Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,701 to 38,720 of 96,485

HobbitGamer

@Eel I never would have guessed it was a moth!!

@bimmy-lee Hailey is the 4th pet, big Shepard/Rhodesian mix. She’s 14 months old and terribly adorable. Got her after Halloween.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

One can only wonder what benefit does pretending to be a tiny blushing snake bring to this moth.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

I felt quite upset this morning. 😤
I got Ratchet & Clank PS4 in Like New condition yesterday.
But, after i saw something hideous on the cover print quality and after i compared with my other PS4 games and Ratchet & Clank PS4 unboxing video, the cover i got was a reprinted, not original factory print.
But the Disc was still Original and it has been updated on my PS4 Slim.
It will be my lesson to be more careful when i want to order from Tokopedia.
Some sellers are not really 100% honest.
Last time, i got Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus and All 4 One in Asia region, not USA region from the photo i saw. I don't really like the Chinese letters on the cover as oppose with Kanji letter on the cover that i still okay since i prefer Japanese version than Chinese. But at least the games are playable and cheap enough. Later, i will pick Toro Let's Party PS3 Asia version with Chinese letter on the cover because that's the only version has English texts.

Btw, i just lost Rp 200,000 or US$14.67. I have ordered again the Brand New condition with a bit expensive price but trustable.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Eel - That’s a cool moth. I suppose when you look like a snake, or you look like you’re in the process of being eaten by a snake, not many things will try and eat you. It’s a natgeo quality pic. That hint of red right behind the snake’s eye is also a sign for predators to stay away.

@HobbitGamer - Ha, awesome, I don’t know how I missed it. Welcome Hailey. I think my mutt is part ridgeback. He has the body type, and he has a ridge of hair that stands up from the top of his head to the tip of his tail when he’s on alert.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Eel

Well yeah, but it looks so cute and happy.

Edit: a friend told me it looks like an atlas moth. Those do look a little more menacing!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

@Eel Very cool pictures! Heck, I'd like to see the overall landscape around there too since it's one I don't see often.

@HobbitGamer Hailey sounds adorable! And very ornery. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Oh thanks, I'll try to take more pictures next time we visit the place. Whenever that happens to be.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

Yes, it's a close relative of the saguaro, the cardon. You can find them all across the Baja Californian peninsula.

They grow taller than saguaros.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

Thinking back, I believe the first time I was introduced to the idea of large cactus plants was in a Reading Rainbow episode that featured a book that outlined what sort of desert life the plants help support. I can't think of the book title.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

So my left ear has been stopped up for a good 20 hours now. It’s nature’s belated present.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

WoomyNNYes

@HobbitGamer My ears have never drained good (eustachian tube issues). Stay plugged for a long time after flights, and get ear infections easily. A solution that works for me, allergy nasal saline solution (it just has more salt than regular nasal saline). I spray it in my nostril until until I feel it go all the way back & drip toward my throat, I tilt my head to that side when i feel that, and let it sit for 5-10 seconds(longer can help). Then I blow my nose until clear. The saline usually triggers my eustatchian tubes to drain & unplug my ear. Sometimes though, it unplugs minutes after I've blown my nose clear. Regular saline may do the job, but the higher salt allergy saline is more effective. Any grocery store or drug store has nasal saline solution.

I only discovered this after a flight by accident in recent years. Try it if you want.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Vinny

Just saw the boots i got back in january in an ad (I got them online), and they're quite a lot cheaper.
Kinda annoying when this happens. Though they're still nice for the price i got them.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

@Woomy_NNYes Yeah I’ve got a netipot for my sinuses. I think the issue now is that I had so much dried gunk that when I used wax softener, it made everything too soft and now it just sits. I’ve been able to flush some out with hydrogen peroxide, but at this point I think I just have to let the ear dry out.

#MudStrongs

Heavyarms55

@Woomy_NNYes I remember reading once that the oldest living thing is some 5000 year old tree in Africa. But I can't remember where I read that.

[edit] Google tells me it's actually in North America and a type of pine tree.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NotTelevision

@HobbitGamer
That’s an annoying problem to have. The hydrogen peroxide helps, but it’s also just a waiting game.

NotTelevision

WoomyNNYes

@Heavyarms55 Ha. The oldest tree in America I know exactly what you're talking about. The something Bristlecone. When you see the tree, it's comical, because it looks like standing driftwood. If it's not this tree, it at least, used to be the oldest known tree in the US.

Behold, the something Bristlecone, older than the pyramids, in all its leafless glory
Untitled
It looks like it's moments away from being pushed over. Still, it's age is damn impressive. I know you can find pics of the tree type with its leaves, but when i saw the "oldest tree" in America, the pic they showed looked lifeless, like i pasted.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic