Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,381 to 38,400 of 96,492

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Have fun! I'm interested in reading more impressions of the game. It's been 2-3 years since I've played it.

I know someone who argued a ticket and won by default because the officer who issued it didn't even show up to the hearing. But yeah, generally it's (unfortunately) not worth it most of the time. If I recall correctly, that was an incident where he technically wasn't in the wrong anyway. His insurance had a field day with that one.

@ThanosReXXX Agreed. I try very hard not to be combative with authority figures - though my tongue can get a bit waspish in the right situations - but generally try to go for a mutually respectful exchange or, at the very least, a neutral one.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita So, how are you doing in this wonderful new year of two equal numbers?
It's been kind of quiet on the Knuckles-Fajita front, so I'm assuming you've taken to your new (work-related) role and gotten accustomed to it, but feel free to correct me when I'm wrong.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx if it was a substantial ticket i would probabaly try And fight it honestly. Especially if i was in the right. I'll be sure to let you know re: Hyrule warriors. Been playing a little of paper mario too which has been a nice change of pace from tw3 and re5. Now that youre done with SWD2 what's next on your plate?

NintendoByNature

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX A gloriously mixed bag if I do say so myself.

It has been quiet on my front here, mainly because typing anything draws ire, but also because yes, before Christmas I did well over 40 hour weeks, and even in January, due to the absence of any department managers and now only two of three supervisors, there is money going. So I step in to assist in parts.

40 hour weeks in January is unheard of.

Anyhow, our January sale lasts two more weeks before our HUGE gardening range comes in that last until August. Now amazingly, I'm not part of the setup for that, despite being store merchandiser.

See, gardening has places to go, its where seasonal was. What I have....is the slightly more tricky tasks.

So my background working with FMCG means that alongside the usual promotional bays and Managers Special on the monthly, I also did Valentines (That I was allowed to just BS because the stock isn't arriving that they want us to have until AFTER the date!), and a "Value Range" of stuff like 50% free marked things....but they didn't send any point of sale so its just kinda some shelves that say "extra free" on the packaging. Not my cup of tea, but the plans the company sent were thrown out (At my request, because oh my god no) and I did my own thing. It seems to be working.

More over, in general with the exception of anything absolutely mandated by the company, I just do my own thing now.

As such, thats why I dont do the gardening setup, because as it turns out, here comes Easter, thick and fast. No dedicated spaces for it until closer to the time at the front of the store, and it has to work around the food departments.

So there is a team working on gardening set up, and little old me worrying about my chocolates, because thats where my talents are needed.

People are also noticing if I get bored I start to research sales and talk to myself a lot

So in that respect, with the exception of the odd anxiety attack, the new job is fine.

On the other hand, jesus christ, do not trust certain people. After three years I finally trusted someone with some truths about myself, they go through a bad break up, hurt themselves, I get them help..and then out of revenge they start spreading lies about me, and when confronted about it, seem to have a laundry list of people to blame.

So thats going around, but further to that, they are one of the few who knows something about me that in that place should never get out. If it did, people there would either react badly, or not shut up, and given some people keep proding trying to find out....yeah.

My assistant manager knows, and agrees it should be kept quiet. Then again, half the time I'm a girl so its hardly subtle is it? But people have complimented it, so there is that. Being genderfluid is hard sometimes The other half of the time people annoy me with questions or making my job harder, and I punch things, my right hand isn't my friend now.

And I mean, minus the backstabbing little parasites, constant behind the back talking, and my seeming habit of hitting things when a few select people even dare speak to me, its great.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Typing anything draws ire? How so? I'd think it depends on what one types, not on the typing of just anything, unless people are specifically out to get you...

And erm... FMCG? Must have missed that particular abbreviation, because I've no idea what it's supposed to mean.

Also, gender fluid. Imagine being almost fifty year old me, barely getting used to people labeling themselves as "gender neutral", and then in comes Knuckles, hitting me with a "gender fluid"...

I suppose keeping it quiet could be somewhat problematic, depending on how you look and/or behave yourself on any given day, if my understanding of the term is correct, mind you.

All kidding and word-juggling aside, though, good to hear you're doing well, even if a bit over-worked here and there, from the looks of it.

On a side note: I'm not quite getting the part about people wanting to exact revenge on you for helping them, so either I'm misunderstanding/missing something, or you've left something out.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX FMCG - Fast Moving Consumer Goods. So food, cleaning, pet food....drinks....

And yeah you pretty much nailed it. Depending on the day, I'm a girl. Today was the first day I could be with no panic or anger or anything, because certain people weren't in. Felt good. Dunno if that can last...

I promised them I wouldn't mention what happened between them and my friend. They were hurting themselves, so I did. Pick a bad choice, I go for the moral one.

They didn't like that. Also helps that they seem to be a bit...unhinged? If someone makes me look sane, its scary. They showed no remorse even when faced with people knowing they blamed others for it all.

They even went off to another guy they were insulting in what I call record time. Literally like a week.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I'm thinking about dipping into Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for a little while later to see how that goes. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this in here before, but while I don't dislike racing games, they also don't hold my attention long. At least not the ones I've played up to this point. I think I'll try to get gold cups in one of the CC modes and call it good, then dip back into it on occasion.

The only proper Mario Kart I've played a significant chunk of is Super Mario Kart for the SNES; I received it as a code with my SNES N3DS XL over a year ago. While it was by no means a bad game, I don't feel that it's aged the best and felt that the AI could be pretty cheap at times.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Question.
Have you ever knew about Modnation Racers PS3?
The Mario Kart clone by Sony but with better features in my opinion.
You can create your own racers and the circuit, something that never exist on Mario Kart games so far.
It doesn't mean Mario Kart is not as good as Modnation Racers, but Mario Kart needs that feature to keep the game fresh.
If there is Super Mario Maker, why don't there is an Edit Tool to create your own characters and circuit on Mario Kart games ?

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

@Eel ah, crud, really? Hey, forgive me Eel. I dont know why I thought you were a female. These avatars & usernames don't communicate much about identity, granted, by design for privacy. So, sorry my forum friend. Feel free to call me miss or princesa for a while.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx Mario kart 8 deluxe is maybe my 2nd or 3rd most played game on switch.. then again i got it when it launched and there wasn't much to play at that time.. but im with you on racing games. I can only play them so much.

Side note, was going to fire up assassins creed rogue tonight but i think I'll give fractured but whole a shot. I can use some laughs.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Ooh, I love that game! Inevitably, I always end up running into the person I’m trying to avoid while grabbing my last item, and it’s always, “Heyyyyy, good to see you, crazy running into you here.” It’s really one of the most selfish games to play, like I really can’t take two minutes to small talk with someone, but it’s just so fun. Makes me feel like I’m living a Larry David show. That Super Mario Kart AI is some of the dirtiest in the history of gaming. I’m also not a huge racing fan, but I’ve always enjoyed Kart from 64 forward.

@ThanosReXXX - I do like the city I’m in now (about 30-40 minutes from my home town), but there’s nothing quintessential about it that you’d need to see on a visit to the States. I’d feel kind of bad dragging you here. And the little town I grew up in, I wouldn’t even take you there. Just watch Gummo on the flight over, and you’ll get the gist of it. I do have a plan though. Chicago is an awesome city, one of my favorites, so we’ll have you fly in there, NBN can pick you up at the airport, and Tyranexx and I will drive up and over to meet up with you two for a nice evening of food and spirits. Plan? Plan.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - Dang! Thanks man, I fixed it. That’s the second time my autocorrect has done that, and I haven’t noticed. Hey, I wanted to ask you earlier when you replied to my gamelan question, what is the significance of gamelan to Indonesian people? I was under the impression it was part of establishing an Indonesian identity separate from China. At any rate, I love watching videos of gamelan. I would love to see a gamelan “orchestra” live in person some day.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Gamelan (Gosh... suddenly it typed Homeland from my phone 🤣 ) is the traditional ensemble music of Javanese, Sundanese, and Balinese in Indonesia, made up predominantly of percussive instruments.
Untitled
The instrument is pure from Indonesia.
Gamelan is usually played for traditional Indonesia dance such as Serimpi dance, Kecak dance, Legong dance, etc.
Some example of gamelan playing.

Trivia time, some Japanese musician got inspiration from Indonesian culture and bring the inspiration into their songs such as Denpasar by good-cool, Klungkung 1655 from Keyboardmania, Gamelan de Couple by Tomosuke Funaki from Dance Dance Revolution and also The Lost Kingdom theme from Super Mario Odyssey.

Anti-Matter

NotTelevision

@Tyranexx TP isn’t vandalism to me either. It’s just a fun little prank that gives you an excuse to wander around at 2 in the morning. I’ll admit I would get annoyed if kids were doing it to my house all the time. But the first couple of times people must react with more surprise than anger.

NotTelevision

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter I haven't heard about that game - didn't know anyone with a PS3 - but I'll look into it.

The only racer I willingly seek out every now and again is an arcade game called Hydro Thunder. The playtime is usually fairly short, plus I like a lot of the lighter boats in the game.

@NintendoByNature I just fired MK8D up for a little while. So far I'm enjoying my time with the game! It's really flashy, the tracks are tight, and a lot of the items are fun. Now if only some of my CPU racing compadres would stop slamming me with blue shells.... 😒

I almost went right into 150CC but decided 100CC would be a better mode in which to get my feet wet. I think I'm adjusting to the controls nicely. 50CC is too slow. XD

@bimmy-lee Typically I don't avoid people that I know aren't long-term chatterers, though it depends on my schedule. It's almost a stealth game in itself trying to dodge the windy ones that you know will tack on at least 15-20 minutes of what should be a store visit. XD

The AI in Mario Kart has already messed me up this evening. I was doing well on the last track of the most recent cup I attempted, and lo and behold I get slammed with a ton of items at nearly the same time during the final lap. I finished 3rd and still brought home the gold trophy.

Tyranexx

@NotTelevision Where I'm from, it's seen more as a practical joke by most. I didn't even know it was considered vandalism in some communities/by some people until I was a little past the TP-happy stage.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic