Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,821 to 38,840 of 96,523

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Oh, I know it's annoying enough alright. Once I heard it, I spent several weeks getting trying to get "babyshark tutududutuduu" out of my head. It popped up in my brain at the most random of moments. Talk about an ear worm...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Funny. Sounds like a taste of the pure random tunes that pop into my own head without warning, usually from seemingly unrelated things....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

Did someone say baby shark?! Oh jeez, thats constantly blasting in my house 😣. We've got baby shark books, clothes, and even cereal!! Yes you heard me right. My youngest loves it. I'm forced to love it lol.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Just hit 'em with a badger-badger and see how they like that...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX lol. I actually just started putting on shows i liked as a kid that i can tolerate at my age now( original teenage mutant ninja turtles movie from 90? And its sequel). I just can't watch some of those shows anymore that he wants to watch. He gets til 7pm then I've had enough.

Last night I ended up putting on dinner for schmucks, which I haven't watched in 10 years maybe. I forgot how good it was. And the scene where Steve carrells character was throwing wine bottle all over the place actually had him laughing so hard. Hes so young that all the other stuff doesn't mean anything to him, but Steve carrells voice and the way he acts is good enough to make him bust out laughing, so it's all good.

Hopefully, we can have that on repeat for the next 3 month's like we did we baby shark 😂

Edit: At a McDonald's and the little kid next to me on her mom's phone, guess what she's blasting?? BABY SHARK

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Vinny

It's kinda amusing (and kinda bad also, haha) to see how Nintendo honored the 3DS GBA ambassator exclusivity until the end.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Sorry! I can barely tolerate the tune when I hear it once in awhile. Hearing it blast on repeat many hours a day must be borderline torture sometimes.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Aw, man. I feel your pain...
Perhaps you should have let the shark take a swim in a super-sized soda.

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Yeah, I guess you do. And I suppose in some ways it's slightly better than hearing someone next to you chomping noisily on a burger or slurping up their soda...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

My kids sing Baby Shark and they’ve never even seen the show or anything. The song passes along like a virus. Like Disney. My daughter was pretending to be Disney princesses before she had ever seen a movie, show, or book about them. I think all this kind of stuff comes pre downloaded in the new models.

@Tyranexx - Yeah, I don’t really watch much of the ASMR videos outside of my initial foray a year or so ago for intel when I became aware of the entire thing. I do like what Nintendo and other creative entities can do with it though. I’m not into the long videos of people just making noises, but I kind of like stuff like the Pokémon video. My kids would zone right out if I showed them that video.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee "I think all this kind of stuff comes pre downloaded in the new models."

It's the magical unicorn hive mind that all kids have, and which slowly disappears over time when we grow older...

P.S.

Forget about ASMR, man. That's SO 2018. I don't know why it keeps coming back, but apparently, there's a die-hard group that likes it. Oh, well...

Did I ever tell you about the "Hysterical Literature" videos filmed and directed by the artist Clayton Cubitt?
Artsy videos in moody black & white. Now those are pure art, albeit with a naughty and/or unexpected twist. So don't watch them at work. Or when you're babysitting the kids. Or when your wife is home. Or when you're not in a soundproof and windowless room...

Not that you'll actually see something explicit in them, it's just the sound that's above PG rated. If you haven't seen any of them yet, then I won't spoil the plot of them, but suffice to say that initially, you don't really know what the heck is going on, until it's going, or rather: coming... (ah, drat. Gave it away after all)

If your curiosity ultimately gets the best of you, then be sure to take a look at sessions 1, 3, 9 and 12. Although obviously, that's my personal opinion, and as with everything, tastes may vary.

You can find the videos on Clayton Cubitts' own channel on YouTube. (and the fact that they're still on there, should already tell you enough concerning them not being any kind of over the edge or prohibited stuff)

@Anti-Matter Legendary song? Legendary in absence apparently, because luckily, I've never heard of it.
I honestly tried to give it a fair shot for once, but I had to stop the video before 50 seconds were gone, because it sounded so horrible, that I really couldn't listen to it any longer than that. The "special effects" were also something to behold. Almost like they were lifted straight from a 1980's PC game...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - It certainly is a magical kingdom of the mind when we’re young. I think we can get it back at the end, when the circle is nearly complete. We come all the way back around to seeing the magic again for a short while.

Yeah, I don’t love ASMR videos or anything, just pleasing noises and the super hifi sound quality in some of them, especially when the sounds seem to go in and out of making a rhythm, like the Pokémon video. I like the squishy sounds. A friend of mine sent me one of the Hysterical Literature videos, and I saw a few of them. It is pretty hysterical, I laughed at myself after the first one due to how long it took me to realize, vaguely, what was actually happening.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

Is this what NintendoLife is devolving to? Now that Pokemon Sword and Shield are out and people spent literally months and months raging about it (some even still are), the cloud save thing for Animal Crossing is the new "We must hate Nintendo for SOMETHING"? Is this going to become a trend from now on? With each big release we have to latch on to something to be outraged over?

I guess those people on the news talking about "outrage culture" meant this sort of thing.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I suppose that's a necessary adaptation to have. Parents are forced to develop a resilience that I appreciate to some of the most annoying things that some kids seem to like lol.

@bimmy-lee ASMR done right like you're describing would probably be more my speed. Part of the reason I listen to video game music at work most of the time is because it's easier to work along with tunes like that vs. normal songs with lyrics. I sometimes alternate between the two styles depending on what I'm doing though.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yep, that pretty much describes my feelings when a friend of mine sent me my first link to these videos. As it was playing, I WhatsApped him asking him why the hell he sent me this weird crap, and he simply replied: "just wait and you'll see"...

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, sad, isn't it? I can't speak for everyone, but these are the kinds of people that I'm talking about when talking about a certain generation. We've had some discussions about it in the past, but I'm just referring to this to emphasize that I don't put ALL of the people of that generation on one big heap, but it DOES seem to be a thing nowadays. Complainers have always existed and will probably always exist, but this age of social media and internet has only made it worse, and as such, it really blossomed after my generation, or in the mid-section after my generation.

Mind you, it's not like there weren't any tools or neanderthals in my generation or the ones before that, it's just that they now pop up and manifest themselves much faster and wider, "thanks" to the worldwide web.

Everything needs to be judged, dissected, weighed, deemed appropriate "in this day and age" or not, and every word we utter might possibly be used against us in some shape or form. And let's not forget accidentally looking at someone too long, or God forbid: give them an unsolicited compliment. At times, all of this both really confuses and angers me at the same time. Sometimes I think that it might get to a point that most if not all of us would rather stay safely at home, tucked away behind our keyboards, being angry at what the world has become, or is becoming.

Oh, well. Let's just hope that some things will slowly fizzle out and we get an upsurge of positivity at some point again. I always look towards what IS possible and what CAN be achieved, instead of at the opposite. Gotta keep some hope for my own future and the future of mankind left, otherwise I might just as well get off this train a bit earlier than my allotted time...

@Eel That feeling when someone who has been a member of the site for barely three months, throws in the towel, for the plain and simple reason that he can't take being addressed in a negative manner for being a rather devout Nintendo fan. What a cry baby... (shakes head)

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX I'm still not convinced that it's a generation thing. Because I've seen this sort of need to be mad at something from people from across the generational range. I think it has more to do with the way positivity gets drown out by all the negativity on social media/the internet in general. Like you said, we've had this sort of conversation before. But in all honesty, I think that Pokemon Sw/Sh warpped this site. When I was finally thinking that the endless stream of negativity had died down, now people are latching onto this new Animal Crossing cloud save "controversy".

I actually ignored a bunch of people over the Pokemon thing because every time I saw their comments it was just the same complaining and attacking people for not agreeing. It's almost like the more I like a game, the more I need to avoid forums and comments talking about it because there's a, probably coincidental, correlation between my excitement for the game, and internet backlash...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic