Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,801 to 38,820 of 96,504

Tyranexx

It's been some time since I've watched The Onion on YT. It's an awesome parody source.

@ThanosReXXX I do indeed thrive on the pulling of legs and arms, but I refuse to pull fingers. Thank an uncle for that.

I'm one of those dry humor, punny, metaphorical humor types.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Ah, the old "pull my finger" gag...
Yeah, I know all about that from an uncle too. That and other finger jokes, like a wet finger in your ear and such. Old-timers and their weird sense of humor...

Well, if you're the metaphorical type, then you'll definitely appreciate the "bokkepootjes" (goat legs) from the Dutch bakery...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Believe it or not, I wanna try the goat legs the most since they have such an interesting name.

Thankfully I've never the wet finger in the ear done. I'm not sure what that's called in your neck of the woods, but I've heard them referred to as wet willies.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, usually, the Dutch are pretty literal, so they'll often just call it "wet finger in the ear", but in some areas, I have heard of it being referred to as ""ear worm". Kinda gross as well, but still better than the idea of any other wet appendages close to my ear, though...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

kkslider5552000

Well I spent a few days in the hospital, so that was a thing. In hindsight, I shouldn't have tried to beat that level of Doom that day...

Hospital food is overhated. They had pancakes!

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Heavyarms55

@kkslider5552000 After years and years of a reputation of being terrible, I'm not surprised that some hospitals have improved their food.

Since you're apparently out, I'm happy for ya! Hope you're back to 100%

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

kkslider5552000

65% but whatever. Needing to take an uber was gonna minimize the point of going to work this week anyway :V

and I'm not kidding btw, I noticed some pain but avoided it to go to the basement partially to beat a level of Doom 4. The real hell would've been being stuck there for 8+ hours unable to move if I hadn't found a clever way to get an ambulance.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Heh, fair point. I could see where "ear worm" would be a good description there, though I've only heard it used locally to describe a contagious song that you can't get out of your head.

@kkslider5552000 I've never yet had an overnight hospital stay (barring when I was born), but I've had some hospital food before. It was fairly decent.

I'm glad you're out now and on the mend!

ThanosReXXX

Anyone else also annoyed by the umpteenth upcoming change on YouTube?
Every damn video I open now has this incessant message bar stating:
"This version of YouTube is going away soon. Switch to the new YouTube"

As if this version isn't already bad enough. I already had to add a script to my Tampermonkey add-on to get rid of the previous "improvements", and now they're pushing it again. Changes for the sake of changes, with no real, tangible improvements for the majority of users...
Looks more like keeping people at Google busy because they've got nothing useful to do in certain periods of the year, or something...

@kkslider5552000 The same could be said about airplane food. It does depend on the price of your flight, though. And I'm pretty sure that there's also differences between hospitals and the quality of the food they offer.

P.S.

Don't leave us hanging concerning the clever way you got an ambulance and escaped the basement.
Spill the beans, man!

@Tyranexx Well, we also know that one, and it is indeed used for the exact thing you described.
Speaking of musical ear worms:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

gcunit

Any PC Wizards out there?

I've got a USB stick with bit-locker encrypted files on it using a Windows 10 PC.

I'm trying to access those files on a Windows 7 PC, but when I insert the stick and enter the password encryption I get an error, the text of which suggests a file system issue or corruption.

Have I got myself just a standard USB corruption on my hands, or is there some incompatibility between the two operating systems, particularly when using Bitlocker?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

gcunit

@ThanosReXXX Thank you very much for the effort, but I think all those links deal with accessing files on Win10.

I'm on Win7, trying to access files written by someone else who was using Win10.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit Ah, I seem to have misread your comment. The other way around, then. Might also be part of the problem, I suppose.

You could still try to use BitLocker to Go, seeing as that should be self-contained on the USB drive, so the Operating System shouldn't matter. Well, theoretically, at least. But you could give it a go and see what it gets you.

Here's a Windows 7 specific topic, but if that's of no use, then you could still use that forum to find your specific issue, or to ask the pros on that board. They know far more than me about these things.
https://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/399092-unlocking-...
You can subscribe for free, and then ask/post your question.

I actually also use Windows 7, but I don't use BitLocker, so this is about as far as my knowledge on that particular program goes.

EDIT:
It just dawned on me that you can also use another solution to easily find out if the problem lies with the USB drive: let the other person upload the files to Google Drive or WeTransfer to see if you actually can access them in that way. If so, then it's indeed the USB drive, if not, then there's some incompatibility issue between Windows 7 and 10 in combination with and/or where it concerns using BitLocker.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I'm skipping the Badger Song as I know what'll happen, but I believe you linked Trolling Saruman before; I listened to it even! XD

Gimli: "I've heard enough!"

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yes I did, I actually posted both videos before. The badger song even multiple times. It's SO good...

bimmy-lee

Anyone else play that Pokémon ASMR video thinking they’d watch, maybe, 10 seconds of it only to find themselves startled when the video ends?

@ThanosReXXX - I’ll not allow your mind memes access again. They shall not pass!

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Never listen to Baby Shark in that case lol.

@bimmy-lee I've never really given ASMR a shot. I should probably check out that video. Not sure how relaxing sludge noises will be....

Anti-Matter

Peoples started freaking out with AC new Horizons due to its restrictions.
Well, at the same time i still have a chance to multiple dip with ACNL Welcome Amiibo since i want to have multiple towns with different native fruits each town. Thanks to 3DS built feature that i can save the data inside the cartridge so i can have multiple cartridges with their Save Data inside. Now, AC New Horizons will be my new challenge.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Lololololololololololoooo, Hohohohohooo....

@Tyranexx Meh, the Babyshark song is just a Badger-badger wannabee...

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Trust me, it's still VERY annoying lol. Then again, I'm sometimes easily annoyed. XD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic