Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,841 to 38,860 of 39,902

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX sounds about right. I have had quite a few traffic violations though, which aren't fun either. Usually they're pricey. And sometimes, they're taken from a street camera which is always fun 😣. Those cameras dont take things like speed of people behind You, road conditions, etc. So it's pretty bogus when you think about it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-5367-2536-4308

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX @NintendoByNature - The town I grew up in was so small that we didn’t have a police force, but everyone knew everyone, and my mom always got a call if someone saw us out and about doing bad stuff. She usually knew before we even got back home, and she’d be waiting to hit us with the dreaded, “Just wait until your dad gets home tonight and finds out about THIS.” Day ruined. I had little old lady neighbors on each side and across the street, and they called my mom on us daily when we were off during summer break. If there had been actual police, I definitely would have found myself scared and in handcuffs at some point.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee ah...the old neighbor factor. Yea, I had a couple of those myself. When we would have a sleepover at my house, during spring/summer/some of fall, we would camp out on the trampoline. We had a big one that could fit a good 5-6 of us. It made for a perfect excuse to sneak out at night. No need to sneak around, open doors, etc. It was really a perfect set up for us. Usually just resulted in the typical ding dong ditch, meet up with girls, explore. All in good fun though.

Oh and the dreaded " wait til your dad gets home" saying still haunts me. I remember it being said weekly. Me and my bro would always wrestle and break stuff. We've talked about this in the past, but i was a big wwf fan. So you can imagine me getting fireman carried by my big brother into a stand that holds a vase or other object.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Haha, trampoline camping sounds amazing! You were really conquering life as a young buck doing that. A cool, weird place to sleep that also allows sneaking off for night time mischief, that’s as good as it gets. I’m positive that being out at night when you’re young is the same thrill as drinking during the day when you’re an adult. NBN 3:16 says “I just broke mom’s vase”, and that’s the bottom liiiiine, because NBN said so.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

Happy Chinese New Year, guys !
Untitled
This year is Golden Rat year.
I will go to the nearest Chinese temple to pray for good fortune during year 2020.

Edit: Here we go again. 😅
The low economic kids and women are starting to wait outside of my nearest Chinese temple, hoping for peoples like me (Indonesian Chinese peoples) give them some Hong Bao.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee bahahah more or less. Usually when something broke, everyone scattered like cocroaches. If we weren't in the room, there's no way we could've broken it 😅.

The bottom line was usually brought out during the trampoline wrestling matches.. It was the perfect amount of bounce to perform a Val Venus Money Shot. Or a Dudley boys 3D with 2 other guys lol

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Oh yeah, there was nothing better than doing karate or wrestling moves on a trampoline. Someone always ended up getting destroyed though. My friend’s aunt had an old school trampoline that was ground level with a pit dig out underneath it, and we would go crazy. I saw so many kids get hurt on it. One time my friend was going to do a pretend jump kick, but of course ended up just jump kicking the other kid right in the mouth. He had braces, and it was a disaster. His mouth looked like spaghetti.

@Anti-Matter - Happy new year to you, hopefully it’s full of good fortune. Spread that Hong Bao around a bit, the seeds of good karma are worth more than gold.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

This was by far the busiest Friday I'd dealt with at work in awhile. At least I got a lot done. Thankfully I have absolutely nothing going on tomorrow. Other than a little bit of obligatory adulting that won't take long, I'm declaring a veg day. This week has been nuts!

I've never been arrested or even ticketed, but there have definitely been a few times when I deserved the latter (mostly speeding). There are a few traffic cameras around here, but nothing to the effect that are found near/in large cities. I've seen the inside of a courtroom twice, though I wasn't the one on trial; we attended a small claims/violations court session when I was in Driver's Ed. in high school, and the other time involved being drafted on jury duty for a civil trial. Thankfully I got out during the selection process. I really hated that experience; I hate being put on the spot in a group of people I'm unfamiliar with.

@ThanosReXXX Thanks! Some days like today get pretty hectic, so I'm not always able to keep an eye on the forums. It partially depends on how quickly I get through the news on the main site, but I normally don't get to the forums until early afternoon here at the earliest.

@bimmy-lee Getting Gordon'd sounds like an interesting experience for sure!

@Anti-Matter Happy New Year!

Currently playing: Dragon Quest VIII (3DS), Ori and the Blind Forest (Switch), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer The worst is over by this point. I hope everything went well! Hopefully you're more comfortable with presentations than I am.

Btw, I tried the Katamari Damacy demo and loved it. The controls took a minute or two to click, but after that I had a blast! The game is delightfully quirky.

Currently playing: Dragon Quest VIII (3DS), Ori and the Blind Forest (Switch), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Glad you enjoyed some Damacy. The music is what really hooked me on the series, I hope we’ll get other entries.

I survived. But I’m clearly brain wiped, because I’ve died 9 times in Witcher this evening. I’ll veg out with live Pd and running the markets, I think now.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx @Sunsy @bimmy-lee @NintendoByNature
Thank you guys. 😀

BTW, I have visited my nearest Chinese Temple Cokroaminoto to pray for great fortune during year 2020. I quickly prayed over there due to thick smokes intensity from Hio Sua / incense sticks. 😫 (my eyes...)
As usual, there were some low economic kids and females waiting outside for Free money given from us even though they will almost never get any from us. 😅
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter You're welcome. BTW, the pics look nice, really a nice looking temple.

Sunsy

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer I went ahead and ordered Katamari while getting a baby shower gift. It's in the mail already and should arrive early next week. Loved the music as well!

Sometimes vegging is all we can stand and/or need lol.

@Anti-Matter I really like those photos. I like seeing architecture in other parts of the world. 😁

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter very cool pictures.

@Tyranexx @bimmy-Lee @Hobbitgamer finished RE5 tonight so I made the jump to Hyrule Warriors. Played the 1st map and i can tell it's going to be alot of fun. Love all the zelda sounds, enemies, items etc. Really does a good job feeling like a zelda game. The only thing that concerns me is that they seem to throw alot of tutorial dialogue at you right away and for a good while. Hoping as time goes on the game is still easy enough to understand and used to. Anytime I see quite a bit of dialogue and early on, it usually worries me.

All and all, think ill be in for a good ride.

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Did you ever TP someone’s house? I don’t think it is as popular now as it was when we were in middle/high school, but that became an annual sleepover tradition. One time we did the TP plus ding-dong ditch and had my reading teacher knocking on my parents door at 3 a.m. That was a bad night 😂

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision oh for sure, dude. TP was a must. I was a little $%&+ head if im being fully honest but I never took it too far lol. We usually did some water balloons at things, stink bombs, bottle rockets, nothing too crazy but there was always a roll of TP somewhere by the end of the night.

Re: the teacher ahaha. She must've bad it coming i assume? It's always good knowing where a teacher lives. Especially one whos rather mean and cruel.

Eel

(Looks at Anti Matters pics)

Great, now I want an iced coffee.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Woomy_NNYes

@NotTelevision speaking of mischief, i was watching my 7th grade nice around Christmas, and she asked if she could go "caroling" with her friend at 9pm. I instantly thought that sounded dubious. So, I asked my brother (her dad) in a text, is she for real? I thought for sure she was trying to pull something. Nope. It's actually what they do in the neighborhood past 11pm. Im still amazed she was sincere.

Edited on by Woomy_NNYes

Playing: Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Trials Rising.
FC: SW-5453-2229-5124 (I accept friend requests if you say Hi)
Usr: Anderiah, Van Homan, chair
Eastern US
My avatar origin: https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap190708.html

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic