'm sure it has to do with the quality of the rib too.

I used to just grill or put them in the oven, and last time I completely changed it up. I put them in the crock pot after a dry rub of spicy seasoning (ground red pepper, paprika, garlic powder, mustard powder and chili powder). Over the top I sprinkled brown sugar and put orange juice at the bottom. After about 6 or 7 hours i took them out and put them in the oven for about 5 min on each side to brown a bit. Turned out to be the best I've made.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Oh man, I totally forgot I’ve used the ole crock pot. Hands down, that’s my favorite way. The fleshy bits just slide right off the bone and into my mouth mashers. I’m hungry.
I’ve gotta swap tanks tomorrow (only $19 here), because I did much better with home cooking when I grilled almost nightly. But it’s balanced a little since I’ve been eating oatmeal every work morning for two weeks. I don’t have the need to snack of money wasting junk, haha.

#MudStrongs

Vinny

mario on the ps4
luigi on the xbox one

WAHOO

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yes it is disgusting. Also because other than an elastic brace, there's nothing else you can do about this injury, and almost everything you do results in a pain spike.

As mentioned in my previous comment to @HobbitGamer, it was somewhat of a minor accident. As @NEStalgia already so rightfully noted, of late, rib injuries seem to be par for the course for me, as well as buses being involved. Remember last year, when I got slammed into a metal bar inside a bus? Well, this time, I was outside, running for the bus, but I somehow lost my footing, and slammed full speed into the side of the bus stop, which over here consist of a metal beam construct with iron-glass panes. So, regardless of my speed and mass (little over 200lbs) the glass didn't break, so the energy of the impact slammed right back into me.

Last year I actually broke the rib, this time it's "only" bruised, but the feeling is pretty much the same. And as it so happens, it's the exact same rib as well...

Oh, well. In a week or 4 - 5, it'll be all better again. Until then, I'll be walking around with an elastic rib brace. Something I didn't even have last time, so at least I'm slightly better off. It does help with moving around, getting up from seats, and sleeping, even though it only dampens the pain. And I've stopped taking the pain killers, because they don't work and they make me drowsy, so I'm living through the full experience right now...

@NEStalgia P.S.

You think he SOMETIMES misses intent? I'd sooner say that he nearly always misses it. Now, I don't know if that's because of his autism or because of his origins, because humor/comedy is obviously different in various countries and/or areas, but I usually hope that when I plaster my comment with a whole bunch of smileys, especially at the end of it, that it will be clear regardless of that. I guess not...

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature The town I grew up near was VERY small (<1000 people), and everyone knew everybody. I'm sure my parents would have let me wander around in town if we had actually lived in it as long as I was home by a certain time and told them what I was doing/where I was going. I grew up in the woods a couple of miles away instead; we had neighbors close enough to walk to, but barring one house (very little interest there as I got older, plus my parents didn't approve of those kids....they tended to get me in some trouble), the rest had kids way above or below my age group.

I'm not on social media barring Facebook and LinkedIn, and I wouldn't even have bothered with the latter if it wasn't a good job-searching tool. I'd love to close my Facebook account, but unfortunately it's the only way I stay in contact with some people and is also the tool of choice for haunted house communications. I much prefer instant messaging tools/servers like Discord and Slack.

@bimmy-lee I've intentionally stayed away from BotW's soundtrack for the most part, minus the main theme that played in trailers before the game was even released. Like with previous Zelda tunes - those definitely find their way onto my rotation - I like to discover the new ones and be pleasantly surprised. The only exception is Majora's Mask; I'm pretty sure I listened to the entire OST a few hundred times before playing the game. That was back before we knew the 3DS entry officially existed.

@HobbitGamer Man, I LOVE ribs! Stop making me hungry! Seriously though, I hope you enjoy them; after getting the peepers dilated, they need to devour some pleasing visuals.

@ThanosReXXX I'm starting to think that you and buses don't exactly mix....

Seriously though, I hope you get to feeling better soon! I've never broken any bones (yet), but I've sure bruised a couple and know what a hyperextension feels like.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic