General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Showing 3,761 to 3,780 of 10,486

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

3,761. Posted:

so.... after trying to recreate tetris on game maker and getting something that at least worked. I got inspired I'll make my own puzzle battle game(Like Pokémon Puzzle league but with completely different mechanics)

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Gioku

3,762. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame: Nice! Would you mind sharing the Tetris game with me? I'd like to have a look at it~

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

3,763. Posted:

@Gioku you know when I said it worked? well it has the mechanics but it's impossible to control properly basically it's halfway done but I had that flash in a moment and decided to jump into the new idea ASAP

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

3,764. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame: I'd still kinda like to see what you've got, though. ;)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

3,765. Posted:

@Gioku sure! but it'll take a while the internet in my house has some terrible upload speed(and today it is acting up)
so in the last test I noticed I forgot making the new tetris pieces appear.... dhow could I make such a mistake it's like the core of the game! :(

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

3,766. Posted:

So I decided to take up piano yesterday. It's going to take a lot of practice, but I'd like to do some video game covers eventually.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Gioku

3,767. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame: Ah... if you get it figured out let me know! :D

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

3,768. Posted:

@Gioku of course you've shown me Game Maker, I want you to be the first to try my game :D

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

3,769. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame: Haha! Well I'm looking forward to it. ;)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Nathan_Wv10

3,770. Posted:

@CapnPancakes Good luck with that :p I've always wanted to learn to play an instrument but I've never got round to it :(

and @Gioku whats Game Maker? Sounds interesting :D

Nathan_Wv10

Twitter: Nathplaydirty

AuthorMessage

Gioku

3,771. Posted:

@Nathan_Wv10: It's a really awesome program you can use to make games! I'm planning on using it to make games professionally, because it's really intuitive and I've been using it for nearly 7 years now, and it (now) has the capability to be used to create games professionally! You can check it out here. :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Nathan_Wv10

3,772. Posted:

@Gioku Thanks man, I will definitely look into it, as this is the first time I have come across this. Nice to hear that you are interested in making games, I am currently doing a Games Development Course at college but have only really looked into Flash so far. I was able to make a little collectables game for my course, which wasn't very good but it was a start :P We are starting to look into UDK and Blender at the moment and I will definitely take a look at this Game Maker as it sounds real interesting.

Nathan_Wv10

AuthorMessage

Gioku

3,773. Posted:

@Nathan_Wv10: yeah yeah, Game Maker is awesome! The programming language it uses is very similar to C++, so that's really helpful. You can even do a lot more with Game Maker if you know C++ - you can write DLL files that can be used as extras with Game Maker to do basically anything you want - it's really cool! I've programmed with Flash before, and IMHO, it wasn't the greatest. Sure, you can easily use vector graphics and such, but the programming language is not intuitive at all... it's just way over-complicated. But Blender is really cool! :D I've actually been making some prerendered graphics for Game Maker with it! :D

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Nathan_Wv10

3,774. Posted:

@Gioku It sounds really good and if it's easier to use than Flash I definitely will give it a try. I am struggling with blender a little at the moment but I have only been learning it in college for a few weeks. I am sure soon I will hopefully become a master at it :P You will have to keep me updated on any projects you work on :D and i hope you do one day become a success !!

Nathan_Wv10

AuthorMessage

Gioku

3,775. Posted:

@Nathan_Wv10: I've got a link in my signature you can check out to see what I've been working on (and stay updated with new things I might start in the future) if you want! :)
vv

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

3,776. Posted:

well it was really laid back day.... time to sleep, gotta wake up early and fill some more bags/boxes with my stuff for the moving day(it's in 9 days very close to christmas good time to go to a new house huh?)

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Nathan_Wv10

3,777. Posted:

@Gioku I will keep checking up on that then :D

Nathan_Wv10

AuthorMessage

Gioku

3,778. Posted:

Alright guys, I think I have our next official Chit-Chat contest: the Awkward Family Photos Contest!
Untitled
Just head on down to awkwardfamilyphotos.com and pick out what you think is the best! Whoever finds the funniest picture wins! (keep it SFW of course, though)

Ready? Set? Go! :D

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

3,779. Posted:

@Gioku But what if we have our own awkward family photos that we want to share, would that count :P

Also happy Saturday the 14th, on this special day, Fred Rechid goes into the dreams of Fryers and revs them up.

Also, it's snowing, here's some holiday snowing music............just cause.

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

Gioku

3,780. Posted:

@SheldonRandoms: Haha, I suppose if you really want to, lol. :D

Also, tomorrow I will film A Very Bumpity Christmas! I've borrowed a really creepy-looking singing Santa Claus plush toy from my Grandma to use in it - it's gonna be awesome! :D

Also just posted this on my channel; it was made by my friends and I thought it was amazing! have a look if you'd like~ :D

Edited on by Gioku

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery