Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,801 to 38,820 of 40,094

Heavyarms55

@HobbitGamer I am guessing you mean Anakin/Luke's old blade in specific? It still existing actually was the case in both the old EU and the new canon. VERY different means, but it was still around in both.

Oh, spoilers I guess, but it still existing in and of itself is only a very minor plot point in the old EU. And they show it in the trailers for the new films so...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Edelgard profile pic credit to: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Ah, yes. I feel your pain (concerning Pokemon Sw/Sh). Don't you go and proclaim that out loud too often now, or the Dexters, as I "affectionately" call them, will more than likely throw you under the nearest bus...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - I wanted to ask you what you thought of Sw/Sh, but didn’t want to put you in harm’s way to fulfill my own curiosity. Glad you’re enjoying it. It’s probably not the Pokémon of young Heavyarms’ dreams, but that Pokémon game may never exist in reality anyway.

Edit - Sometimes I post a message and it says it’s been edited by me even though I didn’t edit the post. It happened on this post before this edit. One time I posted something and it said it had been edited by Morpheel even though I just posted it.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee i just think you need to tone it down bim.. your attitude and controversial topics about beer breaks and Sierra Nevada Chrismas trees are too hot for this thread. Heck..if i had the power, id edit all of your posts

Edited on by NintendoByNature

Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-5367-2536-4308

Eel

Glad to know it's not only my messages saying I edited them immediately after I posted them.

Though I have to say I didn't expect to hear other people's new comments also say I edited them.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Nah, it's fine; thanks for mentioning it! I'm curious about the third code that they mentioned would be coming soon, but I'd need to know more about that game first.

@bimmy-lee Plus, I'm sure both Bimily and Bimmy Jr. are quite worth the headaches they caused (and probably still do on occasion). I don't have kids of my own but generally have a soft spot for them. I have plenty of young cousins right now who definitely get doted on.

Tough Midwest winters indeed! My brother was also a fall baby (November), but my sister's bday is actually next week.

I also get those odd message edit texts here on occasion when I most definitely haven't edited a post.

@Heavyarms55 One of the books I loaned out in high school that ultimately was the straw that broke the loaning camel's back was a softcover. To be fair, it had a couple of small dings from where I'd accidentally dropped it a time or two (I can be klutzy). However, when I finally got it back after a couple of classmates borrowed it over the span of 2-3 months...ugh. The cover and a few pages had definitely been through some abuse. I'm guessing it spent some time in a backpack or bag getting pulverized.

I likewise prefer traditional books; a lot of people are surprised I don't have a Kindle, but I feel like I spend enough time in front of screens as it is. Plus, nothing can quite replace the feeling of holding and smelling a new book that hasn't been cracked open often. For your situation, electronic books totally make sense though.

Currently playing: Dragon Quest VIII (3DS), Ori and the Blind Forest (Switch), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Woomy_NNYes

@Ryu_Niiyama Awesome.

That's the first time I've heard "high velocity cloud", makes sense though. Those are all cool studies.

People who study me from top-down wonder how I accumulate clusters of games without eating them. (galaxy absorbing parody, joke)

Playing: Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Trials Rising.
FC: SW-5453-2229-5124 (I accept friend requests if you say Hi), Usr: Anderiah, Van Homan, chair. (Eastern US)
My avatar pic origin: https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap190708.html

Sunsy

One of those days where I had to go sit in waiting areas and bring my Switch with me. Gotta say, it feels cool playing my favorite Wii U game away from home, did some leveling up in Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Works well as a portable game being able to save anywhere. Good chunk of the day leveling up while waiting.

Sunsy

HobbitGamer

@Sunsy Since I started putting up boundaries at work like turning off my phone and computer during ‘lunch’, I’ve been appreciating the portability more as well.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I could use a good censor in my life. Someone around to tell me, “Whoa there Bimmy, calm down, these aren’t things real people think or talk about”. If you wanna read my most controversial takes, follow me in Twitter at bimmylee-too-hot-for-NL.

@Tyranexx - It’s a headache a minute, but I wouldn’t change a thing. They’re my best friends. I’m lucky too that my schedule allows me to spend a lot of time with them. Every dollar I don’t make because I’m spending time with them becomes a life long memory, which is much more valuable.

@Eel - It wasn’t you, it was that other guy, Morpheel. Good to know it’s a thing, and not something weird in my end. The time it showed that you edited my post actually could have been a minute or so after I posted, but it was a short, non controversial post, and nothing was actually changed after the edit showed up.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee just start your own podcast. -Bimmy's Bad Mouth Mornings.

"Where No One is Safe"

Sunsy

@HobbitGamer Not bad. I've always enjoyed handheld game systems because it makes passing the time in a waiting room more enjoyable. I've been carrying a handheld ever since my Game Boy Pocket, it's really nice to play a game I'd typically play on a TV out of the house.

Sunsy

Eel

@bimmy-lee oh then maybe it's entirely possible I just deleted an accidental oopsie or something?

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NotTelevision

That junk drawer forum is still going strong. Put in your comment before it’s too late.

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Man, I could drink a pot of coffee and then just talk like a maniac for an hour about stuff like my ET physiology thoughts the other day. Pretty sure it won’t be a very well received pod, but please subscribe, leave a five star rating, and write a glowing review anyway. It helps with the algorithms.

@NotTelevision - Haha, yeah, it gets a lot worse, but I’m not going to drag you folks into the gutter. I’m playing it cool here on NL. That junk drawer forum is great. It’s only tainted by the fact that it could have been a bot that started it and not someone who doesn’t know how to post a pic and who quickly gave up on the idea of even getting help in identifying the junk drawer item. It’s riveting stuff though. What WAS it? Or maybe the answer is right there? Maybe there’s a picture of nothing because that’s exactly what that person found in the junk drawer?

@Eel - I’ve been living with a little bit of secret fear that Siri autocorrected a word into something inappropriate. I assume it was that, or you hacked my phone and laptop, but in a benevolent way, so you can fix misspellings and punctuation, kill double spaces, things like that.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee let's put it this way. I wouldn't review bomb you...

Id actually love to have a random podcast with my guys. We've talked about it a couple times but never in a serious manner. I would think we would be entertaining, but we're also a group that has a very odd sense of humor. Probabaly one not everyone understands. It would have to be an adult swim' after midnight show.

We're kinda out there. Back in high school, all we did was video tape each other doing less than normal things. Of course, this was the era of '[email protected]$$'. So im sure you can imagine the kind of stuff we did. Back in May or June we found those old tapes and got together for some drinks. I don't think I've laughed that hard since.

This group of guys of mine, we've been friends since kindergarten in some cases, so we're more like brothers. You forget how much fun you had as you get older. And it's funny how you can remember pictures or videos like they were taken yesterday. My only hope is that my kids do at MOST, half the stupid things i did 😂

Woomy_NNYes

@NotTelevision I don't know, I've gotta tell ya, I've got a good feeling about the junk drawer thread.

Playing: Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Trials Rising.
FC: SW-5453-2229-5124 (I accept friend requests if you say Hi), Usr: Anderiah, Van Homan, chair. (Eastern US)
My avatar pic origin: https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap190708.html

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature I better not. I don’t want to even know what he told that clerk so he could get that beer tree. We all know what lengths men go to for holiday decoration.

@bimmy-lee It could be a bot. But it also could be the last post of an individual consumed by the pink extraterrestrial goo hiding in the depths of their junk drawer. We will never truly know.

NotTelevision

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic