Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,801 to 37,820 of 96,521

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - It’s the old, stale water. Maybe even rotten. It has little bubbles in it because it’s been sitting too long. No sir, not for me. I want cold, fresh water. None of this old room temp stuff.

I used to drive and then hike up a little mountain with a friend when I lived in the NW, and about 75% of the way up on the hike, someone had tapped into an unending cold spring, and there was a water line pouring out water so cold it almost hurt to drink it. We would always just sit and drink it for about an hour before we finished the hike, and then refill on the way down. I wish I could just teleport there every time I’m thirsty.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

WoomyNNYes

@HobbitGamer @bimmy-lee When my friend lived in southern New Jersey, his tap water tasted like hose water. You know, that plastic taste from a garden house.

I never wanted an insulated water bottle, but wanted a stainless steel bottle. Now that I have an insulated steel bottle, I love how it keeps cold water so long.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

bimmy-lee

@Woomy_NNYes - Oof, yeah, city water can be pretty bad. Ours is super chlorinated. I buy 10 gallons of RO water every week for cooking and drinking and keep filters on the shower heads. We’re saving up for a filtration system. I grew up in a super rural area with well water, and the well was less than 30 yards from a corn/soy field. It was Roundup brand runoff water.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX It's a no-touch haunt; customers can be touched (gently) with interactive props though. That's implemented as a safety measure both for the patrons and the actors.

This person didn't even make it past the dress rehearsal and was doing this, without asking or any warning, to other cast members in the break area and in their area of the house. Too much invasion of personal space. If this person had asked and been more respectful of boundaries, they wouldn't have been tossed out.

@Zuljaras Love it! It sort of reminds me of The Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

Finished part 3 of Dracula. Felt a bit rushed, but as a whole I enjoyed the series. The name cameos in part 3 were a neat touch.

Back to Witcher. I’ve started to explore more, and have gotten the hang of buff items.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

Me: Progresses the main story ONE cutscene.

Me: Time to spend the next 3 hours side questing and crafting better equipment! Want to me able to handle the monsters around that corner after all! I'm village will be fine without me for another couple weeks(in-game)!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 I hear that. I’m halfway through level 9, and still wander into fights and areas I have to run away from in the second area of the world. Reminds me of when I started Fallout 3 and fell into the sewers in Old Olney. Bad times.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DannyBoi

I hope this doesn't mean we are going to have to wait to the end of the year for Switch Eshop overhaul and next major Switch firmware update. https://youtu.be/Ppts5TrwFXE

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Magician

@Woomy_NNYes - thanks for considering me, very kind. But my backlog is deep enough as is. Someone else can redeem it.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Thanks for the head’s up! Doesn’t look like it’s one I’d spend much time with, so I’ll let someone grab it who might enjoy it more and offer valid feedback.

Tough game yesterday against SF, though there’s no shame in losing to the top team in the NFC in my opinion. Their dline is a game wrecker, and the O has too much speed. It would be a surprise to me if they’re not playing in the SB.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Thanks for the heads-up! Might try to redeem a code in a little while, but tbh I'm in no hurry. Busy day.

Edit: All NA codes seem used up, but there's supposed to be another round later. We'll see!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MsJubilee

Ugh just ate a Taco Bell burrito, it was disgusting! Everything was cold, no meat, just cold beans. Shame their tacos are decent(if you can call them that) Should've gone to Del Taco or another taco restaurant.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee for sure, thanks man. Im ok with it. Always next year ya know. And i don't think the packers are as good as their record is and they're the only real threat in the nfc North. So who knows.

NintendoByNature

Banjo-

@Woomy_NNYes Thanks, I picked it up. I have a ton of games on Xbox One X but not so many on Switch so I'll give it a go and send feedback to the developer.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

HobbitGamer

It’s the foggiest weather that I’ve ever seen. Visibility is about 15 feet with just the moon. Now I understand all the shipwrecks on foggy coasts.

#MudStrongs

WoomyNNYes

@HobbitGamer Fog obstrusts visibility now? Someone has been watching Bill Nye Science Guy, and learned-ing. Tell me more

Playing with you. Yeah, every once in a while you can encounter some crazy dense fog, and it can make you say, holy schmidt!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic