Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,401 to 38,420 of 96,490

NotTelevision

@Tyranexx That’s the same way I feel about it. I get the feeling most local law enforcement doesn’t care about it either. They’re probably laughing when they get call from someone who is complaining about it.

MK8 is a great game. I think I spent most of my time beating the ghost in time trials. There are some ridiculous shortcuts on the tracks that you find out about, particularly the new Rainbow Road where boosting off the side of the track will drop you to a point in a lower level near the finish line. That’s a good one to frustrate friends with 😂

NotTelevision

Anti-Matter

@NotTelevision
Baby Park (Mario Kart 8 version) is more catastrophic than Rainbow Road.
Due to its short loop, you can easily got smack by items or overlapped by 1 turn. 😆

Anti-Matter

NotTelevision

@Anti-Matter Ohh for real. If don’t have banana peels or shells guarding you during that race, you’re going to have a rough time. You also need to position yourself just right so you can pull off that slide boost around the corners. I also think it’s sometimes good to position yourself so the blue shell won’t get you. There’s always at least one per race.

NotTelevision

NotTelevision

@StephanDLW Some items require skills to use effectively. It’s just the the blue shells that feel a bit cheap. It’s a fun item in a random game, but it gets annoying because it feels like punishment for racing well. If I get taken out by a green shell or a banana peel then I feel like it was my fault though.

When I play Smash online I turn off the items. Some of the trophies assist are just ridiculously overpowered. In a friendly game they are fun though. I like the Nintendog that blocks the screen 😮

NotTelevision

HobbitGamer

Baaaaaby Park, doo-doo dah doo dah doo-doo....

Allergies are gross. They don’t usually get me too bad, but I woke up thirty minutes after bedtime with an immediate need to eject bile and post nasal drip out of my not sinus cavity.

Guess I’ll go start checking tons of wires in the truck for continuity in a bit.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NotTelevision

@Anti-Matter Yeah not sure what happened. It seemed like a pretty G rated discussion.

Now it looks like I’m just harassing random people with my thoughts on Mario Kart. So be it. History will not be defaced today.

NotTelevision

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Think I found the truck problem. The replacement starter I put in is grounding out; the plastic pigtail harness for the ignition lead isn’t seated or sealed completely, just wiggly bigly. When it wiggles, there’s enough give that the metal lead (which should not be visible) on the casing interior is making contact with the casing, going directly to chassis ground. I bench tested to solenoid after seating it and it still engages. Gonna try to get to the part store and fuss so it doesn’t use my warranty. The part is visibly defective, I would rather them not use up my 90 manufacture warranty.
Hopefully this fixes it, since the affected fuse is “IGN W/STARTER” and the standalone “IGN” isn’t affected.

Fun

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

Ugh, how is it Monday morning already? I feel like it should still be Saturday afternoon at the latest!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

This Monday there will be a Lion Dance performance at my School Gym.
It will be very noisy from the drum and the cymbals sound. 😣
Students will watch the performance and give Hong Bao to the Lion Dancers.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Does anyone else get a 404 Not Found when trying to follow site notifications? It isn't device or browser-specific; I've had it happen to me today on both my phone (Chrome) and just now on my laptop (Firefox).

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Ugh, how is it Monday morning already? I feel like it should still be Saturday afternoon at the latest!

This is one of the few reasons why I'm totally okay with being towards the back of the International Date Line.

@NintendoByNature I think I'll eventually try the online modes, but it'll be some time since I don't have a NSO subscription just yet. Besides that, my comfort level with such modes would need to be VERY comfortable first. XD

@NotTelevision I'm pretty sure law enforcement around here, depending on the person, would humor the complainer, but nothing would come of it lol.

I've heard/read that the games are generally full of shortcuts. I tend to be pretty casual with such games, but I will seek them out.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ninfan

@Tyranexx I got that 404 not found too. Can you tell me about that dolphin emulator do I need the game itself ( Gamecube ) to play on it or do they have the games on it .

Ninfan

Tyranexx

@Ninfan Hmm...Wonder if the hosting provider or website are having a few hiccups.

As for Dolphin, I'm no help there; I've personally never messed around with it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ninfan

@Eel I saw 57 robots😵😵😵😵😵

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
I don't even need Dolphin emulator to play Gamecube games.
I have Wii USA to play both Wii and Gamecube games USA version.
My Wii is 100 % Original, no hacking, no modding, no jailbreak.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter I think dolphin is just something someone set-up to play gamecube games online, if it was doing something wrong nintendo would have closed it down, I think. I'm sure nintendo know about it ! Gamecube games are the best games ever released I think !

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
And that's why i don't want to mess up with my Wii.
Just play the original games without emulator and you will be fine.
I don't need to play Online from my Wii.
Offline gaming is already more than enough.

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Starters are terrible. That’s definitely the part I sent back to the parts store for warranty the most when I was in the shops. Pretty sure I’ve seen that exact scenario before. I’m sure you’ve got it all figured out by now, hopefully they swapped it out for you with no hassle. You probably diagnosed the short pretty quick then. I’ve seen mechanics flip out trying to find them.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic