Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,561 to 38,580 of 96,511

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx Yea, his original account didn't seem suspect. I know he was relatively newer, but I don't think he was hostile from what I remember. Glad it's taken care of.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero It was meant as a metaphor/imagery for kiss my you-know-what and sh** storm in response to @NEStalgia's comment, but I suppose that wasn't clear enough.

@bimmy-lee So, just out of curiosity: why did you attend these classes, then? On a side note: I think you manage just fine. The other day is basically one of the few times that I caught you coming across a bit different than you intended, but in general, I hardly find anything wrong with your comments. More often than not, short and sweet is better than text walls with multiple endings...

@Tyranexx Who the heck is this newbie loser going off in the Switch AND in the TMS thread? What an idiot. Too bad no mod has removed him yet from the TMS thread. I can't stand short-sighted individuals like that.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

Wow, I didn't even see the deleted stuff and what remains is quite possibly the worst trolling I have ever seen on the intertubes. Most trolls try for subtlety, and try to create a very very very thin sheen of plausible deniability to their goals. This one just kind of lays it all out there.
Untitled

@ThanosReXXX Are you sure Gene Simmons won't sue you for the first image?

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia
@Link-Hero No offense taken. I was a bit sour, earlier. And perhaps a better explanation for the first picture would have been "potty mouth", which is what @NEStalgia obviously is, suggesting such inflammatory subjects such as Pokémon games...

@NEStalgia Nah, the tongue isn't pointy or long enough...

EDIT:
Whaaaat?? Their kind has their own shirts now?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Mafuyu_Oribe

Why do I keep seeing Kirby ads? Seems strange when I'm not interested in the series.

Probably put something worth here. I'm not sure.

NEStalgia

@Mafuyu_Oribe Because it's a Nintendo brand and you're interested in Nintendo things.....isn't that personalized advertising enough to be creepy by itself without it knowing what your favorite and least favorite character's games are?

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature As am I. I understand not liking certain games, art styles, and/or genres, but thinking everyone should share the same opinion is extremely short-sighted. That one was clearly not interested in being reasoned with.

@ThanosReXXX I'm still leaning towards "troll" for that one, though sadly enough I've met the occasional individual IRL that thinks dudebro games are all where it's at and that anything else is for kids or is garbage.

That's the first time I've seen such a broad definition used for shovelware though.

@NEStalgia I very nearly linked an image of a WoW troll in the Switch article. That shirt is brilliant! XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx for sure. He didn't seem to be that kind of person. But out of nowhere 0 to 100. But oh well. Side note: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Hyrule warriors.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Well one time I spent 2 hours talking to Kid Rock's former personal bodyguard. He said Kid Rock pays really well but works his people extremely hard. Apparently he often had to work all day and sometimes even longer in a single session. And sometimes had to act more like a bouncer than a body guard. Apparently even having to cover for the guy while he... had fun... with fangirls. He left the job because he couldn't continue dealing with the crazy long hours and never seeing his own family.

The guy could have been lying through his teeth of course, but it was all so specific that I doubt it. Why make up such a story to tell to a random hotel clerk?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - They’re totally the Zza type of turtle teens. Nice work dropping the el bees. I assume that was a resolution. It’s never easy. I’m going to weigh in on Saturday when my beer break is over. I’m pretty sure I cut a couple pounds of beer weight.

@Tyranexx - The video I started was a 14 minute full play. I didn’t watch it all, but it seemed like it was going to become near impossible if/when multiple enemies started showing up on screen due to the floaty jump. I could tell the person playing was having a hard time getting grounded in time to collect the healthy snacks, haha!

@ThanosReXXX - I got about a year and a half into a journalism program in college, but switched to the English and creative writing program at semester break just before ‘01. I previously wanted to be a print journalist, but I found out that I didn’t care for that style of writing. The entire print industry was just starting what would become a rapid decline towards death, but there wasn’t a clear future for journalism online yet. It felt like I would have to forget everything I had just learned about print journalism in college in the oncoming digital age, so I went a different route towards attaining a college degree that hasn’t really ever gotten me anything specific other than a bit of cred when applying for a job because I was able to start and finish something. College was fun though, so there was that.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia Yes. It is very creepy. But on the other hand, it also can be mildly annoying if it latches onto an idea that you're interested in something that you really aren't. Or something you really don't want on your screen in public.

Like golf. shudders

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee I'm in agreement. Tubular dudes use the extra Z. Glad you're on the cool side now. Yea thanks man. Alot of soup and salad honestly. It's hard as someone who loves and adores all kinds of food, but gotta stick with it. About 15 or so more to go. And good on you dude. Let me know how the lack of beer has helped in the diet.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Heck YES! I knew you'd enjoy Hyrule Warriors! Many of the heroes' movesets are very fun to play around with. They definitely did a decent job of throwing a lot of the Zelda cast into a Musou game. It's also a nice game to let off some steam IMO.

@Heavyarms55 Whether or not the guy was lying through his teeth, sounds like that was still an interesting conversation! I don't blame him for leaving the job though; IMO no amount of money makes up for things like family and work/life balance. But that's just me.

And yes. Golf is terrifying.

@bimmy-lee Multiple enemies on-screen cause some slowdown in that game as well.

Captain Novolin is probably worth a play just for the lulz, but it's not something I'd recommend tracking down normally. XD It's almost Big Rigs level bad.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx thats what I love about it. Just some good slashing through 1000s of enemies. And i gotta say; it's great playing as darunia, I'm a big goron fan 😂

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Leaning towards? He's at it full-on, so I have no doubt about what he's doing.
All kidding aside, though, besides the short-sightedness what I truly dislike about this individual, is that he's not only generalizing an entire range of various types of games based upon aesthetics alone, but what REALLY ticks me off is that he's also telling, no almost commanding people not to play them, because otherwise, you're any number of the dumb choice of words that he inserted here and there. It's beyond pathetic. People like that should be VERY glad that they aren't addressing me like that in real life...

@bimmy-lee Yeah, I know that feeling. Same here. My basic education was nothing much to write home about, and neither was my college education. I had what they call the "fun package" over here, meaning languages, economy, history, art class, PE, biology and geography. Only after that did I seriously start to consider what I wanted to do, and most of my other educations and diplomas were done on the job.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Told you that you’d enjoy it. Just wait till you start upgrading attack moves, then it gets really fun.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer it's pretty sweet. Ya know I've tried upgrading weapons and stuff, I think I'm doing it correctly, but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm enjoying it.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature My personal favs out of the good character bunch are Sheik, Impa, and Link. Darunia was a bit slow for my liking long-term, but he's still pretty fun.

Now I'm tempted to dip back into my Wii U file at some point.

@ThanosReXXX Okay, maybe I was a bit too nice with the description there.

In any case, I think we're in agreement over the whole thing. Saying that everything within a certain animation style is the same is bonkers. To borrow from the stop-motion genre, that would be like saying Wallace & Gromit is the exact same thing as The Nightmare Before Christmas.

What I found the most grating were the "weeb" comments. There are as many different reasons to like the anime art style as there are people. I don't like all anime shows, games, etc. (Not into slice of life or romance, for example, and believe me when I say some anime tropes do nothing for me. ), but to me there's nothing wrong with people enjoying things I don't care for. Clearly some market for it exists.

I'm pretty sure @NEStalgia mentioned not having enough palms for their face recently. I was reaching that point with that individual.

Ganonbowser

@Electricmastro How does one write articles for the site? Because I'm starting out in journalism, and I would like to hear some advice, please.

Ganonbowser

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic